Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My ADA30c+RKL+LEDs+MP10wES = Pure Sexyness!

d'Espresso

can you get better pics of your seeder rock? Those look like hydroids!

Are those reef safe or should I get rid of it fast?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt worry about it too much as you sometimes get them during the beginning stages of a tank they have a population bloom and then usually die off on their own.

CUC is in to take out the trash! Right now i have about 25 snails in the tank and no crabs, this should be fun watching them taking out the algae and diatoms in couple days. Then i will return the snails back to my Solana tank.

It sure is getting close to start adding new corals in the tank soon! What should i add in the tank? any suggestion of colorful corals? What should i focus on? Mixed reef, LPS reef, Soft reef, SPS reef? any ideas to help me started?

fishez4alivin

Don't get SPS for a few more months, ease into it. Start off with florida ricordea, some palys, maybe a nice morph of torch coral, favia, etc....Especially with your LED's you may as well get stuff that really pops from them. Maybe a small scolymia, most that are imported are way smaller than just a few years ago.

25 snails, damn that's more than what I have, they must be lil guys huh? FWIW Trochus snails are the best, they mow down the algae, and the best part is when they fall and are upside down, they can flip themselves back over. They also spawn and you can raise them and sell them off.

All the CUC has done a very nice job of cleaning up diatom and algae. I am pretty impressed by 2 days of work on them little guys.

It looks like I can do some stock up soon now. Planning to add a few of everything from my old tank, which will no longer be in my hands anymore. I found a good home for my old tank to let go to. So I will need to frag out what I need and want before everything is gone.

How long do I need to keep fighting with diatom on sand bed?

bump, no love :(

But the good news is i just added tons of my corals from my other tanks and some new ones! Everything is doing fine except for my nuclear zoas, they seem to be very pissed from the move.

After reading this whole thread the set up and everything nice except one thing,That dude name SUPERNIP is terrible ,his sig has that dude/chic is nasty and DISTURBING as hell .It drive me nuts after seeing him post after post,or is that him.

Nice, DA, very nice....I have to ask...where is your chi now and can you give deets on how you did the light? Thanks...I have a chi right now but its FW and has a HM betta in it...pudry tank BTW ;)

Really a piece of art. I think you got some talent. I have a Fluval Chi in my kitchen and I aways thought about using those lights some how on a reef. Great idea! Keep up the chillness dude

DRUM ROLL....

present to you by:

david (d'Espresso)

My first corals to get dip into the sexiness cube of terror. MUahahhah!

IMG_8922-1.jpg

i believe this is called Neon Candy Cane and GSP (Green Star Polyps) along with my 2 snails (unknown)

IMG_8960.jpg

i think this is a Purple Sea fan (Gorgonians) not quite sure but can someone help me ID what it is really and what does it eat?

Feel free to comment away! :P

Night bump..

No thanks nip! I am still trying to figure out how I am gonna attach an ato and other plans in the near future.

Night bump..

No thanks nip! I am still trying to figure out how I am gonna attach an ato and other plans in the near future.

gorgeous brother...absolutly gorgeous.....when you buy things online will you please tell us what you bought and where you bought it from.....please...cause i want to shop where you shop.....especially for frags..

G-Daddy, No Problem.. i usually just shop around florida at a place called: Water World and Louisana in New Orleans a place called: Corals Connections and Aquatic Specialties. They have pretty good selections of nano frags.. Sometime i even shop with Mr.Corals online. The rest i just make special request from my LFS near my town.

Thanks for checking out my tank! :) More pictures tomorrow!

great pics d… but they're a tease. can we get an FTS already!?

:P Tomorrow my friend i will post some new pictures of what it actually look like!

Let's play the waiting game?

We hate waiting. Especially when it's your tank! We just want to see the sexiness NOW! I have been following silently but I just had to say this tank is awesome!

Nice, DA, very nice....I have to ask...where is your chi now and can you give deets on how you did the light? Thanks...I have a chi right now but its FW and has a HM betta in it...pudry tank BTW ;)

I have the chi tank running as a reservior for my ato under inside the stand. :) if I can ever get my ato working! :P

Archived