Innovative Marine Aquariums

Calvin415's ADA 60P

calvin415

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Patrizio_g
Here's today's work, 1 week of growth...

DSCN6341.jpg

DSCN6343.jpg

DSCN6345.jpg

Water turned off, and pipe removed

DSCN6347.jpg

DSCN6348.jpg

Screen removed from the pipe

DSCN6349.jpg

All back together

DSCN6350.jpg

DSCN6353.jpg

And the results, even more than last time:

DSCN6354.jpg

hey calvin, how is this filtration working for you? im working on a 27 gal tank and your filtration system will be something i could add to my project, where can i get some more info about it?

• Like 1
Patrizio_g
Check out algaescrubber.net

Thanks, the info there is very interesting i will be building one for my next project, thats fore sure.

thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Diogo Matias

I have 1 question!

If a power failure ocours, at least 50% of your tank volume will be drained to the sump?

HecticDialectics
Yes. The return will have a pipe raising the return up approx 7" (which will be hidden in rock work) and I will be installing a check valve in the return line directly below the bulkhead. In the event the check valve fails, I will lose approx half my water (bottom 7" will be safe thanks to the pipe) which I have accounted for in my sump build. If I lose all 7" from the display tank, water level in the sump will raise to 1.25" below the top. I will also be installing a valve between the tank and the check valve so I can test it regularly and replace in the even it begins to fail. A risk I'm willing to take to have the clean look. The fish will be fine in the bottom 7" of water, and the corals will experience low tide. :)

^^

I also demand a new fts :P

• 5 weeks later...
update?

Coming up....

I second that

Coming up....

Very clean tank-gonna looks pretty awesome in the coming months

Thanks, we'll see what the future holds.

I have 1 question!

If a power failure ocours, at least 50% of your tank volume will be drained to the sump?

No, If a power failure occurs and my check valve fails, then about 7 gallons will drop into my sump (which it has room for).

^^

I also demand a new fts :P

I'll see what I can do...

any new updates? can't wait to see FTS soon!

Not a lot of growth still, but I'll see what I can do in the days ahead.

AQUA ILLUMINATION FTW!

omgomgomg

Yeah, just dialing the thing in for my corals is the tough part...

Nice Scoly ;)

Thanks, my favorite piece still!

Hey calvin,

I just ordered an AI Sol for my ADA 60-P and was wondering what your lighting schedule was like?

Ever evolving... Tried peaking at 50%, and slowing turned it down until I hit 30% at noon, but I've lost my Clam and Plate even placing them in the shaded areas, not sure if it was too much light or not, but my SPS are no longer looking as bright as they were, so I've decided to go the opposite direction now, and I'm peaking at 100% white, 80% blue, so we'll see what happens. It ramps from 30/30/30 at 11 to 100/80/80 over 2 hours, and then back down again over 2 hours to 30/30/30. Let you know how it goes.

Such a big space and such a little tank. When's the *cough* upgrade coming? :D

Nice tank and theater room :)

Sorry, this replaced the 12'er that was here instead. Theater took priority over the larger tank, but couldn't be happier with the outcome. Perhaps another nano on the other end of the bar down the road. And maybe another screen and projector on the other side of the room for crazy game nights. ;)

Thanks everyone for following along on my build, sorry for the lack of updates, just too much to do this summer, but the good news is that I'm getting re-motivated to get my tank finished. I got caught up on my maintenance last night, plan to do some shopping today, and then with any luck I'll get some new pics and maybe some video's posted.

-E

Thanks guys, sorry I got home late to do any pics, the tank lights are now off, but I did some initial PAR tests earlier today to see if my hunch was correct and it is. With the AI turn to W/B/R 20/30/30 I'm only getting a PAR rating of 90 at the highest point of the rock structure, and less than 50 on the sand bed. With 100/80/80 I get 400 PAR at the highest point, all the way down to 100 in the bottom corner of the sand bed. Looks like my corals were just starving. :(. I'm totally bummed, I really though this light was throwing more light at these lower output settings. Guess I should have bummer a PAR meter sooner... Hopefully things will start to color back up, I'll get some pics of the tank soon... Battery is on the charger to ensure I'm ready. :)

• Like 1
This tank is awesome, Calvin! :happy:

Both yours are!!!! I was talking about both your tanks today to my wife....I'm sellin her on a new one or at least tryin to!!!!! :rant:

Thanks guys, sorry I got home late to do any pics, the tank lights are now off, but I did some initial PAR tests earlier today to see if my hunch was correct and it is. With the AI turn to W/B/R 20/30/30 I'm only getting a PAR rating of 90 at the highest point of the rock structure, and less than 50 on the sand bed. With 100/80/80 I get 400 PAR at the highest point, all the way down to 100 in the bottom corner of the sand bed. Looks like my corals were just starving. :( . I'm totally bummed, I really though this light was throwing more light at these lower output settings. Guess I should have bummer a PAR meter sooner... Hopefully things will start to color back up, I'll get some pics of the tank soon... Battery is on the charger to ensure I'm ready. :)

Hey calvin how high are your lights from the surface of the water?I recently realized the same thing was going on with some of my corals and had to lower my light a bit.

SouthFlorida_Tron

100/80/80 sounds like bleach-fest to me, IMO......... I bleached at 60/70/70 lol....

ATM I run 30/70/70 for 4 hours during peak, 15/40/40. I guess you're looking for that 14k look? Try a 70/70/70 peak. Ur corals will thank u for it. Sometimes less is more.

Both yours are!!!! I was talking about both your tanks today to my wife....I'm sellin her on a new one or at least tryin to!!!!! :rant:

LOL! Thanks

Hey calvin how high are your lights from the surface of the water?I recently realized the same thing was going on with some of my corals and had to lower my light a bit.

They are about 12-15" off the water...

Updated my timer tonight:

Start------W/B/R----Ramp----Effective Time (due to ramp up)

7:00----10/15/15---120m----9:00

9:00----25/30/30---120m---11:00

11:00---50/55/55---120m---13:00

13:00--100/80/80---120m---15:00

15:00---50/55/55---120m---17:00

17:00---25/30/30---120m---19:00

19:00---10/15/15---120m---21:00

21:00----0/0/2-----120m---23:00

Archived