inTank Media Baskets

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tank looks delicious Schreiba. How's vacation?! :lol:

Thanks iball! I'm headed there right now :happy:

schreib - how do you keep your mp10 from blowing the sand everywhere?

I have it on lagoon mode and I think it's on the 5th light/dot. It blew around a lot when my tank was young but the sand tends to not blow around anymore. You can try adjusting the position of the MP10 or just wait and I'm sure eventually your sand will settle down.

+1

what do you have it set on?

I hope that answer helped ;)

teamschreiba
How is Aruba going Schreiba? :)

It was great! I got a chance to snorkel and see a lot of cool fish and some corals too :happy:

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I love the short pulse mode but it seems to blow so much sand all over my cup coral....

Yeah I used to run reef crest and found it really blew the sand around. I hope it works out for you!

Thanks!

it was helpful

You're very welcome!

teamschreiba

Just installed a two little fishies phosban reactor in my sump the other day because I felt running the carbon passively in a bag in the filter sock just wasn't cutting it and I had a giftcard to drsfosterandsmith :P My sump is really starting to fill up now too...

Just installed a two little fishies phosban reactor in my sump the other day because I felt running the carbon passively in a bag in the filter sock just wasn't cutting it and I had a giftcard to drsfosterandsmith :P My sump is really starting to fill up now too...

shows us photos

shows us photos

I'll try and take some tomorrow and get them up! I cleaned my glass really well the other day too so once I clean the MAME I'll try and get an FTS up too.

I also have some good news and some bad... Unfortunately I lost my clam :( I think it was due to a swing in salinity when I went on vacation and the clam just couldn't recover from it. Luckily I didn't lose anything else to the swing so I guess I should consider myself lucky. But last weekend I picked up a nice pink/red pocillopora mini-colony for $10 at my LFS :happy: And my carbon reactor seems to be working really well because my sand looks much whiter than it ever has and my water is even more crystal clear.

I lost a clam the same way

It was my favorite piece :(

I think it was the saddest thing to see die slowly over a 2 day period , it just melts

Ok me talking about this probably isn't helping you sorry

I lost a clam the same way

It was my favorite piece :(

I think it was the saddest thing to see die slowly over a 2 day period , it just melts

Ok me talking about this probably isn't helping you sorry

Yeah the same thing happened to mine except I think it was a 3-4 day period and there's nothing you can do :(

Sorry for the loss. I was amazed by the tank over the weekend.

Thanks man, I appreciate it! It's always nice to have someone see your tank in person! I think you were the first from N-R too :P

How big was the salinity swing? Can you be accurate?

Plz. :flower:

Unfortunately I didn't even bother to check the salinity levels I just immediately began slowly bringing them down since I knew I had to get the water back to the level of the sensor in my sump. I think I was down about 3/4 gallon of RO/DI total so I can imagine it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.028-1.030. A couple of the tips of my ponape birdsnest burned and I had to break them off but other than that I didn't have any problems other than the clam. That's why I don't think it could have gotten any higher than around 1.030. Sorry I can't help you out!

Tomorrow is the day! fingerscrossed

Yes it is!! I'm excited for you but nervous at the same time haha

Well you can always try again! Are you thinking about picking up another?

True! I probably won't go out of my way to get one though. If there's one that really gets my attention at my LFS or there's a great deal then I could see getting another but I feel like I'm going to mainly focus on SPS right now. I've been thinking about breaking up the rock on the left side of my tank recently too...

No no that's totally fine, I'll assume your guestimate is correct since you know your system better then anyone else. I was just wondering is all...

Thanks! And sorry for your loss. :(

No no that's totally fine, I'll assume your guestimate is correct since you know your system better then anyone else. I was just wondering is all...

Thanks! And sorry for your loss. :(

Thanks Zero!

Looks great! Question: What high setting and what mode do you have your MP10 on? I have a 24x24 and when I turned it past five LEDs it seemed too strong.

i jelly brad got to see your tank in person. dang you brad!!!

Haha too bad you're not a little closer to come take a look :P

No I know they'll come in safely.

I hope :scarry::D

I just read your thread :( I know the GSP will be okay because it was shipped priority to me without a heat pack I think too. It didn't open for a week but it did open eventually and you can see how it grew lol

Archived