Top Shelf Aquatics

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

This is cool. I stumbled upon this photo on the internet. Talk about an office tank!!!!!!

tank.jpg

I want to work there.......

Sorry about the Nass snails, IDK why but they seem more sensitive then other snails.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your nassarius died? Damn mine have been through hell and back, when I did my tank transfer they sat in the sump for 3 days without food or flow, they're like zombies lol

Looks a little on the pale side - it was blood red when it left. When you pull it out prune any dead ends off.

I'm happy it made it there today phew what a releif lol.

Its a very flowy macro stick it up top of the tank for a couple days if its slimey - rinse it off in ro to get some of the slime off

Main thing is its still redish so its got some life in it

Lol thanks.... you like my double bag crimped style haha...if it were corals I would heatpacked in a styro pack. Hope you liiiiiike it!

That's a slippery algae!!!!

It's in. I had to put it in a different spot than I had planned. I was going to tie it down to a piece of rock but I need some fishing line for that. The rubber band I have is too bulky. I just pushed it down into a crevice. Some parts won't have full "sun" is that ok? Did you say it will start attaching to the rock?

It actually looks better in the tank. There was some brown, but it was at the base and I couldn't remove it without tearing up the whole thing.

It may be my eyes, but it's appears to be getting a deeper red by the minute :) No...it's not my eyes, it really is. As long as I don't kill it with my placement, it appears it will live...yay :happydance:

It's already in a spot that is shading out HA :)

Sorry was finishing up work. Yep its a display algae and its sexy. It will be fine if parts are shaded - its nutrient transport system will keep it all alive. And yea it will color up fast - the brown at the base wil be ok and it will start attaching on its own as long as its held up against a rock tight. If you ever need to remove it it comes of easy just stick a razor under it and it'll pop off the rock just like poppin a frag off a plug. And yea the slime on it is kinda like what a mandarin does to protect itself, keeps it from dying quickly in bad weather or a cold spell

I feel so behind! So many exciting things going on in your tank right now!

Do you know how to keep the baby pom pom crabs alive when she had them? Or are you just going to see what happens? Very cool! You should rename your thread The Love Shack :lol:

Well, darn it! My day is shot to h*ll :lol: I have to pick my son up in less than an hour and I got absolutely NO work done (gotta work to fund my addiction :)). I may get to stuff after he's home. I have to do my water change today too!

Just got back from the LFS looking for FW plants. They didn't get their shipment in so I picked and choosed from what they already had. Got some pennywort (looks like cilantro) and crypt parva. I'll try again next week for something to fill in the side by the filter intake. It can't be delicate because it immediately wants to be sucked in.

Here's a FTS of my FW with new plants :)

FWFTS1-11-12.jpg

Here's a new FTS of the SW with dragon's tongue macro now. I don't know if it's pushed up against the rocks tight enough. I may have to play with it some more. It's so pretty! I love it! I hope it does it's job :)

fts1-11-12.jpg

And finally, she was the only one I didn't get a photo of yesterday. She was feeling shy all day yesterday. My beloved firefishy :)

purplefirefish1-11-12.jpg

No secks? :(

Just wait until tonight...I may catch someone in the act ;)

If any of the baby nano stars make it to semi maturity, I would like to purchase one/two off of you :)

I hope fingerscrossed

That would be so awesome if I could raise them :)

Sorry was finishing up work. Yep its a display algae and its sexy. It will be fine if parts are shaded - its nutrient transport system will keep it all alive. And yea it will color up fast - the brown at the base wil be ok and it will start attaching on its own as long as its held up against a rock tight. If you ever need to remove it it comes of easy just stick a razor under it and it'll pop off the rock just like poppin a frag off a plug. And yea the slime on it is kinda like what a mandarin does to protect itself, keeps it from dying quickly in bad weather or a cold spell

Good info! It sounds like a perfect plant!

I feel so behind! So many exciting things going on in your tank right now!

Do you know how to keep the baby pom pom crabs alive when she had them? :

I don't think it's very easy to raise the pom pom crabs. I don't remember reading about anyone having success. That would be so cool though. Right now she's just walking around with the egg sack on her belly.

Firefish looks mad.

She's a perpetual pouter :lol:

Love the Macro! Guess the location was wrong on the tracking #......

Decko when I get this SUMP done I may want to buy some of dat from you! Very pretty Macro!

nevermore1701
Well, darn it! My day is shot to h*ll :lol: I have to pick my son up in less than an hour and I got absolutely NO work done (gotta work to fund my addiction :)). I may get to stuff after he's home. I have to do my water change today too!

Just got back from the LFS looking for FW plants. They didn't get their shipment in so I picked and choosed from what they already had. Got some pennywort (looks like cilantro) and crypt parva. I'll try again next week for something to fill in the side by the filter intake. It can't be delicate because it immediately wants to be sucked in.

Here's a FTS of my FW with new plants :)

FWFTS1-11-12.jpg

Here's a new FTS of the SW with dragon's tongue macro now. I don't know if it's pushed up against the rocks tight enough. I may have to play with it some more. It's so pretty! I love it! I hope it does it's job :)

fts1-11-12.jpg

And finally, she was the only one I didn't get a photo of yesterday. She was feeling shy all day yesterday. My beloved firefishy :)

purplefirefish1-11-12.jpg

Just wait until tonight...I may catch someone in the act ;)

I hope fingerscrossed

That would be so awesome if I could raise them :)

Good info! It sounds like a perfect plant!

That Firefish is gorgeous! They had a couple of the purple ones and a bunch of regular red ones at the LFS today, I went with a regular one because not only were they half the price, but they seemed a little hardier.

Where did you get the little stars again? They look like something I'd like to try.

I have some and it's growing like crazy - especially since I upgraded my lights... mine is really tall though. The bit I bought came to me about 6-8" long and is now probably 12-14" tall. Did it grow that tall because of the lighting? - it was under standard BC29 lights until recently.

Archived