Cultivated Reef

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks you guys! I'm in love with my GBGs. They are starting to become so much more bold with each other. Haven't seen any mating behavior yet though. Those photos are a mix of the male and the female. There is one shot of both of them "near" each other. The only time I've really seen them touching is when I feed and they are both trying to get the food.

I did notice them following each other today (not chasing). From what I've read, that's a good thing.

Thanks you guys! I'm in love with my GBGs. They are starting to become so much more bold with each other. Haven't seen any mating behavior yet though. Those photos are a mix of the male and the female. There is one shot of both of them "near" each other. The only time I've really seen them touching is when I feed and they are both trying to get the food.

I did notice them following each other today (not chasing). From what I've read, that's a good thing.

Was he following her? Or the other way around?

ugh this makes me want my camera back right meow! i let my friend borrow it so he could get some pro shots of his gf who is an opera singer

Thanks, squared!!!!

The female was actually following the male. Which is great because usually she runs the other way when he gets near to her. She's definitely feeling more comfortable around him.

ugh this makes me want my camera back right meow! i let my friend borrow it so he could get some pro shots of his gf who is an opera singer

WTF?

I have a nice camera...but I don't REALLY know how to use it. I was experimenting with it today. I think I found the right setting for my tank. I definitely need a nice macro lens though.

I have a nice camera...but I don't REALLY know how to use it. I was experimenting with it today. I think I found the right setting for my tank. I definitely need a nice macro lens though.

And yes, I'm that nice of a person.. I help the unfortunate, he does not have a good camera anymore and was in a pinch and said - can i borrow your camera for a week - I have the camera insured so I'm not overly concerned

Macro lenses are great I kind of kick myself for not going SLR - however my camera is probably better than the entry level slr... in some aspects - do not think i am saying that having a non slr camera is better - but my functions are excellent.. next up hopefully goign to be buying a nice SLR.

plus the droids have pretty decent camera's in them check out the photo of the blenny i just posted.. i just cant do manual on it

I love those cute little gobies! One of the shots makes the goby look like he's puffing his cheeks out, like a chipmunk, too cute!

Did you have overnight shipping for the RC order?

nevermore1701

Looking great Gena! Sadly my NC12 hasn't fared so well. The Zoas have spread a little bit, and the Yellow Watchman is great, but my Clown pair didn't survive me being out of town for Thanksgiving week :tears: I don't know what the problem was, as my parameters were all good. I'm finally ready to grab a couple more fish, not sure what I'm going to go with this time.

I love those cute little gobies! One of the shots makes the goby look like he's puffing his cheeks out, like a chipmunk, too cute!

Did you have overnight shipping for the RC order?

That's the male. He has pudgy cheeks...just like a chipmunk. He's almost twice her size....or at least his head is :)

I did have overnight shipping. Everything in the box was still nice and toasty. Not sure why some things didn't make it. The hermits and crabs and shrimp are going to town on the one nass. The other nass is looking bad again too, but nothing is bothering it yet.

My Nass were bleh too, and I got them local. IDK I think they are a bit more sensitive.

The second group didn't think twice they just went to town.

He looks like Alvin, cute pudgy cheeks!

Looking great Gena! Sadly my NC12 hasn't fared so well. The Zoas have spread a little bit, and the Yellow Watchman is great, but my Clown pair didn't survive me being out of town for Thanksgiving week :tears: I don't know what the problem was, as my parameters were all good. I'm finally ready to grab a couple more fish, not sure what I'm going to go with this time.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your tank woes. Sometimes things just happen. It's sad and frustrating, to say the least. I'll look forward to seeing what you get as a replacement :)

My Nass were bleh too, and I got them local. IDK I think they are a bit more sensitive.

The second group didn't think twice they just went to town.

He looks like Alvin, cute pudgy cheeks!

I wonder what it is about them? The originals I got (smaller ones) did just fine. They are still cruising around the tank after all these months. They are very healthy.

He is pretty cute. If I was a GBG, I'd be in love :lol:

Im pissed, I just checked your tracking number and saw its in florida?!?! did you get the package? otherwise im going to the post office tomorrow and raising hell

Im pissed, I just checked your tracking number and saw its in florida?!?! did you get the package? otherwise im going to the post office tomorrow and raising hell

No...I was going to tell you, it didn't arrive yet :(

I didn't check the tracking number until today cause I figured you were on top of it. I just checked it - Now its to late to call them and ##### somebody out. Im so mad right now.

I didn't check the tracking number until today cause I figured you were on top of it. I just checked it - Now its to late to call them and ##### somebody out. Im so mad right now.

Damn I would be spitting fire balls. :rant:

USPS tracking system seems as if it was designed in the revolution days.. because it certainly is not 'good' its just 'available' to check once in a while to see if your package moved. I ordered something, was stuck in a warehouse for 3 months - then it came after the company had shipped a second package at no charge.. /facepalm I wish you luck w/ USPS

I was going to check the tracking today but was so busy with other stuff that I forgot. I'm surprised it's even updated. Usually it doesn't show anything until it's actually delivered. Gonna go check it out now.

Your item was processed through our OPA LOCKA, FL 33054 facility on January 09, 2012 at 1:44 pm.

Ridiculous :rolleyes:

Actually, this reminds me of the time I shipped an item to Denver. I checked the tracking and it was in Puerto Rico :lol:. It did end up at it's proper destination within a reasonable amount of time....but it wasn't a living item.

Sorry about this :(

Whats it say for you? Either way I'm furious lol, I already hate using fedex, now I'm not gonna use usps either...ups ftw....man someones gonna get an ear full tomorrow.

And not your fault at all gena - once I talk to them tomorrow and find out what's going on ill have a replacement sent to you via ups

Whats it say for you? Either way I'm furious lol, I already hate using fedex, now I'm not gonna use usps either...ups ftw....man someones gonna get an ear full tomorrow.

And not your fault at all gena - once I talk to them tomorrow and find out what's going on ill have a replacement sent to you via ups

You don't have to do that at all. It's really ok if you just want to forget the whole thing. I hate for you to spend even more to ship again. Really, it's ok to just forget it :)

I clicked on more details and the expected delivery date was 1-9-12 :rolleyes:

Your item was processed through our OPA LOCKA, FL 33054 facility on January 09, 2012 at 1:44 pm.

WTF! That's 4 hours north of me! Why is it even in FL? :huh:

Archived