Pod Your Reef

Calvin415's ADA 60P

calvin415

Great! I will most definintely take you up on that offer. The B. Cardinals are some of my favorite fish. The scoly and plate look great too. Is that scolly showing a yellow/greenish stripe at around it's 5 o'clock in the first pic?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great! I will most definintely take you up on that offer. The B. Cardinals are some of my favorite fish. The scoly and plate look great too. Is that scolly showing a yellow/greenish stripe at around it's 5 o'clock in the first pic?

LOL. Never noticed the line! Don't really see it in person, but it's in the pic! Very strange!

Sorry, do you mean yes? Lol!

I believe he means..... YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! x A LOT MORE

I'm ordering 3 more for my pair soon.

Great build you have going there. I like the simple rock work.

I have a question on the Sol. You have it mounted pretty low and look to have nice light coverage. What intensity are you running at? Do you think a Nano Sol could cover the 60P if suspended higher and with the LEDs running harder to account for the distance?

I believe he means..... YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! x A LOT MORE

Sweet! LOL!

Great build you have going there. I like the simple rock work.

I have a question on the Sol. You have it mounted pretty low and look to have nice light coverage. What intensity are you running at? Do you think a Nano Sol could cover the 60P if suspended higher and with the LEDs running harder to account for the distance?

Thanks! I feel I have it fairly high IMO but it maxes out around noon at 40,50,50 (w,b,rb) but I'm not sure I would try a nano just due to the spread. Perhaps a square tank, I'm looking forward to setting up some ADA 30-C's with nanos. Just need to convince my wife to kick the kids toys out of the rest of the basement. ;)

yeah pretty much, there so sexy

HecticDialectics
So, Sexy Shrimp??? 5-7

I swear to god, you and I think almost exactly alike when it comes to stocking. I wanted to try a few chromis for my tank, then open your thread and all of a sudden you have (had lol) chromis. Yesterday afternoon, I was thinking about how it'd be cool to have some sexy shrimp, and today I see that you want to get sexy shrimp!

Awesome tank calvin. I was bummed out we all missed each other at reefstock but it looks like you got some pretty sick stuff. I love the scoly and the plate. My next tank will be an ADA and I want to do a plate garden lol. I didnt think that this tank could live up to the old long tank but you are pulling it off. I cant wait to see this thing fully stocked. Pipe fish would be awesome!

Thanks! Hopefully everything will work out... I'm looking at hosting our July club meeting if you wanted to make it down, could me a little mini nano meeting at the same time. ;)

I had 2 banded and they were the exact same looking to me. I however didn't really put in much effort on the internet on trying to find different characteristics. From the slight reading I have read it appears to be pretty hard to determine a sex but it is usually with the snout that the difference lie. I'm hopefully going to be introducing some to a horse pipe playground but have yet to find the time to really start the hunt for the right specimen.

What else is in store besides the pipes? This tank is too good.

Pipes and Cardinals for now, going to be SPS shopping soon, and then I need to load up on LPS. Going to try pod culturing starting tonight to feed the pipes as they will be ready for pick up tomorrow.

I hope so... LFS was out of pods, next shipment is Thursday so I'll try getting cultures going Thursday evening.

I hope so... LFS was out of pods, next shipment is Thursday so I'll try getting cultures going Thursday evening.The pods are for the pipes right? Don't they have a special diet?

This thread is amazing, multiple 30c's with SOL nano's? :D

Are the nano's even available yet? I did a quick search the other day while I have been planning my tank and couldn't find any for sale. I'm def looking for a tank in the 4-8 gal range though (display, not counting sump) with a clean prepackaged LED option. Prety much exactly what you are describing...

Keep it up!

Dude, yeah the pipes are much like mandarins, they like to hunt for pods... Hoping to get them onto prepared foods, but in the mean time lots of pods is a good thing. :)

This thread is amazing, multiple 30c's with SOL nano's? :D

Are the nano's even available yet? I did a quick search the other day while I have been planning my tank and couldn't find any for sale. I'm def looking for a tank in the 4-8 gal range though (display, not counting sump) with a clean prepackaged LED option. Prety much exactly what you are describing...

Keep it up!

LOL! Well, that's the idea... My youngest is 2 so we'll have kids stuff for a while, but would like to build out the rest of the basement with more tanks once we can get rid of all the toys. ;) Bulk Reef has them listed, but not sure if it's a pre-sale or not, because most of the other sites who carry thier stuff do not have them listed.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/aqua-i...ing-system.html

Edit: Just noticed they do not have them in-stock so it must be pre-orders.

Archived