inTank Media Baskets

HecticDialectic's ADA 10G

HecticDialectics

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HecticDialectics
It's your job to keep your thread lively...ima invite the tweens...brb.

This thread's not meant to be a lounge. We have a whole lounge with individual threads and stuff over on Block 28 to keep folks entertained.

Pods are good

Pods are great

Especially when they proliferate

Thankfully all my rock's in a solid white bucket right now. I'd feel really uneasy being able to watch the pods having sex and stuff.

HecticDialectics

Glass should be ready tomorrow. :X Trying to decide if I should use the "clear" silicone I already bought or order black. It's basically for the overflow and the sump. The overflow I'm painting the inside with black krylon fusion.

Of course, either way, I'm going to tape everything off so there's no mess everywhere...

For the silicone, Black looks nice, but I'd probably just try to match the color that is used elsewhere (if it's clear/white, I'd use clear/white).

reeftankguy
I would just use what you've got.

There you have it!

Now get started when the glass arrives and use your camera through out the build process. n00bs need the information and your the teacher ;)

HecticDialectics

There will be pics aplenty. I'm also contemplating cheap ways to make decent looking nano-reactors for carbon and GFO.

I only need a few tablespoons of each max, so the full size reactors are just silly.

HecticDialectics
Are you doing a corner overflow?

Yup

I wanted plenty of space in the middle of the tank for monti caps off my right rock structure

I'm also contemplating cheap ways to make decent looking nano-reactors for carbon and GFO. I only need a few tablespoons of each max, so the full size reactors are just silly.
How 'bout using PVC pipe and use a threaded reducer to create a compartment for a media bag. Hook it up to a MJ400 and call it good. :unsure:
HecticDialectics
Jis chill brah. Also, can't wait to see what you come up with in the way of nano-reactors.

I spec'd out some materials and I can make 12 of them for something like $80-90, but I don't really have a few of the cutting tools I need. Gonna have to get creative.

How 'bout using PVC pipe and use a threaded reducer to create a compartment for a media bag. Hook it up to a MJ400 and call it good. :unsure:

I want something worthy of being an iReactor... the ADA of reactors... but I can't say exactly what my idea was or stevieT is going to poach it.

clifford513
I wanted plenty of space in the middle of the tank for monti caps off my right rock structure

I have one cap, but even after forming a nice column I cannot figure out where to place it. I want to put a chili upside down and under it on the next lower obtrusion. fab's cap got huge so I don't know.

9 pages

no water

people are starting to talk

Yeah, this is starting to remind a little of another thread on here, can't think of who it is though....

It's right on the edge of my brain, hmmm....

HecticDialectics

Ya srsly there's water on page 7

Cap spacing can be tricky. You basically gotta put it at the bottom somewhere and just let it grow up around everything else. Either gotta have room out in front or off to the side

Archived