Coral Vue Hydros

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

Frag swap delayed. Dude's kid was sick.

New tank occupants-

3x Yellow Stripe Cardinals

3x Emerald crabs

The emeralds from Reef Cleaners are getting a little big and not going after bubble algae enough- so whenever they make it easy, they're getting banned to the mantis tank.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your tank = my tank big brother lol...such a nice setup kgoldy - I'm thinking about turning my sump ino a display when I build the custom sump....yours looks so good

:o I have never had an emerald that eats bubble algae.

With the amount of bubble algae in the tank, mine are bound to graze on it... But the big ones also seem to like my coral.

Snapped some pics real quick when I got home from work so that I could post them so Kat doesn't beat me with a high heeled shoe.

New tank additions-

4 Purple/Green Martini Maxi-Minis

Copper Band Butterfly

Black Clown Goby (haven't spotted him since he went in the tank last night -_- )

New Martini Minis- I think I have 2 or 3 different morphs... Colors are a little different on each one.

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

Derasa died and was eaten by Super Tongan Nassarius snails yesterday... I picked it up and relocated it like 2 weeks ago... When I did that, about 10 bristleworms that had been hiding under it, crawled INTO the clam... I can only assume that's why it died.

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

....and I'm still waiting on Picasa to approve my video or something... It's loaded, but there's the image of a clock in it's place. It's like 10 minutes of crappy footage, but I show everything in the system... all livestock (except mantis didn't come out) and most equipment.

Look at the color in your tank now KG! I think the change to radions was perfect. The striped cardinals and chromis looks amazing, I can't wait to get them in my tank.

The grandis palys are bigger than the maxis :)

And what is that area of the tank, I see roots, is that the mangrove fuge?

Ill put away my shoe, no need for a beating I see. Ha ha.

I can't believe how pretty that tank is! And I'm so jealous of how bold your Yasha gobies are. Is that a bird I hear in the back or you have some skills I didn't know about?

Also, that was a lot of food but I can see how everything got a chance to feed including the corals at the far end. Hmm.

I can't believe how pretty that tank is! And I'm so jealous of how bold your Yasha gobies are. Is that a bird I hear in the back or you have some skills I didn't know about?

Also, that was a lot of food but I can see how everything got a chance to feed including the corals at the far end. Hmm.

The jingling noise is the dogs eating, and their tags hitting the bowls. The high pitch screeching is the lovebird.

And yeah, that's more food than I usually use... I was looking at the camera instead of the jar. -_- Oh well, more food for pods.

Also noticed that there's additional squeaking in the video of dog toys. The zoo is a noisy place. I'm glad that at least the cats are generally quiet.

Tying bells around my cats' necks would be about as good as making them wear collars made of bacon. The dogs would never leave them alone.

Here's the pics from last night of my caulerpa eating little sea slug. :wub:

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

And random fuge shots...

015.JPG

016.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

The lone surviving peppermint shrimp that hasn't been eaten by mantis yet...

021.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

aaaaand.... black clown goby is alive!

030.JPG

031.JPG

032.JPG

Did I ever show off the rock skipper? He looks like a longer, thinner version of an algae blenny. He's always trying to crawl out of the tank. The little dude is funny as hell. Very spastic and hard to take pics of.

033.JPG

034.JPG

035.JPG

036.JPG

037.JPG

038.JPG

Archived