Coral Vue Hydros

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It wasn't leaking when I was there but it was colorful.

LoL :P

Just read the last pages I have not been here in a few days. I missed all that blood on the floor the first time I looked at the photos.

Meh, spent Valentines day and today with a buddy at wake and funeral. Death in his family. Great Aunt who lived at his house. She was a great lady, always treated me like family.

Last few days were not quite a drinkin' vodka alone kind of event, more celebration of life type thing with her gigantic Italian family.

As far as V-Day as a holiday- I'm just happy not to be a waiter anymore. That's no fun.

Just today I got a gigantic Valentine's Day card from Leeny. Indian cards in our experience, seem to come in two types. They are either really intense "I love you" stuff, or way, way over the top "WTF?/funny/sexual". I got the serious one today. Made me smile. :D:wub: The funny one is still in the mail I guess.

By the way- this is us: :happydance::happydance:

350.jpg

So- some important updates that will concern the reef...

Had a talk with the boss this past weekend. To make a long story short, my take-home pay was a little more than double what he made last year. It's not the greatest business model at the moment. Last year I earned over two months worth of pay just in overtime... And it killed him.

He doesn't have the hands-on type experience to realize that it would be cheaper for him to hire me a shop assistant to increase productivity and profits, and keep me from having to work 16 hours every day for weeks at a clip during the busy season.

So- with tax season here and my injury giving him a lot of time to sit down with the accountant, his decision was to cut back my hours. I don't know how much yet- but it could be pretty significant.

Also, the lease on our building is up in September- and he's thinking of downsizing and no longer producing custom photobooths. AKA- My job gets completely cut out of the company. He would want me to do events on an on-call basis... which is the entry level position at the company, and something I'm not willing to go back to.

Also- the finger isn't healing up as quickly as I hoped... And not having workers comp figured out yet... This trip to India/Sri Lanka in April is going to be a bit harder to pay for than I expected. I mean, I'll be alright- I just hate not having a big cushion to fall on around vacation time.

(Anyone got experience with an injury on the job? Can I file for disability in addition to worker's comp?)

Looking at the fact that I can hardly bend my thumb right now and the skin hasn't yet completely healed over the wound, I haven't got a clue how long it'll be before I can use power tools again.

Second big update- And this is good news for a change...

Some back story-

I signed up for the Army for about 3 and a half years, right out of high school. Deployed to Iraq in 2005 for the entire year. Came home a lot more messed up than I realized... 2007 came, and because of Bush's Troop Surge, the Army tried to deploy me to Iraq for another 16 months... On the very same day my contract was up.

To make a long story short-

I got out of the Army in a less-than-traditional way and the only benefit I lost was my GI Bill.

After almost 5 years of bureaucratic bull####, I finally got my hearing date to have my fully Honorable Discharge instated, so that I can finally use the GI Bill. I've got a bunch of old Army buddies flying from around the country to come to the hearing to make sure this thing goes through. With my lawyer being a retired Navy Officer, I'm looking like I'm in pretty good shape.

So- what does this all mean? The reef will no longer have any money invested in it. No new toys. No new livestock. I'm not breaking down- but at this point it looks like if I can't trade for it, it's not going to be in my system. I'm just hoping I can grow and frag enough to sustain the hobby.

Second thing is- after having my life put on pause for nearly a decade thanks to the war and the Army's bull####, it's time to think about what the hell I want to do with my life. I had been thinking of buying into the photobooth business- but that won't happen if my boss runs it into the ground before I'm ready to take the reins.

So. School in September. I'm going to be a 27 year old freshman. Full time student. No idea what the hell I'm going for. At all. So many directions I could go... Probably going to spend the first year just learning how to be a student... Haha. Suppose I'll have to figure it out as I go.

P.S. Here's the thumb today-

IMG_20120216_012148.jpg

IMG_20120216_012137.jpg

First of all thanks for serving and sorry about the Army BS. The thumb actually looks pretty good, no infection.

If you were injured on the job, work comp should take care of the cost. Every state is different as far as work comp and disability laws are concerned, so I'd do some detailed research.

Good on you for going back to school, trust me 27 is very young!!!

Just hang in there!!!

You had all that going on and you didn't mention anything other than the job situation when I saw you huh? I'm sorry to hear of all the troubles KG. If I can help in anyway, I'm here.

:grouphug:

The thumb is awful! Hope the removal of stitches tomorrow goes okay.

Ouch for the thumb! Hang in there. At least you don't have to sell your tank. Hope you get all that stuff straightened out with no more bs.

Went to the doc today. Said I need to take another 2 to 3 weeks off. Then I went to the boss and talked to him about it. Looks like this might work out to benefit us both. He doesn't have to pay me for a few weeks, so when I come back I can work full time until my trip. Woohoo.

...that reminds me of when i cut my thumb halfway off with a flat edge die grinder..still cant feel my thumb past the knuckle lol...its always pins and needles and it feels like the skin is always "hard" or tight..looks good though as far as healing.

Sorry to hear about your troubles kg. But you got the right mindset ;)

Went to the doc today. Said I need to take another 2 to 3 weeks off. Then I went to the boss and talked to him about it. Looks like this might work out to benefit us both. He doesn't have to pay me for a few weeks, so when I come back I can work full time until my trip. Woohoo.

OH YAY!

038.jpg

Came home to lots of black spots all over my clowns. More on the female than the male. Looks like they're trying to host something and it's stinging em. Hard to take photos, they don't sit still.

022.jpg

Hmm... Haven't been around during the day much this week... I'll have to see what they're up to tomorrow.

Metrokat status update: hangin' on KG's thread.

Hey did you know there are two reefers with Zoas called Metrokat?

Hmm. Rly? Pics?

I'm bored out of my mind. Anyone want a custom LED fixture? Order parts and pay shipping, and I'll build it free of charge.

Archived