Cultivated Reef

Calvin415's ADA 60P

calvin415

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't have much time to culture those pods hey? Lol jk I'm sure it will be fine, you'll have them eating prepared in no time. Congrats. Pics?

Didn't have much time to culture those pods hey? Lol jk I'm sure it will be fine, you'll have them eating prepared in no time. Congrats. Pics?

Yeah, scrambling to get them going but have a plan... I could see some in the tank tonight so hopefully that will help for a day or two. They look just like the pics I posted from live aquaria, but I'll get pics once I can clean the glass. I'm leaving it dirty to help the pods for now.

Incredible job so far calvin...

Thanks!

Just scored something else tonight, I'll post pics next week when I pic it up. It is killer!!!!!

Yep! :P LOL! For me, this will be the pinnacle of the tank, no matter what else I put in there, nothing will top this IMO. I can't wait until next week!!!

It's a grouper... right? :P

LOL! Sorry no, but not going to say yes even if someone guessed it...

Thanks to the Great JRC I now have a pod culture going, soon to be two, and then three! :D

Also took some pics and vids of my newest additions! I really wonder if I have a pair, they are always together! Sorry for the shifting white balances, I was trying my darndest to get the true color!

DSCN6304.jpg

DSCN6305.jpg

DSCN6310.jpg

DSCN6314.jpg

DSCN6315.jpg

White Balance Shift

DSCN6325.jpg

Another WB Shift

DSCN6338.jpg

DSCN6330.jpg

And for fun...

DSCN6322.jpg

So here are some vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6PkjbxtpjQ...eature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvsI1DR7CyI...eature=youtu.be

Great coloration on the pipes!

Can't wait to see the "surprise"

This!!!

:bowdown: Amazing build this is right here!!!

Awesome pipes, I dig the coloration! B)

Thanks! I really wish I could get the color on them just right, but they are super cool!

Beautiful Pipes! Nice job on this.

Thanks! Long way to go...

Great coloration on the pipes!

Can't wait to see the "surprise"

Thanks, I can't wait to get the surprise and then share. :)

This!!!

:bowdown: Amazing build this is right here!!!

LOL, Thanks!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg Those pipes are awesome!!!! Love the orange

LOL Thanks bro!

Let's see it's Friday, so 3 more days until I can hopefully pick up my new addition. :) Maybe I'll try to get an SPS frag or two this weekend...

Beautimuss!!!

Thanks!

Man, I'm jelos, I want some livestock <_<

Lol, then get some livestock. :)

so sweet, like all your previous tanks....have you ever actually done a crappy job on a tank in your life? ;)

Lol, sure! My first tank when I was 13; 29 gallons and there was no internet... Had a plastic hood with 1 florescent bulb. Had a hang on back filter and about 5lbs of live rock. Way over stocked, but live and learn, the list goes on... 20 years later, I've figured a few things out. :) Thanks for the kind words.

wow beautiful pipes!

Thanks!

Awesome colors on those paired pipes!!

Thanks, sure hope that are a pair.

Still need to clean the glass and scrub the turf scrubber, but it's amazing how little I need to clean the glass with the scrubber installed. :) I'll post pics if I can later...

Here's today's work, 1 week of growth...

DSCN6341.jpg

DSCN6343.jpg

DSCN6345.jpg

Water turned off, and pipe removed

DSCN6347.jpg

DSCN6348.jpg

Screen removed from the pipe

DSCN6349.jpg

All back together

DSCN6350.jpg

DSCN6353.jpg

And the results, even more than last time:

DSCN6354.jpg

I really didn't expect it but I have to say this is the best thing I've tried! Seriously, my skimmer only has un eaten food in it... It hasn't been cleaned in a week and only has 1/4" of watered down tea in the cup! Tank looks great (I know it's still too new) and looking forward to finishing stocking it! Hope to pick up my new addition tomorrow!

Word from BRS is that the AI Sol nano was due in March and they haven't been able to get any updated eta.

Who knows... I'm playing with the idea of doing a small diy. I think I could make it happen for around $100 in parts and then find someone for an acrylic fixture maybe. This would just be a bare bones LED set-up. Good LEDs and drivers, but no dimming, etc.

Pretty close to the new addition update though huh? :)

Word from BRS is that the AI Sol nano was due in March and they haven't been able to get any updated eta.

Who knows... I'm playing with the idea of doing a small diy. I think I could make it happen for around $100 in parts and then find someone for an acrylic fixture maybe. This would just be a bare bones LED set-up. Good LEDs and drivers, but no dimming, etc.

Pretty close to the new addition update though huh? :)

Interesting... Hopefully they will actually release it. :/ DIY's are easy to do, but the fabrication of a housing, and controllers really starts to increase both monetary costs, but also time costs. The research spent to figure out what the hell you're doing easily can jump a DIY way over the cost of a prebuilt system. You know me, I'm a lover of DIY, but it was so nice to just plug it in, and turn it on. :)

So here's my addition. Sorry I don't have a better pic, I'm waiting for it to open up. Perhaps tomorrow.

Black & White Maxima from Micronesia!

DSCN6374.jpg

• Like 1

Archived