Pod Your Reef

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dendro came out when the lights went off tonight... Sun, no. Black Sun, no. Tried tempting them with cyclopeeze... Didn't elicit a response.

Frogspawn is out and happy now.

RTN on one of my Jason Fox corals. :rant:

Posted on JF's MR Swap thread about the RTN... Gunna see if he'll do anything about it. It was less than 24 hrs in the tank- and everything else is doing great- so I don't know what would have taken out that one frag so fast.

What's the going rate for a used MP10? I suppose I don't need it now that I've sworn off setting up a second tank...

The mantis tank doesn't exactly need randomized flow...

What's the going rate for a used MP10? I suppose I don't need it now that I've sworn off setting up a second tank...

The mantis tank doesn't exactly need randomized flow...

I got a new never used bluebox MP10 for $165

I have seen blue boxes go all the way down to $125 and ES Mp 10 at like $180 for non wireless and like $200 or $225 for Wireless.

Also-

I want to note how awesome Foster & Smith is. I bought a MP40 wetside from them back in May, which for some reason got chewed up pretty much overnight when I first set up this tank. I pulled it since I felt there was enough flow with one MP40, and just stuck it behind the tank, forgetting it was there until this weekend when I got the new SPS...

Today, I called up to place a new order which included a new wet-side... and the F&S operator offered to replace the part for free, since I had it for less than a year. Also- she surprised me with $25 credit that I was unaware that I had... Woohoo!

I got a new never used bluebox MP10 for $165

I have seen blue boxes go all the way down to $125 and ES Mp 10 at like $180 for non wireless and like $200 or $225 for Wireless.

Sweet. Mine's Wireless ES.

What is the fish list in here?

3x Barberpoll WG

3x Yasha WG

1x Yellow Clown Goby

3x Green Clown Goby

1x Coral Beauty

2x Misbar Occ. Clowns

2x Green Mandarin

4x Blue Neon Cleaner Goby

1x Algae Blenny

5x McCosker's Flasher Wrasse

...And I think that's it...?

I likey the FTS btw.

Thanks. Now imagine when stuff actually starts growing out. ;)

Where did you get all the McCosker wrasse? One male and 4 females?

I had a heck of a time trying to find females for my male McCosker, so I got rid of him and got a Carpenter flasher male and female

Where did you get all the McCosker wrasse? One male and 4 females?

I had a heck of a time trying to find females for my male McCosker, so I got rid of him and got a Carpenter flasher male and female

Picked them out at the LFS all on the same day. Not entirely sure that all four of the smaller ones are in fact female... But they're submissive, and have been alive for months in the tank together. I did have a second large one who died of stress pretty quickly after going in the tank.

Trying to affix my GSP to the back wall of my tank has been frustrating... It's now a four inch piece of "reef candy" since it's been hanging from fishing line for so long... Which is pretty cool, but not what I want.

As a result... I'm developing a solution. A super secret ninja solution... Which after some testing... :ninja:

Deleted User 6
So JF's advice is don't dip his corals.

lol

Trying to affix my GSP to the back wall of my tank has been frustrating... It's now a four inch piece of "reef candy" since it's been hanging from fishing line for so long... Which is pretty cool, but not what I want.

As a result... I'm developing a solution. A super secret ninja solution... Which after some testing... :ninja:

I just stuck mine at the base of the wall and it grew up on its own.

1155027017_juLxT-L.jpg

I'm trying to keep it off off the rocks completely. I'm already starting to regret allowing palys, zoos and mushrooms in my tank...

When I went over to Acan Lighting last week, they had gigantic SPS colonies that were infested with shrooms...

Mine never got to the rocks. It was on the sand at the base of the wall and grew up the wall.

Ah. I'm trying to start up above the rocks, like 18" above the sandbed.

Glue to a frag plug/disk. Then glue that plug to the wall. That is what I did.

Then it grows out and over. Or in your case it would probably already be bigger than the plug to begin with.

Really old/bad shot of it. I have 2 squares of it right above my rocks sort of over there to the right. It has since spread all over to the left/right/above.

2011-03-30184450.jpg

Flip your tank on it's back for a few weeks.

Problem solved.

animalmaster6
3x Barberpoll WG

3x Yasha WG

1x Yellow Clown Goby

3x Green Clown Goby

1x Coral Beauty

2x Misbar Occ. Clowns

2x Green Mandarin

4x Blue Neon Cleaner Goby

1x Algae Blenny

5x McCosker's Flasher Wrasse

This is my type of tank!!

Any sort of aggression between tankmates? Especially between the clown gobies and flashers?

Flip your tank on it's back for a few weeks.

Problem solved.

I tried that, but the HOB fuge thing makes an annoying gurgling sound.

Glue to a frag plug/disk. Then glue that plug to the wall. That is what I did.

Then it grows out and over. Or in your case it would probably already be bigger than the plug to begin with.

Really old/bad shot of it. I have 2 squares of it right above my rocks sort of over there to the right. It has since spread all over to the left/right/above.

2011-03-30184450.jpg

My problem is that the "frag" is like 4"x5" and the water current is a bit strong. I've tried using glue and epoxy putty in different ways... Eventually it all just gets pulled off the glass.

If I didn't mind draining 20 gallons from the display, I could easily get it to stick... But I'm not that dedicated.

Edit-

Got my solution in the mail... 2 day express. Gotta love ordering supplies for the shop. Boss- "We need those by Friday!" Me- " :ninja: "

Archived