ReefCleaners.org

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your last one died! he was in a cold bottle full of 1 drop of water while you got busy clicking pictures for facebook NR.

/rant

That was because I needed to ID it! Could have been a bad guy!

Earth to KG, :)

Couple of things, you know that caulerpa runner you gave me? It was growing nicely, and then when I wrapped it around the branch to stick it in the pico again, it has turned white after 4 days (leaves only), the rest of it is still green. Did it go sexual or it just died?

Also the same runner caulerpa has a bright yellow sponge looking thing growing from one spot, is your mother colony doing that?

Earth to KG, :)

Couple of things, you know that caulerpa runner you gave me? It was growing nicely, and then when I wrapped it around the branch to stick it in the pico again, it has turned white after 4 days (leaves only), the rest of it is still green. Did it go sexual or it just died?

Also the same runner caulerpa has a bright yellow sponge looking thing growing from one spot, is your mother colony doing that?

sounds like it went sexual. Leave it in there, it'll grow back.

I have pink, black, purple, white and yellow sponges that pop up randomly.. I think they like my dirty tank.

:eek:

Yeah not good. Glad your okay.

Had a friend who sliced his hand in half cutting Storm Shutters at work. Was horrible, he kept the blade and the pieces of bone that were in it. So nasty. :mellow:

Scroll down only if you can handle blood. Lots of blood.

Otherwise, skip to the next page.

IMG_20120206_114134.jpg

IMG_20120206_114003.jpg

IMG_20120206_114740.jpg

IMG_20120206_114049.jpg

IMG_20120206_120455.jpg

IMG_20120206_121647.jpg

IMG_20120206_121628.jpg

IMG_20120206_113018.jpg

IMG_20120206_113029.jpg

IMG_20120206_113009.jpg

IMG_20120206_113940.jpg

IMG_20120206_113928.jpg

tempjpg-1.jpg

IMG_20120206_113906.jpg

IMG_20120206_113212.jpg

Scroll up only if you can handle blood. Lots of blood.

Dear sweet Jesus that's a lot of blood. Good thing they got you all patched up!

When I broke my wrist and was waiting in the ER, a guy came in with a completely severed thumb and sat down next to me, made me pass out. :lol:

I was a pretty accident prone kid, so blood doesn't bother me much. That and being a combat vet... Kinda lost that whole sick to the stomach thing for everything. Except dislocated kneecaps. Just thinking of that gives me the creeps.

Anyway, the doc I had today was a pretty cool dude. We were joking around as he was stitching me up. I severed an artery so we were seeing how far I could shoot blood when he opened the wound up.. The ER nurses were not happy with us... haha.

Gotta say, in all my years of horrific injuries... this is the first time I saw my own tendons. That was a little weird, wiggling my thumb and watching them work. Good news is- they were all intact so I didn't need reconstructive surgery. The artery "should" heal on it's own... if not, there's enough blood flow to keep the tip of the finger alive without it. Most of the nerves weren't damaged, so the numb spot shouldn't be that bad.

Stupid paly\'s of death have fully recovered from my stabbing spree with kalk paste... And they\'re growing back with a vengeance.

026.jpg

What are the red zoas on the left called? Look awesome!

Glad your OK.

When I saw 1st pic, I thought the thumb was detached. When I scrolled down it was good to see that you two were still a couple.

Sounds like you doc had a good sense of humor. I always take this as a good sign. When a doc loses his sense of humor it usually means you are in alot of trouble.

How are your radions coming along? Have you tried any different intenstiy settings and if so what are the results?

Like the pics and enjoying following along.

:o

You got lucky! Wow I would be pissed too if I was the nurse that has to clean that mess up! LMAO shooting your own blood across the room for fun! Never thought of that!

Glad you're OK! Coulda been much worse, but you know that! When I was building my stand my skillsaw kicked back and got my index finger. Of course I had the gaurd wedged open with a pencil.

I'm an ex ER nurse so I thought the pics were cool!

You are totally scandalous! Those blood and gore pictures are going to be a beacon, like my heels. Ha ha.

I can't believe you sat there the whole time taking pictures, thank goodness for an unhurt right hand at least.

I only just realized how bad it was, the first pic made it look like the thumb was severed off like Kev said. I would be horrified if you'd lost a digit here at home when you made it through Iraq.

Hurry up and heal.

That's awesome!

I mean... I'm sorry for the injury. Hope you got some pain killers and it heals quickly.

A guy a work chopped the end of his thumb off recently. Everyone was freaking out and couldn't handle the blood. Didn't bother me. Good thing I was there to have a clear head!

What are the red zoas on the left called? Look awesome!

Happy Samhains. Got em from Mr. Coral. They're actually orange, I'm just a crappy photographer.

Glad your OK.

When I saw 1st pic, I thought the thumb was detached. When I scrolled down it was good to see that you two were still a couple.

Sounds like you doc had a good sense of humor. I always take this as a good sign. When a doc loses his sense of humor it usually means you are in alot of trouble.

How are your radions coming along? Have you tried any different intenstiy settings and if so what are the results?

Like the pics and enjoying following along.

I had been using Artificial Mode- just switched to Natural mode the other day. I'm liking the natural more- It maxes out at 12,000 kelvins, and I think that looks a lot nicer than the bluer settings I had on before.

I've had some things bleach- and some things die off from not enough light while I was acclimating everything. It's tough finding the sweet spot.

That's awesome!

I mean... I'm sorry for the injury. Hope you got some pain killers and it heals quickly.

A guy a work chopped the end of his thumb off recently. Everyone was freaking out and couldn't handle the blood. Didn't bother me. Good thing I was there to have a clear head!

I'm pretty sure if it was a straight up amputation my sense of humor would have disappeared... Haha. The thought of that possibility makes me thing perhaps I shouldn't be on the table saw when no one is at the office (connected to my shop). If I passed out or something, no one would have found me for at LEAST two hours.

Archived