inTank Media Baskets

My ADA30c+RKL+LEDs+MP10wES = Pure Sexyness!

d'Espresso

to me, ADA tanks should left undrilled. they just look awesome as it is.

+1 No drilling but something different i would like to do from the odds. No worries, i have something else in mind :ninja:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great job on that light fixture! It goes really well with the stand and looks really clean.

What kind of bracket did you use to mount the light fixture to the EMT pipe?

Amazing i had to do a little modification on it but the light fixture and EMT pipe fit snuggly tight together. I also drilled a hole on the side to slide all my wiring inside the EMT pipe for clean look. More pictures of it coming soon on the back side of the work. :)

Looks great! Nice job on the light fixture matching the stand too. Have you given any thought as to using the chi as a display refugium?

Looks sick, need pictures with the mame on STAT. Also, is the light level? It's hard to tell from the angle the pictures were taken at, but it looks like it is sagging a bit. lol

The Mame looks alittle complicated just because it is delicate glass. i am afraid my clumsy self my drop it at work. So i will get to that part of putting it in together this weekend. Just been so busy at work with all those tax returns and student refunds that people think it is christmas shopping again.

The light is level but i just took a quick picture to let you all see the progress of the work. I have not install fully into the EMT pipe, i will need to run all my LEDs wires into the pipe to give a clean look.

What do you all think? Should i leave the LEDs fixture in the center or should i have it on the left side so that all 4 side are visible?

Well, lets see how he executes the mame. It might look good, but I'm betting it will look out of place. He did an excellent job with his light fixture though.

Thanks for the tip! i am too a little concerned too! But hey, i just wanted to try out the Mame on the ADA 30c tank but if it doesn't go as plan then i got something to backup my plan B :ninja:

you've been holding out on us!

I haven't been holding out. You just been busy with yours. :lol:

interested... following...

Welcome on board! More cool mods forsure!

Looks great! Nice job on the light fixture matching the stand too. Have you given any thought as to using the chi as a display refugium?

I did thought about using the Chi as a refugium but i also have something else in mind that will replace the bottom placement. This is my first time going sump. but i am not quite sure on how to make it look functionable and easy maintenance. More to come...

Great job on that light fixture! It goes really well with the stand and looks really clean.

What kind of bracket did you use to mount the light fixture to the EMT pipe?

Here's what i use to hold the fixture and the back side of the LEDs box with dimming to adjust the lights.

IMG_8830.jpg

IMG_8832.jpg

IMG_8833.jpg

i will run all the LEDs wires inside the EMT pipe to give it a clean look! The only wire that is noticeable is the MP10w ES.

i was also deciding if i should move the whole fixture to the side or leave it center like how i have it now? what do you guys/girls think i should do?

Now I want a nano/LED LPS tank...enjoy the MP10

Thank you for the pump! Very great seller and fast shipping. You are a Top Notch Seller! A+

Here is what i received in the mail the other day from fishez4alivin. He is a great guy and have great communications. Glad you checked out my thread tank build.

IMG_8827.jpg

IMG_8829.jpg

Can't wait to test it out on the tank!

One thing about these cube tanks is that it's hard to find a good position for the mp10. No matter where I put mine, it ended up being too much flow for my softies and lps. I wonder if you could hide part of it behind the rock?

i hate the mame overflow so much. dont you..sleep?

i hate to say this but to think about what you say about the Mame i am starting to have second thought. i am running into a little problem on how to set up a sump and probably gonna disregard on going that path. :(

Unless i go with plan C, maybe drill the tank? :lol:

One thing about these cube tanks is that it's hard to find a good position for the mp10. No matter where I put mine, it ended up being too much flow for my softies and lps. I wonder if you could hide part of it behind the rock?

Maybe you can! try it out and let me know. i will put mine in the center or on the side forsure! But maybe barebottom for SPS and acan tank.. hmmm.. giving me some ideas!

Also good news: The Rocks from ReefCleaners are on their way here soon this week!

I don't' see the issue with using the Mame overflow, that was my first choice. However, due to lack of quantity I went with drilling the tank. A sump may seem complicated but once it is setup there is nothing complicated about it. I was having second thoughts about using the sump but I feel it is the best way to increase water volume.

Archived