calvin415

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HecticDialectics
25 ppm Ammonia

:eek:

:D

Swim little chromis swim! I may stock my tank with only chromis. :X They're cool.

Lookin' good.

:eek:

:D

Swim little chromis swim! I may stock my tank with only chromis. :X They're cool.

Lookin' good.

i love chromis! i almost did a LPS only tank with a school of them :D:happy:

Parameter check:

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 1.0 + ppm

Nitrates 15 ppm

Added a pinch of sugar hopefully that will speed this up...

Turf scrubber is up and running, I may make some tweaks down the road, but I'll only know the bugs as they arrive...

Entire scrubber is build with just two of these, they are held in place with magnets:

DSCN6226.jpg

DSCN6225.jpg

Screen lit from the side:

DSCN6221.jpg

And the guts: I tee'd off the return line with an inline valve to control flow, connected to an elbow and capped piece of pipe which has a slit in the side to hold the screen:

DSCN6232.jpg

DSCN6233.jpg

Thanks bud!

Just got back from Reef stock in Denver, lots of great stuff I wanted to buy but the tank isn't quite ready... Lucked out and found a vendor/friend who is willing to hold stuff for me until everything is ready so I ended up buying an orange scolly and a green/purple plate. :). Can't wait to add them!!!

Parameter check:

Ammonia 0

Nitrites .50 ppm

Nitrates 10 ppm

Parameter check:

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0 ppm

Nitrates 0 ppm

Woo Hoo!!!!

Now I just have some diatoms to clean up and I'll be ready to start stocking. :) Going skiing for the week, so I'll try to get starting on the good stuff when I get back.

Sweet build, as always!

Thanks!

Nice overflow design!

Thank you!

Skiing was great, didn't want to come back but the tank was running like a champ upon my return. All I had to do was empty the skimmer cup and clean the glass. :)

Did a full parameter check:

Ammonia 0ppm

Nitrites 0ppm

Nitrates 0ppm

pH 8.3

Temp 76*F

Salinity 1.025

Phosphates .08ppm

Alk 3.5 meq/L

Calcium 475ppm

Magnesium 1275ppm

I got my 2 part all mixed up (10 x 1L bottles of each part) and my dosing pump all figured out, but everything is right where it needs to be so it's off for now. Once I get some Ca hogs I'll get it really dialed in.

Need to increase my clean up crew to take care of some of the algea that's growing in the tank (will be done on Wednesday) but the turf scrubber is growing nice green algea like mad right now... Chromies ended up fighting so I'm down to 1 of those guys, but just added 5 baby cardinals (1 didn't make it through the night) as well as I picked up my scoly and fungia plate. Once I have the algea in the tank eaten up, I'll post some more pics.

!!!!!!!!!!

Was just looking through the ADA reef owners thread over the past couple days of work. This morning I made it to the end and got a big surprise. First I was happy to see you got an ADA because I knew you would do it right, then I was sad about the 12er, but now after reading through this thread to see how you have set this thing up... happy again!

Then you mentioned Reef Stock and that made me sad... hahaha, I kid I kid.

I should be home around the end of June (fingers crossed) and I think a good goal will be to have a tank ready to receive corals by Frag Stock :D

Clean is my fancy, so I just might go the ADA route as well. This set-up is just absolutely brilliant though E. I hope that when I set my next tank up you will be up for answering a couple questions.

Oh, and who was the benefactor of the 12er's live stock and hardware?

i havent read teh whole thread, but the pictures are FREakiN awsome!!!

actually i just bought a ADA 60P myself sow now i know what to do with my tank lol

all i need is a led lighting and a vortech mp10 i just hope they sell them here...:P

but that tank is gorgeous sooo.. neat and clean.. very inspiring though...

What kind of dosing pumps are you using? I've been trying to figure out which ones I wanna get for my tank.

I'm using the 2-channel doser from reefdosingpumps.com I've used them in the past with great results, it's nice because you dial up how much you want it to dose and it will do it over 24 hours so you don't add anything all at once. You literally are dripping it in drop by drop.

!!!!!!!!!!

Was just looking through the ADA reef owners thread over the past couple days of work. This morning I made it to the end and got a big surprise. First I was happy to see you got an ADA because I knew you would do it right, then I was sad about the 12er, but now after reading through this thread to see how you have set this thing up... happy again!

Then you mentioned Reef Stock and that made me sad... hahaha, I kid I kid.

I should be home around the end of June (fingers crossed) and I think a good goal will be to have a tank ready to receive corals by Frag Stock :D

Clean is my fancy, so I just might go the ADA route as well. This set-up is just absolutely brilliant though E. I hope that when I set my next tank up you will be up for answering a couple questions.

Oh, and who was the benefactor of the 12er's live stock and hardware?

LOL! Thanks for the feedback Gabe! ;) Can't wait for you to be back here so we can build a killer setup for you!!! :) I'm still hoping to hear from the guy you bought my 12'er, he lives in Denver and was going to post a build thread, but no dice yet. :( Hit me up when you're in town!

i havent read teh whole thread, but the pictures are FREakiN awsome!!!

actually i just bought a ADA 60P myself sow now i know what to do with my tank lol

all i need is a led lighting and a vortech mp10 i just hope they sell them here...:P

but that tank is gorgeous sooo.. neat and clean.. very inspiring though...

Thanks for the kind words! Be sure you take lots of pics while you're setting it up, I can't wait for my next ADA! These things are fantastic!!!

So here's my update for today:

I drained the sump and shop-vac'd it dry to give it a good cleaning, then refilled it to do about a 30% water change. Trimmed the turf scrubber, wiped down the glass and took some pics. :) Please excuse the algae in the tank, my clean up crew has been in for only 2 days but are making quick work of it...

What I trimmed off the scrubber:

DSCN6301.jpg

Left side:

DSCN6284.jpg

Right side:

DSCN6283.jpg

Dosing bottles:

DSCN6295.jpg

Inventory:

DSCN6289.jpg

FTS:

DSCN6280.jpg

DSCN6269.jpg

New Fungia Plate:

DSCN6279.jpg

DSCN6271.jpg

Scoly:

DSCN6272.jpg

1 of my baby cardinals:

DSCN6274.jpg

Thanks, had 5, but lost the 2 smallest... Down to 3 and hoping to end up with a pair out of them. They are still very small, if you look at the shot of the scoly, you can see an emerald crab in the background for a size comparison.

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!! AWesome!!!!!!!!!!! You are quite the technical one!!!! VEry Very Very nice I am in love with ADA....I should have done that for the first tank <_<

Wow! Really clean. Great job on the build and good luck on the cardinals!

Thanks!

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!! AWesome!!!!!!!!!!! You are quite the technical one!!!! VEry Very Very nice I am in love with ADA....I should have done that for the first tank <_<

LOL, thanks, nice thing about tanks is that you can always do it over or another. ;)

those cardinals are really cute :wub:

Thanks! Lol

Archived