IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

Mantis land. Where I get to see little eyes poking out of a rock once in a while. Yay. -_-

IMG_2698.JPG

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

HOB fuge slash "chaeto scrubber". Chaeto is so dense that it's water going through a sponge. Uber nutrient absorption.

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2702.JPG

I've never cleaned the acrylic on this thing... I'm leaving it up to John Maloney's snails. His new virgin nerites do a better job than anything I've put in this chamber so far... Going to stick a limpet in there when I can pry one off a rock.

IMG_2703.JPG

FSS (full system shot)

IMG_2704.JPG

IMG_2705.JPG

BTW- Took my BoostLED Mu fixture hanging legs design and improved it for the Radions.

3/4" Square aluminum tubes, plastic joints, and sprayed with semi-gloss black Krylon. Looks waaaaay nicer.

IMG_2706.JPG

IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_2708.JPG

IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2710.JPG

IMG_2711.JPG

IMG_2712.JPG

All done with pics tonight. Whew.

Man oh man I love your tank. That HOB fuge is awesome!

Can you post a better pic of the stand, I am building one and would like to see more re the display part for the mantis land as I would like to do a display SUMP.

My thoughts on Radions, after three weeks of having them on my tank...

1- Leaving them on 50% for too long (2 weeks) to avoid burning anything was a mistake. It cost me one frag of gorgeous ORA Pearlberry, 70-80% of an acro I got from East Pacific, and 30% of my biggest acro colony (the light yellow one in the pics).

2- 14k looks much nicer, and a lot more natural to me than 20k. While 20k is supposed to mimic the noon sun, it's actually the least powerful preset in terms of PAR since it's so blue heavy, and it eliminates all red and green. Not really a design flaw... But, if you want noon to be the most intense PAR of the day, you would have to neuter the lower kelvin settings if you wanted to mimic the kelvin rating (or appearance) with 20000k being high noon.

3- At 13" above the water, with a lot of surface agitation, the ripple effect looks extremely similar to that provided by MH lighting. At 9", it's a slight discoball, and highly erratic ripple effect. Going to try hazing my lenses to see if that helps. Ecotech sells pairs of lenses for $11, so it's a cheap experiment if I mess things up.

4- The appearance of my Acans has improved dramatically. Not sure if the new color is just what my eye can no perceive with the new LEDs, or if they're "coloring up" and actually changing. Either way, it's a remarkable difference... Not sure if it's apparent in photos yet.

5- SPS colors have improved, mildly, at least. Better polyp extension on most, especially after increasing the intensity of the lighting program the other day.

6- Vortech pumps seem to get confused every once in a while. I haven't messed with them too much, but it seems like when I reprogram the Radions, the pumps need to be reset to follow commands like... TURN THE #### OFF.

7- EcoTech online "community" is pretty sweet. Quick responses from tech support, and end-user suggestions on software/firmware/hardware are being considered and implemented by EcoTech. This makes me good about jumping onto a new product so early, as I'll get to watch it improve towards it's true potential over the next few months.

And it's past midnight, time for bed. More thoughts on Radion later.

Man oh man I love your tank. That HOB fuge is awesome!

Can you post a better pic of the stand, I am building one and would like to see more re the display part for the mantis land as I would like to do a display SUMP.

Better pics that what's on page 1 of this thread? ;) I've got the concept drawing, google sketchup model, and pics of the construction from bare wood... And the display sump is outlined in the link in my sig.

KG, what a kick ass tank!!! The whole thing is amazing.

Are the radions up to full blast now?

I know that the lights can be programmed with the MP's but I could never figure out what benefit that would be except the storm mode?

The lights control night mode automatically, and you can turn on feed mode through them. At the moment, storm mode hasn't yet been enabled, it's probably coming with the next update.

and Radions are up to about 85% at the highest setting. I guess I should post the curve on here later...

Btw, Candy- make sure you have enough room inside your cabinet. I don't use my skimmer mainly because it's a pain in the butt to clean.

Also, bring your tank up to a level where viewing is comfortable. My tank is too low, so you have to bend over to really appreciate it.

Also, bring your tank up to a level where viewing is comfortable. My tank is too low, so you have to bend over to really appreciate it.

QFBeing often overlooked.

Btw, Candy- make sure you have enough room inside your cabinet. I don't use my skimmer mainly because it's a pain in the butt to clean.

HAHA but I am a shorty! And I can look into it fine as is. I am planning a 30" tall stand. Thanks I will look into the first page drawings etc. Sorry was late and wasn't thinking straight!

Tank looks great BTW other then the few corals you lost some of while acclimating to the LEDs.

Love all the corals.

QFBeing often overlooked.

I need to do a google search to understand half the references in your posts... This one, google no help. :huh:

I need to do a google search to understand half the references in your posts... This one, google no help. :huh:

I've only ever known it to mean 'Quoted/ing for Truth' and that's how I use it.

Archived