inTank Media Baskets

Lani's Clownfish Breeding Thread

Lalani

Thanks Chris. :flower:

Filling the growout setup with RO/DI! It's going faster than I thought so I think it'll be full and ready for heat and salt by Friday. Yay!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tank temp was rock steady at 84F.

Is that how warm you keep your fry tanks? I'm running mine at around 81.5 - I wonder if I should bump them up a bit.

Yup! Not sure how much difference the slightly higher temp makes though. :unsure:

I keep mine low too. I read somewhere that ammonia is less toxic at lower temps and more dangerous at higher. No clue if it's true though.

Thanks, but good news, growout setup is complete and home to 103 onyx juvies. :)

Another batch should hatch tonight and I'm getting things ready so I can pull the pot tonight.

IMG_6565.jpg

IMG_6589.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

Enough space on the top shelf to put two more 10gal tanks and I'll try to fix the leaky 4th 30gal tank.

I'll eventually plumb all the broodstock tanks together into that purple tub.

The juvies seem happy! :)

IMG_6583.jpg

IMG_6580.jpg

IMG_6579.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg

IMG_6571.jpg

IMG_6569.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6557.jpg

Looking good!!!

That set up is coming along really nice. I love it. And WOW you have some nice babies there girl.

nicely done kim,,, question where in the world did you find that black rubbermaid sump?? i cant find one locally anywhere!!!

Thanks guys!

Thats really cool, the clowns look awesome!! PM me if youre selling and shipping soon.

Will be selling some soon!

nicely done kim,,, question where in the world did you find that black rubbermaid sump?? i cant find one locally anywhere!!!

Tractor Supply Co.! That is the 40gal tub. Oh, and I caught the snowflake doing some real pot cleaning yesterday. Only briefly but we're still headed in the right direction! :D

And the hatch went great last night. A ton of little buggers swimming around right now with maybe only 25 dead eggs left on the pot and maybe 10 dead on the bottom. The rest look great! :happydance:

FLNanoReefer

That is a awesome set up. Do you have a diagram of the plumbing?

Also, how much will you be selling each clown for? Thanks.

Lalani,

I noticed that some of your juvie Onyx already have alot of black between their first and second stripe, but many have none at all. Will all of them color up as Onyx eventually, or are they like Picassos where some will have the variant, and others will just look like typical Perculas?

Just curious if Onyx is a variant , or if they are a true species.

They look great :D

That is a awesome set up. Do you have a diagram of the plumbing?

Also, how much will you be selling each clown for? Thanks.

No, sorry, I don't have a diagram of the plumbing!

I'll be selling them $30/each or $55/pair. :)

Lalani,

I noticed that some of your juvie Onyx already have alot of black between their first and second stripe, but many have none at all. Will all of them color up as Onyx eventually, or are they like Picassos where some will have the variant, and others will just look like typical Perculas?

Just curious if Onyx is a variant , or if they are a true species.

They look great :D

Yup, the onyx is a variant! Something like 1 out of 3 offspring from an onyx pair will show the onyx coloration and the rest will look like regular percs. :)

They hatched on December 23, so 3.5 months old. I've got at least two that are going onyx already. :D

In the process of making tops for all the tanks right now. I've cut the eggcrate to fit the tanks, then cut them in half so I can remove half to feed/clean/catch. Now I'm going to glue on a screen fabric that will close in all the gaps. I'll take pics!

Archived