Innovative Marine Aquariums

Calvin415's ADA 60P

calvin415

Thanks, I currently have 2 Bangaii's, 2 Pipefish, 1 Chromie, 3 Sexy Shrimp, 1 Harlequin Brittle Star, and 1 Sand Sifting Star, plus lots of CUC... Yeah, lots of inverts, but they really help keep things clean. Not sure what else I might add down the road, but I do not have a screen as there are no jumpers. As for future plans I most likely will not add any jumpers just to be able to leave it open top.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing your evap is pretty high?

Honestly, I have no idea... I have my ATO hooked up to a 55g drum in my garage so I don't have a clue how much it's using. I'm alway making water for my maintenance business, so I never see it drop.

I really want to say: "My preeeeeciuuuusss" :haha:

Perfect tank!

Keep going!

LMAO! Thanks! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Figured it's been a few weeks I'll take some more shots... A few things have happened over the last 3 weeks. Unfortunately I just couldn't get my Cardinals to take to mysis, arctic pods, pellets, flake, or anything other than pods. The results? 2 Pipes + 4 Bangaii's competing for the same food source (even culturing and adding pods manually) just wasn't enough, and one by one they gave in. :( I am once again down to just 1 chromie, but still plan to add a bunch more of them. I also have 3 sexy shrimp that have developed a taste for my plate coral. I've finally got them to leave it alone (I think) but a lot of damage is done. They are now always on my Scoly but doesn't appear to have any damage... Only time will tell if they stay or if they go.

DSCN6511.jpg

DSCN6512.jpg

One of the buggers:

DSCN6507.jpg

And the damage... From here it looks like it might have two mouths?

DSCN6506.jpg

Top Down:

DSCN6499.jpg

Scoly is slowly growing:

DSCN6496.jpg

DSCN6495.jpg

DSCN6497.jpg

Only shot where you can see some growth...

Before:

DSCN6422.jpg

Tonight:

DSCN6494.jpg

I have 3 sexies, they have not munched on anything other than what i feed them. A suggestion which I think keeps them happy is having a maxi mini anemone, mine stay on mine all the time and rarely stray.

I have 3 sexies, they have not munched on anything other than what i feed them. A suggestion which I think keeps them happy is having a maxi mini anemone, mine stay on mine all the time and rarely stray.

Just having something that stings and can travel scares the crap out of me...

E - looking good. Really sorry to hear about the losses. Looking forward to seeing what other tricks you have up your sleeve on this one.

Lookin good c-dog! You gonna pop those SPS off the plugs or just let em grow over?

Probably just let them grow over instead of stressing them again..

E - looking good. Really sorry to hear about the losses. Looking forward to seeing what other tricks you have up your sleeve on this one.

Thanks bud, lots of stuff I'd love to get, but just bought a cow and a truck and I'm dumping some money into the truck so things are a little tight... :( Hopefully I can get some more stuff in the near future.

bogman2121
Probably just let them grow over instead of stressing them again..

Thanks bud, lots of stuff I'd love to get, but just bought a cow and a truck and I'm dumping some money into the truck so things are a little tight... :( Hopefully I can get some more stuff in the near future.

A cow? haha really?

Tank looks great, keep it up. Thanks again for the overflow, I still haven't put it on the tank as I'm still waiting for that stand but after seeing your tank I decided to scrap my light and get an AI Sol Blue and wow is it awesome. Thanks for making me spend more money haha.

Yeah, I bought an 1100+lb grain fed cow and had it slaughtered... Picking it up at the butcher next Friday. :). Mmmmmm can't wait for some good steaks! :)

I love the AI, so many features, so many possible color spectrums! Glad to know I convinced someone else to waste some money! LOL! Love it!!!!

Paleoreef103

The tank looks great! You have some oddball members of the species in that tank though. Bangaii Cardinals that don't eat frozen? Sexies that tear up coral? Weird.

That's awesome. My wife has been trying to get me to do the same thing for a couple years. A half cow would better for 2 I'm thinking. If she brings it up soon, I will have to get the location from you. How many AI SOLs for a cow? :P

This setup is amazing, honestly. Once it grows out it's going to be crazy!

Thanks! Got some more corals today and tonight, I'll try to get some more pics soon...

The tank looks great! You have some oddball members of the species in that tank though. Bangaii Cardinals that don't eat frozen? Sexies that tear up coral? Weird.

Yeah tell me about it... The Bangaii's were captive bred by a friend, but the we raised in his sump on pods exclusively. Once the got to my tank it was all the would show interest in. I tried like crazy to keep up with them by culturing pods, but in the end it was just too much. :(. As for the sexys not sure what to make of it... they are being model citizens again, hopefully the plate will recover, or at least drop some babies.

That's awesome. My wife has been trying to get me to do the same thing for a couple years. A half cow would better for 2 I'm thinking. If she brings it up soon, I will have to get the location from you. How many AI SOLs for a cow? :P

Yeah it's the friend of a friend but I get a killer deal that I can't pass up. It's about 3 AI Sols per Cow... LOL!

LOL! That's a steal of a deal!!!! $3/lb! Steaks are incredible and dirt cheap! :) Normal rates are about double that!

Updates!! I demand updates! Planning to get an 60-P when I move apartment next month, loving the scrubber, definitely makes me consider a similar set up.

hey dude how'd you make that overflow? or did you buy it premade? either way i want one like that lol

Thanks, I made it. :)

Archived