Top Shelf Aquatics

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

I couldn't snap a picture this morning... But when I walked by the tank before work I saw my original Hi-Fin Banded Goby snuggling up with TWO of my new Yashas, with TWO Randalli Pistols!!! YAAAAAAY!!! A five way pair!! Wooohoooooo! :happydance:omgomgomg

AnimalMaster would be so jealous. Gotta shoot him a PM once I get a pic.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't mean to laugh at your struggles but those post about catching the watchmen are hilarious! Loved the videos as well. Glad you were able to remove them.

Same here! I watched someone trying to catch a 6-line that would hide if he was in the room, so he rigged the line to be long enough to go around a hallway corner and then peaked around until he went in then snagged him.

Awesome reflexes on catching him man!

Oh that little Goby right behind them, Yellow Rose Goby, how do you like him? I was trying to decide between him or a Randalli Goby. Either way I would be getting a Candy Pistol shrimp.

Oh that little Goby right behind them, Yellow Rose Goby, how do you like him? I was trying to decide between him or a Randalli Goby. Either way I would be getting a Candy Pistol shrimp.

According to Live Aquaria the Randalli gets up to 4.5"

Blue Zoo says 2.5"

After watching the YWG pair grow waaaay bigger than I expected them to- I'm not taking chances with fish that could possibly get that big. My goal was peaceful community with multiple species of gobies living in the same burrows.

I love the Striped (Yellow Rose, Barberpoll, whatever you want to call them) because in my experience they're extremely tolerant of other gobies.

My first yasha and barberpoll ended up eventually sharing a burrow in my old BioCube- but it was after weeks of the yasha attacking the barberpoll... while the barberpoll just took the abuse and kept being nice until they eventually paired up.

Good news, I will go for the Barber Pole as you call it. I like the smaller ones anyways, since I already have a fish that is going to get to 5-6" and the clowns. So smaller is better.

Thanks for that! And then I could maybe get another Goby (yasha etc to and not have fish battles)

Good news, I will go for the Barber Pole as you call it. I like the smaller ones anyways, since I already have a fish that is going to get to 5-6" and the clowns. So smaller is better.

Thanks for that! And then I could maybe get another Goby (yasha etc to and not have fish battles)

If you get two, just make sure to add them at the same time. This way they're both confused and desperate for companionship at the same time like mine were. Haha.

And then......

Take that, you mother####ing goddamn piece of dog #### yellow watchman ####ing goby!! AaaaaaaaaaAAAHHHH!!!!

[takes a shot of warm vodka, lights a glass table on fire, and jumps through it]

ROFLMAO! That was hilarious.

someone-talked.jpg

Loose lips sink ships, and so- the Radion deal is no more. The dealer was smacked with the ban stick from Ecotech.

Two little Yashas- sittin in a tree (burrow)... Eh... I don't know the rest of the rhyme. But yeah, my gobies are all in love.

Video-

th_019.jpg

Very cool pipefish, are they pretty peaceful fish and easy care?

Peaceful? Very. Easy? No. They have mouths the size of an eye of a needle. Especially the babies that LA sends. I'd be surprised if they can eat cyclopeeze. I however have a great pod population, and since they're so teeny tiny, they should be alright.

Great and entertaining thread!!!! So what's the scoop on your lighting situation now?

I went by ACAN LIGHTING's headquarters today and....

...And I think automated WC is going to be my next hardware upgrade. All I need is another dollar per gallon sale so I can pick up some 55 gallon tanks to use as reservoirs.

...And I think automated WC is going to be my next hardware upgrade. All I need is another dollar per gallon sale so I can pick up some 55 gallon tanks to use as reservoirs.

Why use the tanks as reservoirs? Isn't that a little expensive for that use?

Since I'm picking up the two Radions... It ate into my self imposed limit on gifts to myself for Christmas... So I'm going to spoil the hints that I was giving to Kat.

Nano-Reef member bluebastion made a video review... And it has me sold. 100%. One day, my water will be changed. But not until it's at the press of a button. Then, after button pressing, it'll happen when I'm not even around, at least once a week from then on. :D

First time in your thread... thanks for the shout out. Let me know if you have any more questions about the system... or better yet, you can also get an answer pretty quickly straight from the source:

kkipper@genesisreefsystems.com

Kevin is a fantastic person to deal with.

BTW, I was perusing RC and found this 500 gallon setup on sale. The dude is also selling all sorts of gadgets with his tank...including a NIB Genesis Reef System PRO model...

He is selling as a combo right now, and so far 2 people have inquired about purchasing the Genesis if he parts out...

Thought it might be worth it for you to get in line?

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2101239

Petland over here in Brooklyn is having the dollar sale on tanks now,,,I'm pretty sure most of all the other ones through out the city are having it too ;)

Nice find. RC won't let me see the link for some reason though... what's his name so I can search it?

nino4u

Go to their hardware classifieds.. should be on the first page listed as: Big tank for sale with lots of pix

Kgoldy, metrokat, pbjelly and pinkdamsel went to the Manhattan Reefs Frag Swap today. Wallets have been battered. Lessons have been learned. Expect significant updates on tank threads...

Ahhh1 :ninja:

Archived