SaltCritters.com

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

I was looking at his macros too. Deckoz is sending me some dragon's tongue so I really only have room for that one macro (which I'll be squeezing in as it is :lol:).

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
I forgot to answer this!

How about next weekend?

Perfect, next weekend. I will keep you posted on which day though. Paige wants to have a friend over for her bday. So I will have to host the bday play date.

I really wanted some green macro algae, but I did not see any that I really liked :huh:

Perfect, next weekend. I will keep you posted on which day though. Paige wants to have a friend over for her bday. So I will have to host the bday play date.

Sounds good :)

That is so funny! What a character. Hopefully he doesn't ever change his shell.

Oh he changes his shell all the time. I think right now he's back in the one with the eye hole though :)

I got a little blue electric hermit today from Vivid today, thanks to you!, he's changed shells three time so far. He's 1/4 the size of my electric orange hermit. Get one already.

I got a little blue electric hermit today from Vivid today, thanks to you!, he's changed shells three time so far. He's 1/4 the size of my electric orange hermit. Get one already.

All right already :lol: Next weekend, I will pick one up. Remind me, Danielle!!!!

Maybe I'll even name him Mark :happy:

It's a great name!

While I think I have you here....question on my FW planted tank.

Do I need a bubbler in it? Besides the fact that I want one for the aesthetics...is it necessary too?

Wow, someone asking my advice here?

Ok its a FW question. Bubbles in any tank aren't "natural" or so the purist says. Personally I like the bubbly. It causes upward flow to the surface which helps with C02 exit and causes rippling on the surface for O2 absorbption and I think looks cool.

But in a planted tank, some would say that retaining some C02 is good for the plants.

So how's that for a straight answer?

surgicalsense
All right already :lol: Next weekend, I will pick one up. Remind me, Danielle!!!!

Maybe I'll even name him Mark :happy:

:lol: Mark the hermit crab

Will do ;)

It's a great name!

While I think I have you here....question on my FW planted tank.

Do I need a bubbler in it? Besides the fact that I want one for the aesthetics...is it necessary too?

I have always had one on any of my FW tanks. When I am doing maintenance on the filter the bubbles help to keep some circulation and lessen the stress to the fish. I had a wall of bubbles on the back it helped to hide the wires too.

Thanks, guys. I'm kind of torn now. I do like the stagnant look of the tank too. You really have to see it in person to really understand what I mean. The water looks so clear. The surface has some buildup though, I noticed. Maybe I'll research some more about the C02. Next week....new plants and hopefully guppies :happydance:

Either way it works. I noticed that it did help with my surface skum, but if you have the filter just right that should help too.

I want to see pics of this little tank!

Either way it works. I noticed that it did help with my surface skum, but if you have the filter just right that should help too.

I want to see pics of this little tank!

It pretty much hasn't changed at all but I'll possibly get a pic up later today. Next week it should look a lot different :)

I KNEW it!!!!!!! My nano stars ARE breeding in my tank. The other day I saw what looked like mating behavior between them. Look what I saw today on the back wall (yes...poor picture, but you get the idea). It's a baby!!!!!!!! I'm such a proud Grandma. This one looks like it's been growing for a while now. It's pretty big! So cool!

brittlestar-1.jpg

Archived