SaltCritters.com

My ADA30c+RKL+LEDs+MP10wES = Pure Sexyness!

d'Espresso

That media basket looks pretty impressive. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't that.

Oh btw did you go to Chucky Cheese to celebrate?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That media basket looks pretty impressive. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't that.

Oh btw did you go to Chucky Cheese to celebrate?

Ahahaha.. Yep, i go there everyday during work period to get me some pizza and icecream with Chucky! :P

I must say this is a fine piece to add to the AC70 with the Nano Glo leds. I am very pleased with the outcome. Just got done hooking everything up and let it get wet!

-Heater and Filter floss on the 2nd chamber

-Chemipure Elite is on the 3rd bottom chamber

-Chaeto is in the top 3rd Chamber and Nano Glo Led is hooked up outside and magnet inside bottom chamber.

The Nano Glo Led is control by my RKL on the 3rd slot, and that is how i have mine setup

did you buy the red maculatus (thats prolly a pictus) from bluezooaquatics?

No not yet, unfortunately i will wait a little longer until i put a fish in the tank. Just trying to focus growing out the corals and get the tank to mature more. Don't wanna risk anything since i don't have my other tank for backup any longer. So in this little tank i have to be careful of what i do or put in.

Is this normal to see dryrocks starting to cover with green spots everywhere on the rock. The rocks have been cycling for about a month more and covered with diatom and detritus. So I added the CUC in and clean up the mess then finally I transfer most of my good corals over to the tank.

I thought it suppose to be cover with Purple coraline algae instead of green? Do I need to do something about it? I water change 2 gallon each week and clean my glass everyday.

Guess what came in the mail today?

i am very please with Intank new Media basket for AC70. Can't to test it out with my new JBJ Nano Glo too!

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

I also got my ATO to work FINALLY!!!

Dave you would you recommend i get a media basket for my Solana 34g ???

Dave you would you recommend i get a media basket for my Solana 34g ???

sorry Dave a few more questions, What is an AC70? and can you please tell me what you put in your media basket from the top chamber to the bottom? please!

sorry Dave a few more questions, What is an AC70? and can you please tell me what you put in your media basket from the top chamber to the bottom? please!

Yes! i would recommend you getting a Solana 34 Media basket IF you plan to have a refugium in the back 2nd chamber like most people that own the solana usually do.

Also AC70 is stand for AquaClear 70. It is an HOB (hang on back filter) I have the filter to keep my water clean and stable condition. It works like a champ!

You can find more info about from others through these:

DIY AC70

or here:

Solana 34 Media Basket

or here:

AquaClear 70 Media Basket

ok..i just ordered the media basken from www. mediabaskets.com I'm might sound like an idiot or piss you off right now....but i dont get it Dave? should i order the AC70 too.......i'm sooo confused...i just want to mirror you every step of the way cause i believe in your work...i've seen it and havent seen anyone even come near you ...so yeah ...thanks for replying to all of my questions...you have saved me alot of money and stress....thank you ...

Yes! i would recommend you getting a Solana 34 Media basket IF you plan to have a refugium in the back 2nd chamber like most people that own the solana usually do.

Also AC70 is stand for AquaClear 70. It is an HOB (hang on back filter) I have the filter to keep my water clean and stable condition. It works like a champ!

You can find more info about from others through these:

DIY AC70

or here:

Solana 34 Media Basket

or here:

AquaClear 70 Media Basket

Drift Monkey
ok..i just ordered the media basken from www. mediabaskets.com I'm might sound like an idiot or piss you off right now....but i dont get it Dave? should i order the AC70 too.......i'm sooo confused...i just want to mirror you every step of the way cause i believe in your work...i've seen it and havent seen anyone even come near you ...so yeah ...thanks for replying to all of my questions...you have saved me alot of money and stress....thank you ...

Um...the media basket ain't gonna do a whole lot without a AC70...:P

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't the 160W a bit of an overkill? The 60W is already quite bright for a 1.5ft cube. The only downside is there is no separate control for the blues and the whites.

Isn't the 160W a bit of an overkill? The 60W is already quite bright for a 1.5ft cube. The only downside is there is no separate control for the blues and the whites.

I think it could possible be overkill but if you actually look at one of the photos above, you see I have it hanging really high about 15 inch up from the water and it is actually over coverage which I don't really have to worry much about not coverage.

To correct if I am wrong, there is actually 3 separate buttons from the power control box. Each button is to control each leds channel (Actinics 3w Blues, 3w Whites, and 30w Whites LEDs) I have them all on at different times.

IMG_8988.jpg

Photoperiod

My Maxspect G2-400-160w is on for 12 hours total. Here is how i have my Channel setting for each unit.

Channels

(A) Actinics: 3w Blue/Violet LEDs - ON for 12 hours

(M) Mixed: 3w White/Blue/Violet LEDs - ON for 8 hours

(W) Whites: 30w Whites LEDs - ON for 1 hours

TURN ON:

(A) On at 10AM, (M) On at 2PM, (W) On at 7PM

TURN OFF:

(W) off at 8PM, (M) off at 9PM, (A) off at 10PM

The reason why I use the Maxspect LEDs because I use to have it on my old tank solana but unfortunately, I have sold the tank awhile back and the LEDs were just collecting dust in the closet for several months. I could not sell the light for what I was asking for, so couple days ago I recently was cleaning out the closet and found the light. Decided to why not use it and see what happens. I went to home depot and lowes, spent about $7.00 total on the 2 EPT pipe holder and 1 EMT pipe and then i bend the pipe while i was at the store and brought it home and attached to the back and hung the fixture on. I tested everything to work and whaaaa-la! Now i am glad i used the Maxspect to it full potential. :)

i guess you all think I am one crazy nut but the setup is hella sexier even more before.

Edit: I could always raise it higher if it is overkill or to close to the water.

Any suggestion?

I think it could possible be overkill but if you actually look at one of the photos above, you see I have it hanging really high about 15 inch up from the water and it is actually over coverage which I don't really have to worry much about not coverage.

To correct if I am wrong, there is actually 3 separate buttons from the power control box. Each button is to control each leds channel (Actinics 3w Blues, 3w Whites, and 30w Whites LEDs) I have them all on at different times.

IMG_8988.jpg

Photoperiod

My Maxspect G2-400-160w is on for 12 hours total. Here is how i have my Channel setting for each unit.

Channels

(A) Actinics: 3w Blue/Violet LEDs - ON for 12 hours

(M) Mixed: 3w White/Blue/Violet LEDs - ON for 8 hours

(W) Whites: 30w Whites LEDs - ON for 1 hours

TURN ON:

(A) On at 10AM, (M) On at 2PM, (W) On at 7PM

TURN OFF:

(W) off at 8PM, (M) off at 9PM, (A) off at 10PM

The reason why I use the Maxspect LEDs because I use to have it on my old tank solana but unfortunately, I have sold the tank awhile back and the LEDs were just collecting dust in the closet for several months. I could not sell the light for what I was asking for, so couple days ago I recently was cleaning out the closet and found the light. Decided to why not use it and see what happens. I went to home depot and lowes, spent about $7.00 total on the 2 EPT pipe holder and 1 EMT pipe and then i bend the pipe while i was at the store and brought it home and attached to the back and hung the fixture on. I tested everything to work and whaaaa-la! Now i am glad i used the Maxspect to it full potential. :)

i guess you all think I am one crazy nut but the setup is hella sexier even more before.

Edit: I could always raise it higher if it is overkill or to close to the water.

Any suggestion?

I wish i did but i dont, Sexier it is though....did you use that CERT, I'm just making sure it's working cuase we hit a speed bump first time around. Dave what should i feed my corals...right now i just have coral frenzy...please advise....oh yeah and Sonny has these...please get them asap..you'll love em

post-65955-1304211667.jpg

Archived