Pod Your Reef

HecticDialectic's ADA 10G

HecticDialectics

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HecticDialectics
You have a hole in the sand

mp10 on 3/4 power in a 10 gallon will do that :lol: I turned it down, I think I'm going to do reef crest between 1/4 and 1/2 power. That'll give me 30-60x or so.

mp10 on 3/4 power in a 10 gallon will do that :lol: I turned it down, I think I'm going to do reef crest between 1/4 and 1/2 power. That'll give me 30-60x or so.

If you have any more problems, just send the pump to me. ;)

Room temp 78, tank temp before MH: 80. Tank temp 2 hours after MH: 82. Chiller from BRS I ordered a day or two ago is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. :lol:

Nice. Which chiller did you go with? Is your room's a/c set on 78 or just the avg temp? For the first time ever I might have to get a chiller for my next tank. This one is one of the tank's I'm considering (just about all the hardware except lights). I can't decide on which lights yet, but MHs are one of my options. Great start. Get some fish in there though!

HecticDialectics

Thanks lala and weetie!

Nice. Which chiller did you go with? Is your room's a/c set on 78 or just the avg temp? For the first time ever I might have to get a chiller for my next tank. This one is one of the tank's I'm considering (just about all the hardware except lights). I can't decide on which lights yet, but MHs are one of my options. Great start. Get some fish in there though!

The JBJ Artica 1/15 from BRS. They have hands-down the best chiller prices. I set my apartment AC to 77-78 when I'm home, 76 before I go to bed, and 82-3 when I leave. I'm going fish shopping today. I haven't really decided what I want. I'm going to play it by ear.

Lee Van Reef

Nice looking Duncan.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you fork over for it? My lfs charges around 15 a head for the nice bright green ones and I have no idea if its a rip or not.

HecticDialectics

I got it from liveaquaria for $69.99... it's technically got 6 heads. You can only see three in the picture, the other three are smaller and on the back/side. $15 a head is pretty fair.

Lee Van Reef

Oh thats cool, I never really look at live aquaria when looking for coral online. Good to know the lfs isn't stealing all my money.

Are you just going to stick with the clowns or add something else?

HecticDialectics

Yeah I only ordered it cause I was also getting some trochus snails/scarlet hermits/sexy shrimp. None of the LFS around here have decent livestock selections. The two better stores are both undergoing recent moves so their stock is non-existent.

The sexy shrimp got attacked by my clowns :angry: so much for those... I have a slot open for a third fish, but I'm going to reserve it for something cool, known it when I see it kinda thing.

HecticDialectics

Thanks y'all!

I'm loving the MH. I just installed my chiller today. Tank is now rock solid at 78 degrees.

016.jpg

New coral :P

I'm pretty sure I'm going to swap the candy cane and the duncan's position. The duncan will go well on the flat surface and add some movement, which will also get it out of the flow more. And the spread of the candy cane will go a lot better on the left rock.

HecticDialectics

I also found a surviving sexy shrimp! He's hiding in a crevice under the duncan lol. ####ing clowns

HecticDialectics

Started off with 3. I only saw them chase one of them and rip him apart as he tried to flee. It's possible there's a second survivor that's equally as traumatized as the one hiding under the duncan.

el fabuloso

Even then that means they won't survive for long. My tomato clown tried to eat my harlies when she first saw them. Damn thing cut her lip open. It was funny.

Looks good man. My experience with duncans is that they grow and fill in fast. Hopefully yours will be the same.

Also, next addition should be a harley, since someone brought it up :D.

Archived