Coral Vue Hydros

Group Buy for BulkReefSupply (BRS) starting 2/1/11

paneubert

Who knows....

This is my breakdown. Some of the cheaper items were rock. So multiply the small savings 10 or 20 times. Not much, but they are things I needed/wanted. So a few bucks here and there is just a plus.

Original Mine

4.99 4.5

18.75 18.75

6.99 6.3

2.49 2.32

20.99 18.9

19.99 18

6.99 6.3

1.69 1.57

41.99 33.6

I thought that too... but what about their eco rocks? I figured that'd be eligible for a discount.

You are getting a rock discount. They are giving you the discounted price you would pay if you bought a ton at once. At least for me they are....but I am not ordering a ton. So maybe if you already met the large amount minimum....then the discount is already there.....

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI, it looks like they are just giving you the max discount you'd get by ordering 3+ of things. For example, pre-group buy the Refratometer Calibration solution was $6.99, or $6.30 if you bought 3 or more.

Now, with the group buy, they are giving it to me for $6.30

I am getting that too, paneubert. As mentioned in the previous post, I now see the discounts. I had already received the discounted price because I had 50 pounds in my cart. Looks like John at reefcleaners can save me another $26 for base rock.

I am getting that too, paneubert. As mentioned in the previous post, I now see the discounts. I had already received the discounted price because I had 50 pounds in my cart. Looks like John at reefcleaners can save me another $26 for base rock.

I gotta admit that sucks....... I would have hoped that for the rock, they would give a Group Buy discount and then also discount it due to a larger weight ordered. But I assume they do have a bottom line they need to make and the "double" discount could cripple them if they were already barely making any money on rock sales.

But lets keep it positive! If you are like me, you needed the items anyway and the Group Buy was just icing on the cake in terms of a slight price break. I am sad I spent so much money, but know I would have paid slightly more if I went elsewhere.

I gotta admit that sucks....... I would have hoped that for the rock, they would give a Group Buy discount and then also discount it due to a larger weight ordered. But I assume they do have a bottom line they need to make and the "double" discount could cripple them if they were already barely making any money on rock sales.

But lets keep it positive! If you are like me, you needed the items anyway and the Group Buy was just icing on the cake in terms of a slight price break. I am sad I spent so much money, but know I would have paid slightly more if I went elsewhere.

Hey - I like BRS. I think they run a good business. And I do appreciate you putting the group buy together.

With that said, their sales pitch was "Most items are discounted" and it seems to not be the case. I'm still placing an order - it's just a lot smaller and I'm not as excited about it as I was yesterday.

Any interest in totaling up what we spent as a group? I just dropped $252.92. (It would have been nearly $900 if they discounted the other things I wanted).

For anyone looking for discounts on digital aquatics/vortechs/etc... SoCal Tropical is doing 10% off, you can take the screenshot of the cart and get your favorite price-matcher to match it.

So, all you have to do is post one message on an internet forum to get a discount on a huge number of items for your hobby? You don't have to buy 20 of the same item to get the discount?

Seriously, BRS is offering what they can, and I think it's awesome that they even entertain a discount method such as this.

So, all you have to do is post one message on an internet forum to get a discount on a huge number of items for your hobby? You don't have to buy 20 of the same item to get the discount?

Seriously, BRS is offering what they can, and I think it's awesome that they even entertain a discount method such as this.

Agreed. I think the point is that we all had high hopes of 10-20% off things like Vortech's/RKLs/etc... since the group buy says most things are discounted, but that wasn't the case. Other point being that had they found a way to discount these items, they would have had a lot more sales today.

No matter what it's a sweet deal and much thanks to BRS and paneubert for making it happen. I know I saved about $40 on things I was waiting to order, but was waiting for a discount/coupon/etc...

The rest of the items will have to wait for the same thing.

157.43 with shipping. I assume the rock made my shipping higher.....

$20 more and you would have had free shipping!

Yeah.....but that 20 bucks would have also had to be raised by another 30 since that is what shipping cost me ;) I did not see the justification in spending 50 to save 30. Although that would have been a sweet discount on a product......DANG IT!!!!!!!!

157.43 with shipping. I assume the rock made my shipping higher.....

shipping 50lbs of rock to Austin (78756) was about $45 for me. I'm waiting until tomorrow to order, so I can think hard about what I want to buy to bump my total to $175 for free shipping.

My savings item by item as a percentage of retail are listed below.

".90" means 10% off and "1" means I paid retail.....

So I averaged 9.264% off my order. ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand......It just shipped and I have a tracking number. How is that for a fast turnaround?

qwiksilver711
great deals on the RO/DI stuff, wish the build your own had a discount tho

this sucks, the 5 stage plus is sold out now... i was going to order it, but am unable to for the next 6 horus

this sucks, the 5 stage plus is sold out now... i was going to order it, but am unable to for the next 6 horus

Glad I got mine in earlier. Just got an email, my 5-stage plus is OTW.

qwiksilver711
Glad I got mine in earlier. Just got an email, my 5-stage plus is OTW.

thanks for twisting the knife a bit, i needed that lol... grumble grumble omgomgomg

Bah! The deluxe reactors were available for just a few minutes. Who's the ninja who stole them out from under me? :ninja:

Just got an email back- deluxe is gone for weeks, if not months. =[ Looks like I'm buying regular...

My shopping cart is about $1,200 right now. I'll post a list with full savings when I order tomorrow by phone.

They do price matching, by the way! So if you want any of the top of the line products that they don't do GB discounts on... call them. For example:

Eheim 1262 - $154.99 @ aloha-aquariums.com

Reefkeeper L3 w/ Net - $360.99 @ premiumaquatics.com

Tunze Osmolator 3155 - $173.99 Aquariumspecialty.com

Wow, I did not actually think things would go out of stock so quick. I was joking when I was making those comments earlier.......I wonder if they would tell me how many people are Group Buying this week if I asked. They did say they had an "inordinate number of them slated"....but that was Friday. So assuming more came to them over the weekend.....they might have a crapton of people buying all starting today.

Archived