Cultivated Reef

HecticDialectic's ADA 10G

HecticDialectics

I have a pair of 150K Radiums, nearly brand-new, that I'm fixin' to put up for sale for only $45 each. Interested?

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HecticDialectics
I have a pair of 150K Radiums, nearly brand-new, that I'm fixin' to put up for sale for only $45 each. Interested?

Nah if you don't like em why you think I want the lil bastards? :P

Apparently the 150W radiums arent like their big brethren. I may go pheonix.

Other inputs??

Hey HD I had the radiuns and now I have the Phoenix. If you prefer more of a white look go with the radiums but if you prefer more blue go with Phoenix. I know it sounds backwards but the radiums burn much white.

HecticDialectics
Hey HD I had the radiuns and now I have the Phoenix. If you prefer more of a white look go with the radiums but if you prefer more blue go with Phoenix. I know it sounds backwards but the radiums burn much white.

Thanks for the input! I think I'm gonna go with the Phoenix in a reefoptix 3 ...

Anyone got ballast advice?

i'm leaning towards getting a galaxy and calling it good to go

I think I'm gonna go with the Phoenix in a reefoptix 3 ...

Consider the Reeflux 12k with t5 actinics before you pull the trigger.

HecticDialectics
Consider the Reeflux 12k with t5 before you pull the trigger.

too cumbersome to add t5, I still want my tank to be nice, open, and sexy :P

too cumbersome to add t5, I still want my tank to be nice, open, and sexy :P

LED actinics would work too.

HecticDialectics
LED actinics would work too.

there are no led actinics :P royal blues are blue.

unless there's a 420nm cree i dont know about that for some reason no led manufacturers are putting into their fixtures

HecticDialectics
I dunno if Lumatek makes 150w ballasts, but they are the best ballasts I have ever used. They run cool to the touch and will fire any bulb on the planet.

Edit: They do make them in a multi wattage now.

Linky: http://www.marinedepot.com/Lumatek_250W_12...CBAMHTF-vi.html

Are they pretty reliable? I haven't found many posts on them breaking, but when I do it appears their customer service is incredibly slow, whereas Galaxy is just sunlight supply here in 'murica.

:thumbsup: readin' now

nano-paul
Are they pretty reliable? I haven't found many posts on them breaking, but when I do it appears their customer service is incredibly slow, whereas Galaxy is just sunlight supply here in 'murica.

:thumbsup: readin' now

Been running solid for almost 3 years without fail. I can't really comment on Galaxies because I have never used them. Never had any need for customer service either so I can't help you there.

HecticDialectics

Breaking in my SWC 120. It's definitely the loudest damn pump on my tank. :angry: It better quiet down or I'mma be callin up some Canadians PO'd. Other pumps are an eheim and a vortech.

HecticDialectics
You're doing it wrong.

yeah its still loud, I'm taking it apart right now to see if something's just not put together right

HecticDialectics
Sweet. That right there makes my final decision on what lights I want for the 180. 3x250 MH it is.

Good luck on that pump HD. I'm playing with DIY mounts to quiet down my new maxi-mods.

I got it to where it's not as loud any more... but there's still a scratchy noise that I'm not fond off if I'm standing next to the tank.

phi delt reefer
I got it to where it's not as loud any more... but there's still a scratchy noise that I'm not fond off if I'm standing next to the tank.

175w vertex ballast running a 175iwasaki 14k - just as much par as a 250w. Its the most effecient halide setup currently on teh market.

on another note - dude on r2r is selling a 250 watt lumenmax elite reflector and icecap ballast for $140 shipped. it was still available as of last week. Hes been lowering the price weekly - may wanna offer him $120 if you feeling frugal. - http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/selling-fo...r-icecap-2.html

but like most texans it looks like you have coin to spend. Might be able to score you a 24K gold reflector that was hung over Saddams tank if you are interested.

HecticDialectics
175w vertex ballast running a 175iwasaki 14k - just as much par as a 250w. Its the most effecient halide setup currently on teh market.

on another note - dude on r2r is selling a 250 watt lumenmax elite reflector and icecap ballast for $140 shipped. it was still available as of last week. Hes been lowering the price weekly - may wanna offer him $120 if you feeling frugal. - http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/selling-fo...r-icecap-2.html

but like most texans it looks like you have coin to spend. Might be able to score you a 24K gold reflector that was hung over Saddams tank if you are interested.

I'd totally take a 24k gold fixture :lol:

The lumen___'s are all too big for my weee tank. I'm more concerned with appearance than sheer light output.

Archived