Innovative Marine Aquariums

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. The vids aren't bad! I like that you have lots of small fish instead of a few big ones, looks like a real community. But I do have to say I think the copperband is my favorite. What is the fish that attacked the snail? Did it eat it? Talk about being at the right place at the right time... or does the fish do that to all intruders?

I want some of those big teal palys :flower: And those palys and zoas that are neon green are sweet.

Where's that awesome new sig of yours ;)

I've got two weeks off from work... 7am? No way. Haha.

Dude! Great vids!!

What a collection of fish! None of them seemed camera shy, you must have trained them!

Love this tank.

It's all in the ReefCleaners.org Filter Feeder Formula. They love that stuff. Not me. Haha.

I keep trying... I'm rubbing a fleece blanket on my hair, and getting lots of static zapping between me and the blanket- but when I touch metal, no spark. :huh:

I was going to make a 'one handed' joke but I don't want to get banned. I think you need to go back to the original tried and true method - shuffling like a choo-choo train in your socks, across the carpet.

Sorry to hear about the thumb. It's never good when you can see your insides on the outside, though the pictures are pretty epic.

Awesome. The vids aren't bad! I like that you have lots of small fish instead of a few big ones, looks like a real community. But I do have to say I think the copperband is my favorite. What is the fish that attacked the snail? Did it eat it? Talk about being at the right place at the right time... or does the fish do that to all intruders?

I want some of those big teal palys :flower: And those palys and zoas that are neon green are sweet.

Yup- small fish is the way to go. Lots of little ones totally beat out three big fat tangs like everyone else with a 90 gal has.

The angry fish is my dusky jawfish. Didn't eat the snail- he's just super territorial. Not in a bad way though- just completely hilarious. Sometimes a nerite or cerith slowly creeps by, and he decides to shoot out of his burrow to use the living snail to build his home. Every time the snail tries to get away, the fish puts it back. He'll hold a snail hostage for a day or two at a time.

Big teal paly's on the rock are evil. They grow too fast, and apparently have a strong sting compared to other paly's and zoas. I'm getting an mojano wand so I can zap the crap out of them. Tried Aiptasia-X, tried killing them with kalk... They just grow back days later.

I was going to make a 'one handed' joke but I don't want to get banned. I think you need to go back to the original tried and true method - shuffling like a choo-choo train in your socks, across the carpet.

Sorry to hear about the thumb. It's never good when you can see your insides on the outside, though the pictures are pretty epic.

;)

Will you have the majano wand for my visit? I'd love to zap!

Wanna pick it up in Manhattan on your way out? I'll let you kill the first aiptasia.

Yup- small fish is the way to go. Lots of little ones totally beat out three big fat tangs like everyone else with a 90 gal has.

The angry fish is my dusky jawfish. Didn't eat the snail- he's just super territorial. Not in a bad way though- just completely hilarious. Sometimes a nerite or cerith slowly creeps by, and he decides to shoot out of his burrow to use the living snail to build his home. Every time the snail tries to get away, the fish puts it back. He'll hold a snail hostage for a day or two at a time.

Big teal paly's on the rock are evil. They grow too fast, and apparently have a strong sting compared to other paly's and zoas. I'm getting an mojano wand so I can zap the crap out of them. Tried Aiptasia-X, tried killing them with kalk... They just grow back days later.

Ha that's an awesome fish.

Weird! Never heard of evil palys like that.

I think fat is leaking out of the hole in my thumb. I forget what injury this happened to me before with... But it looks real familiar. Can't wait to show Kat tomorrow.

Wanna pick it up in Manhattan on your way out? I'll let you kill the first aiptasia.

okay, where?

I think fat is leaking out of the hole in my thumb. I forget what injury this happened to me before with... But it looks real familiar. Can't wait to show Kat tomorrow.

:huh:

Weird! Never heard of evil palys like that.

No? Click here

I miss the zoo already! I'm almost home. Can't wait to see how the yellow macro looks in my RSM.

So good to see you today, thanks for the tea and my presents. Now you need a frag tree.

We forgot to have macro tea!

Awesome updates on the tank!!

...The gory pics were pretty cool too... I watched my wife's cesarean and it was also pretty neat. Funny thing though is that some things really make me queasy though, like hernias... Barf.

Anyways, I'm at work and they have a video filter, so when I go home I'll attempt to watch some of the videos.

Archived