Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Group Buy for BulkReefSupply (BRS) starting 2/1/11

paneubert

qwiksilver711
Wow, I did not actually think things would go out of stock so quick. I was joking when I was making those comments earlier.......I wonder if they would tell me how many people are Group Buying this week if I asked. They did say they had an "inordinate number of them slated"....but that was Friday. So assuming more came to them over the weekend.....they might have a crapton of people buying all starting today.

its darn irritating... i dont want to have to wait for the march group buy to get an ro/di... i emailed them, and hopefully they will let me know when they will be instock soon. if not i guess i'll buy from another vendor

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The RODI of all things they shouldnt run out of. They can just put together more :lol:

You would think so.....but for a time last week they were out of their kalk starter kit.....which is just a combo of other products the sell.....that were all in stock ;) So go figure.

HecticDialectics
You would think so.....but for a time last week they were out of their kalk starter kit.....which is just a combo of other products the sell.....that were all in stock ;) So go figure.

lol well there ya go

Here's the group buy price, along with price matching (see price match tool in my sig)

BRS Pukani Dry Eco Aquarium Live Rock-------------------------75lbs-----$239.25

1.75 Pounds (794 Grams) Bulk GFO High Capacity Ferric Oxide------1---------$48.00

1 Gallon - 3 Pounds Premium ROX 0.8 Aquarium Carbon-----------1---------$36.00

Auto Shut Off Kit for Reverse Osmosis Systems--------------------1----------$20.00

Tunze 3155 Osmolator Universal (Auto Top Off) *NEW* w / magnet---1--------$173.99

Dry Live Rock Rubble-----------------------------------------10--------$15.70

ReefKeeper NET Internet Module - Digital Aquatics-----------------1--------$118.99

ReefKeeper Lite L3 PLUS - Digital Aquatics------------------------1--------$242.00

Membrane Flush Kit------------------------------------------1-----------$8.00

BRS GFO and Carbon Reactor----------------------------------2----------$68.00

Eheim 1262 Universal Aquarium Pump 900GPH-------------------1---------$154.99

Subtotal $1,124.92

Shipping & Handling $0.00

Grand Total $1,124.92

Without Group Buy or Price-Matching:

Grand Total $1,306.53

Total Amount Saved: $181.61

...That savings will cover heaters, sand, plumbing... And my new project is ready to rock!

I could have saved a few bucks if I bought the Pukani last week while it was on sale... Not much though.

How can I get add to this. I need to get test kits from Salifert . Calcium, Alkalinity, Mag, and Nitrate test kit.

Also I may need to look in a ro/di unit w/pressure pump to compensate of low water pressure.

qwiksilver711

I dont know if we are still keeping track, but i finally got around to getting the 5 stage plus ro/di, paid 180 shipped, 19.99 discount. and i'm not going to complain about that. we are lucky we have companies willing to deal with the hassle of a group buy, and give us those discounts.

irondragon013

Just placed my order. I saved around $25 on my order. The big thing was a reef octopus bh-1000 skimmer that was 10% off. I can't beat that with a stick lol

Picked up some reef chili, and NLS pellets. Saved a 5 spot. Was going to pick up salifert tests, but I'll hold off on that. Preferred customer now anyway.

I'm just happy that the refractometer is finally back in stock. Grab it while you can for $36 w/ free calibration solution.

edit: forgot to add, got these three items for $60 shipped.

It h has already started, so you will need to join the group buy for march. The ro do stuff is 10% off on some of it already

Not true; you can e-mail them and be added to the group buy during the week of purchase.

As per the e-mail from Jon at BRS:

If someone missed the original signup: they are free to sign up at any time before the group buy ends.

Just create a BRS account, and then email GroupBuys@BulkReefSupply.com

UPS tracking info...

51.60 LBS

37.70 LBS

42.20 LBS

That delivery guy is going to be pissed. :rant:

Now unless they used a ton of peanuts to pack my rock... It looks like I'll have a few extra pounds to get rid of. :happydance:

Yeah....mine were..

18.70 LBS - 15 pounds of rock. So maybe I got more than the 15?

23.70 LBS - I assume 5 pounds of rubble I ordered and the other dry items I got (reference solution, 2 part dosing kit, some glue).

2.70 LBS - 2 36 inch bulbs.

Archived