inTank Media Baskets

Lani's Clownfish Breeding Thread

Lalani

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good, busy. How about you? :flower:

Same! Glad to see you're still around. :)

Wow that is cool! Congrats on the success!! What kinda tanks are those square ones and where did you get them? They look like great frag tanks :)

Thanks! The square tanks are 24x24x12 and I got them from a local reefer. I origonally intended to use them for frag tanks, but decided not to. So why not repurpose them for this! :D

wtf? That doesn't look the same as my fish ball soup:

My babies will not go in any soup! :angry:

Though it does look yummy....

And closer to getting the setup going (marco rocks cycling in purple tub on the left):

IMG_5260.jpg

Just need to buy the pvc and hook it all up for a test run. Going to take the measurements today!

srs lani is srs. :eek:

I might try raising some sexy shrimp if mine start producing eggs again, but other than that, I'm not sure. Once I start school again I might not have much time to explore different species let alone keep up with the two or three clown pairs I'll have. We'll see where it goes!

U is alivez

:lol: yep.

Same! Glad to see you're still around. :)

Thanks.

screw school, breeding fish will make you MILLIONS!!!! :bling:

This. ;)

Geez, I wish! :P

So, found a dead juvie yesterday and one today........ Everything tests fine, there aren't even any nitrates present (I do water changes every few days). No outward signs of something wrong, not sure what happened to them... continuing to keep a close eye on them. :/

Damn, they do tend to fight often, but it's usually very brief. Is this really common or would that calm down if they were in a larger tank?

Wait so, I know people have been calling dibs on babies... But they're all behind members of Lani's Sexy Club, right? Better get yourselves some Thors, gentlemen. Me first!

Damn, they do tend to fight often, but it's usually very brief. Is this really common or would that calm down if they were in a larger tank?

It amazed me how soon they started establishing a pecking order. I don't know if a larger tank will help at all - mine all did it regardless of how much room they had.

Wait so, I know people have been calling dibs on babies... But they're all behind members of Lani's Sexy Club, right? Better get yourselves some Thors, gentlemen. Me first!

Lol, sorry buddy but back of the line for you! :P

It amazed me how soon they started establishing a pecking order. I don't know if a larger tank will help at all - mine all did it regardless of how much room they had.

I've heard, maybe from here, that keeping them somewhat crowded is supposed to help lessen or spread aggression. I dunno! But thankfully there haven't been any other losses.

Big mama is HUGNORMOUS and it looks like they'll lay this evening. If these eggs look a lot better, I'll give them a try. :)

Spot is working on more spots, lol:

IMG_5639.jpg

And a bunch of these guys are already starting to show black!:

IMG_5621.jpg

Current batch of eggs should be hatching Wednesday night.. They looked pale when they were laid but I still might give them a try. I've been feeding the parents a ton and hopefully we'll see better quality eggs in the next month or so.

Also, finally got around to working on plumbing the growout tanks. The drain pipe is all cut out and fit together, just need to clean it all up and glue it together and hang it. I'm about to go out there and start on the return piping, weeeee! Hopefully we'll have it all hooked up and testing/cleaning before the end of the week. Don't worry, I'll have pics for you guys. :)

Archived