Innovative Marine Aquariums

My ADA30c+RKL+LEDs+MP10wES = Pure Sexyness!

d'Espresso

Great news everyone! Reefcleaners rocks came in but sadly i am at work at the moment so i won't get to post up picture but maybe later tonight! These rocks are unbelievable! Reefcleaners rocks are one of the best i ever seen.

John (Reefcleaners) You have done a very nice job of choosing out the rocks i needed for my setup. Thanks you so much!

Can't wait to play with scaping soon! Can someone recommended me some idea for a awesome bonsai scape or minimalist scape or volcano mode! :)

Ideas and Comments are welcome..

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
best way is to drill holes for some acrylic rods but if you cant do that step, settle for just epoxy then superglue into the crevices

i have a drill and drill bits plus extra super gel glues but where can i find acrylic rods and what type of epoxy to use?

I drilled rock using a glass drill bit and secured the pieces together with hollow pen tubes for support. I couldnt find acrylic dowels so I improvised and have not seen any ill effects. I didnt need to use any sort of epoxy but I used that reef epoxy putty to clean up the edges a bit

you could use a variety of dowels such as acrylic rods or carbon fiber rods from a hobby shop. a trick I use for epoxy is I throw sand on it afterwards, makes things look a lot more natural

you could use a variety of dowels such as acrylic rods or carbon fiber rods from a hobby shop. a trick I use for epoxy is I throw sand on it afterwards, makes things look a lot more natural

man i wish someone told me this haha. im waiting for my ugly gray epoxy to get covered in algae/coraline (freaking almost non existant in my tank -_-)

that's a great idea about the sand trick on epoxy! definitely gonna try that out

I did mine with just epoxy. Worked quite well and is very sturdy

DSC_0596.jpg

There are 4 pieces of rock

That is a very nice looking scape! How long and many style did you scape the setting?

i found one scape i like and i might try to replica the scape from Crazy4acros from RC, his tank is my new inspiration with a twist.

That is a very nice looking scape! How long and many style did you scape the setting?

i found one scape i like and i might try to replica the scape from Crazy4acros from RC, his tank is my new inspiration with a twist.

LOL thats exactly what i tried to recreate in my tank. that guy has an amazing scape, cant wait to see what you come up with :D. totally makes me want a shallow cube now

Today is testing day for my wire setup with RKL and LEDs setting! Also waiting on the ATO supply to come in by FedEx. Anyone know how to wire up a relay for a ATO? i order the 12 volt DPDT relay, relay socket, large project box, miniature PP Float Switch, power cord. i am gonna have some fun figuring out to wire this ato. :D

The rocks still sitting in the box for the moment. i can not work on it til next tuesday on my off day. so please excuse the slowness!

Havent been to this thread in awhile but it is coming along nicely. Sweet looking MP10 box and I cant wait to see what kind of scape you come up with.

Im jealous!!!!

^^ what nips said. All the "inside" of the scape will not receive much light. Its like a cave so coral placing will be just in the outside and on top. Looks cool though, just not great for coral placement

Well, first scape did not look so good and was very limited space. So i will try out my second try before i expoxy everything together. I think i need to thin out some more rocks to keep it slim for good coral placement. Ok, let me know what you all think, comment are always welcome.

Second Scape with Rock and Sand:

IMG_8861.jpg

IMG_8859.jpg

IMG_8860.jpg

IMG_8862.jpg

IMG_8864.jpg

IMG_8865.jpg

Archived