inTank Media Baskets

HecticDialectic's ADA 10G

HecticDialectics

HecticDialectics

I'm about to go to Home Depot. I'm gonna buy some plumbing stuff for my Herbie drain and some paint for the back of the tank. I'm thinking steam-punk style with some burnished brass coloring all over the back wall and leaving off the overflow to show the pipes (also brass colored).

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank looks like ####.

Sike, we have the same equipment. Good job so far

I'm about to go to Home Depot. I'm gonna buy some plumbing stuff for my Herbie drain and some paint for the back of the tank. I'm thinking steam-punk style with some burnished brass coloring all over the back wall and leaving off the overflow to show the pipes (also brass colored).

Serious...because I can't tell.

HecticDialectics
Serious...because I can't tell.

Neither can I :ninja:

No, probably not :P But I just had that idea as I was typing my post, and I think it's kinda awesome. In reality I'm either going to buy the blackest black I can find or some very dark and very very dark blue and make it splotchy and actually look like THE DEEP BLUE (sea).

Maybe I'll steam-punk out my 3G after I get this one set up. Cause it'd be fun... brass/copper background, maybe a big sprocket against the tank's back wall, wrap the fixture in some cheap copper sheeting. I need to stop writing this down before someone steals my awesomeness.

HecticDialectics

Scrapped off the ugly dark blue and just spray painted the back black. I've been testing my rockwork recently and it's :thumbsup:

I just need to go buy a masonry bit and some cheapie acrylic rods (a 5 pack of bic pens?)

HecticDialectics

Plumbing sneak preview:

Return line (white portions will be painted with good ol' Krylon Fusion matte black)

Plumb1.jpg

Herbie Drain-- Main Drain Section

Plumb2.jpg

HecticDialectics
What's with the petsmart box?

It's really old. I keep it around in case I have to move Marvin. It just happened to be the closest box available to prop up the rock while the waterweld cured :lol:

HecticDialectics

Waterweld cured, I'm satisfied with the bonds. I can pick up the whole piece by lifting the outermost, smallest addition. :thumbsup:

Time to get a new desk to put this sucker on and order some glass for my overflow and sump. :ninja:

Archived