Pod Your Reef

Calvin415's ADA 60P

calvin415

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I loved my maxima. Never should have sold it

Yeah, they are by far my favorite!

Took this top down of my newest addition. :)

DSCN6377.jpg

This build is so clean! Great job on that overflow--really unique and not boxy like the typical kits.

How are your nitrates and phosphates so far with the turf scrubber?

Beautiful clam there E. Ya, I am slowly seeing what you mean about the DIY on the LEDs. It’s really a matter of buying a 21W LED bulb with no controllability vs. spending $350 or so to get 6 LEDs dimming independently with a PWM control. I don't think there is a ton of benefit from what I have read to the automated dimming cycles asides from the sheer cool factor and aesthetics. When setting up a new tank, it just seems smarter to spend that $250 difference on a good skimmer, ato, rkl, media racks or whatnot.

I digress.

Keep up the solid work (and updates!). I’m living vicariously through this build for the next couple months! Haha.

Cute! I'm very excited for this tank.

Thanks, me too! LOL

Love the pipes :wub:

Thanks! They are still doing great and I'm dosing pods from my cultures every 2-3 days.

This build is so clean! Great job on that overflow--really unique and not boxy like the typical kits.

How are your nitrates and phosphates so far with the turf scrubber?

Thanks, yeah I hate the box look and started making them like this about 3 years ago. :)

I haven't tested the nitrates or phosphates in weeks, last nitrate test was 0, hold on I'll go test phosphates. ;) okay, thanks for waiting LOL according to my Hanna low range photometer my levels are now down to 0.01 which is perfect! :)

Nice addition

Thanks!

Very clean looking - I love the ADA tank!

Thanks, can't wait for another one! Not sure when it will happen though. lol

Beautiful clam there E. Ya, I am slowly seeing what you mean about the DIY on the LEDs. It’s really a matter of buying a 21W LED bulb with no controllability vs. spending $350 or so to get 6 LEDs dimming independently with a PWM control. I don't think there is a ton of benefit from what I have read to the automated dimming cycles asides from the sheer cool factor and aesthetics. When setting up a new tank, it just seems smarter to spend that $250 difference on a good skimmer, ato, rkl, media racks or whatnot.

I digress.

Keep up the solid work (and updates!). I’m living vicariously through this build for the next couple months! Haha.

Glad to have you following along! Yeah, I just love the automation on this light so I'm sold and hooked!

Tank looks amazing. Just curious...how far down is the center point of your bulkhead on the side panel?

Thanks, the bulkhead center is 3" front the top of the tank.

hey Calvin, where did you get your LED lights?

George at reefgeek.com

sexy clam

Thank you very much!

+1

Thanks!

Update:

Went to another meeting/frag swap in Denver today, picked up 5 SPS frags from Chris Capp! I'll work on pics once I get them off the sandbed and mounted to the rock work. Scored a Red Planet, Pink Lemonade, Blue Hawkins Enchinada, Pumpkin Millepora, and another unknown bushy green acropora sp.

Figure these 5 will fill the tank nicely once grown out. Just a few zoanthids and chalices to score and I should be ready to sit back and see how it grows. :)

Thanks for all the feedback and support everyone!!!

I clean the ATS once a week, and as a result of it, I clean the skimmer once every 2 weeks and glass once a week (film).

-E

Took some pics of the new corals from the last swap, and tank today... Want to get a few more LPS corals, and maybe some primo zoanthids and let everything grow in. :)

Red Planet:

DSCN6422.jpg

Sexy Shrimp:

DSCN6423.jpg

DSCN6449.jpg

Scoly:

DSCN6425.jpg

Blue Hawkins Enchinada:

DSCN6430.jpg

And with the pipefish:

DSCN6442.jpg

Pumpkin Millepora:

DSCN6443.jpg

Top down of my plate:

DSCN6445.jpg

DSCN6446.jpg

Pink Lemonade:

DSCN6450.jpg

Bangaii's are getting bigger (only 2 of the inital 5 have made it :( )

DSCN6448.jpg

More Top Downs:

DSCN6431.jpg

DSCN6433.jpg

DSCN6436.jpg

DSCN6438.jpg

DSCN6439.jpg

DSCN6440.jpg

FTS:

DSCN6451.jpg

DSCN6452.jpg

DSCN6453.jpg

Rabidgerbil38

beautiful tank! how dose that pip fish do with the high flow for the sps? I always figured they wouldnt do well, but if not i may be in the market for one soon :lol:

The pipes do great, I've even seem him surfing the vortech flow! They are great in SPS tanks as they can/will eat red bugs.

quickfinger

Sorry if you already covered this (I didn't see it if you did), but are you feeding the clam anything in particular? I only ask b/c it is small...I've seen a lot of smaller clams around lately....

Paleoreef103

Gorgeous set up. If you let this grow out it'll be a TOTM for sure. How many fish do you have in it? Also, do you have a screen to keep out jumpers?

Archived