ReefCleaners.org

My ADA30c+RKL+LEDs+MP10wES = Pure Sexyness!

d'Espresso

amazing! I love the floating look!

Haha.. Do you ever feel like it is a hassle to lift up the tank to clean the water spill so that it couldn't mess up your wood stand?

You just don't know how easy it is to be able to clean water spill underneath the glass. This is a must have for everyone and anyone that is a clean freak like me. :lol:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scape is perfect, and I like how you placed the Supernip thingie/Vortech box (what does he call it?) in the corner. Love the floating look, too!

Were you able to install an ATO sensor inside the Votech box/Supernip thingie?

The scape is perfect, and I like how you placed the Supernip thingie/Vortech box (what does he call it?) in the corner. Love the floating look, too!

The scape is perfect. Literally.

fishez4alivin

Wow, your scape came out great...can't wait for the next step...stocking corals don't load that tank up with fish, just get a little nano goby and fill it with corals, then you won't have all the hideous algae most have to deal with for the first year.

well I gave it the descriptive name of mp10 box but supernip thingie sounds nice too.

are you having problem with the sand at higher flowrates?

Plan A: ATO inside the MP10 Box, FAILED!!!

Plan B: Maybe try the airpump lift on wall timer.

Plan C: Any suggestion on how to make it clean and easy for the eye peeling of an ATO?

The scape is perfect. Literally.

thanks you for the judgment of rock scaping. thanks to the help from many reefer on here. i just need to remind myself that simple and clean is the KEY along with w/c for success!

Wow, your scape came out great...can't wait for the next step...stocking corals don't load that tank up with fish, just get a little nano goby and fill it with corals, then you won't have all the hideous algae most have to deal with for the first year.

i haven't move my residents yet but is 6 nano gobies about the size of 1/2" - 1" be ok? because i have someone trying to buy my old solana tank and i need to transfer all the fellow resident over before i could sell it off.

well I gave it the descriptive name of mp10 box but supernip thingie sounds nice too.

are you having problem with the sand at higher flowrates?

Only problem is i just can't keep water in the tank at a higher flowrates. When turning up to the max, the water causes to have small bubbles. so i probably just gonna keep LPS corals and 3 easy SPS

How do you like that mp10box? Are you running anything in there? Disrupt flow at all? Your scape looks sick man this tank IS sexy lol

Yeah! Almost done with cycling the water. it is almost been 3 weeks, starting to see brown sand and algae on the glass. it's time for some clean up crew! pew pew pew!

fishez4alivin

Did you figure out a way to work an ATO into your box? Have you looked into a Tunze Osmolator at all? It uses an optic sensor that is reliable. I have used them for years without problems. It would not take much space at all with the magnet mounts they use in the new model.

As for your vortech sucking air, you can do one of two things. Decrease the speed of the pump, or increase the amount of water going into the box. This can be done by routing out more slots, or making the existing slots larger.

Well, This have been a slow progress since i been waiting for a while to get the cycle going but great news.. Diatoms are starting to show up on sandbed and rocks. Everything in the tank is dusted with light brown. Is it time yet to add in the CUC? I have been cycling the water for almost a month now. What do i need to do next? How many CUC do i need for a tank this size and what type is best?

Date: 3.23.11

IMG_8903.jpg

IMG_8904.jpg

IMG_8908.jpg

IMG_8909.jpg

Tester and seeder rock with unknown coral

IMG_8910.jpg

IMG_8914.jpg

How do you like that mp10box? Are you running anything in there? Disrupt flow at all? Your scape looks sick man this tank IS sexy lol

So far so good but since Stevie T is coming out with the Media Basket for AC70 i might change some route a little bit and test it out. But either then that i love the box. I have a little bag of carbon inside the box. :happy:

I'm curious what are your plans for corals? The sides of that scape and the open sand bed on both sides are giving me ideas :P

Did you figure out a way to work an ATO into your box? Have you looked into a Tunze Osmolator at all? It uses an optic sensor that is reliable. I have used them for years without problems. It would not take much space at all with the magnet mounts they use in the new model.

As for your vortech sucking air, you can do one of two things. Decrease the speed of the pump, or increase the amount of water going into the box. This can be done by routing out more slots, or making the existing slots larger.

I couldn't figure how to get the ATO to work which i found out later that the chicago ato sensor was a bad unit. But for now i have to go with plan B and just use a timer and set it up for 30sec. twice a day and night and just let it fill it up to the line from the pump i have it hooked up to the timer unit.

If i can find a use Tunze Osmolator somewhere i might consider to give it a try but the price is too high for my taste but then again.. you get what you paid for. that's all it matter right?

I'm curious what are your plans for corals? The sides of that scape and the open sand bed on both sides are giving me ideas :P

:ninja: plans for corals will be here maybe April or May.

I plan to fill some nice corals on each side of the sand bed. That's why i planned to scape the rock like that! Glad i help giving you some ideas! lol :lol:

Glad i help giving you some ideas! lol :lol:

I don't need any ideas :P. I'm just finishing up the scape on my pico (I want to move 1 rock) and then I need to do a rescape of my 20L. After that I can't have any ideas until one of these tanks crashes horribly. This is for the sake of my girlfriend and my wallet :P

If the water's in good enough condition for the fish and that coral on the small rock with coralline, I'd say it's definitely time to add your CUC. Cerith snails are great for cleaning algae in general--on the rocks, the sand and the glass. They tend to remain small, too. If you had started out with bigger live rock pieces you could have gotten many hitchhikers to complement your CUC, like starfish, pods, stomatella snails, bristle worms, etc. You may need to seed those manually. Avoid nerites--they'll climb out of your tank since they can live outside of water. Also avoid turbos--they get pretty big and tend to knock things over. Hermit crabs often prey on snails so watch out for those too.

Looking forward to seeing this filled with frags! Good luck!

Archived