ReefCleaners.org

Lani's Clownfish Breeding Thread

Lalani

FLNanoReefer
you should, it would be fun, how many pairs do you plan on having and what do you think your broodstock system will look like?

I am going to use 20L's split in half. I will have 3 of them and then a 20H for a GSM pair. I hope to eventually have 7 or more pairs:

- Black and White Ocellaris Pair

- Ocellaris Pair

- True Percula Pair

- Onyx Pair

- Premium Picasso Pai

- Premium Snowflake Pair

- Black and White Ocellaris/Premium Snowflake Pair

- Gold Stripe Maroon Pair

- Black and White Ocellaris (Wild Caught Darwin)/Onyx Percula Pair

I also want a Platinum, Naked Ocellaris, and Midnight Ocellaris Pair but they are way off in the future. I will be acquiring these pairs slowly one I have the system set up. I already have the B&W pair in my display. They are starting to show some good pre-spawining behaviors.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to use 20L's split in half. I will have 3 of them and then a 20H for a GSM pair. I hope to eventually have 7 or more pairs:

- Black and White Ocellaris Pair

- Ocellaris Pair

- True Percula Pair

- Onyx Pair

- Premium Picasso Pai

- Premium Snowflake Pair

- Black and White Ocellaris/Premium Snowflake Pair

- Gold Stripe Maroon Pair

- Black and White Ocellaris (Wild Caught Darwin)/Onyx Percula Pair

I also want a Platinum, Naked Ocellaris, and Midnight Ocellaris Pair but they are way off in the future. I will be acquiring these pairs slowly one I have the system set up. I already have the B&W pair in my display. They are starting to show some good pre-spawining behaviors.

Sounds awesome! I will have to reaserch breeding in a tear or two, I wanna start breeding my ONyx pair when I gt them
FLNanoReefer
Sounds awesome! I will have to reaserch breeding in a tear or two, I wanna start breeding my ONyx pair when I gt them

Yes. The only problem right now is finding the funds to start the project. :angry:

Yes. The only problem right now is finding the funds to start the project. :angry:

Eah hoe mug do you think a full scale breeding project would cost?

FLNanoReefer
Eah hoe mug do you think a full scale breeding project would cost?

Right now the broodstock system is looking to cost $800 -$1000. The growout is about the same and hatching is around $300. This is for a small scale hatchery too.

Right now the broodstock system is looking to cost $800 -$1000. The growout is about the same and hatching is around $300. This is for a small scale hatchery too.

Wow that's a lot!! Won't be starting anytime soon!!! Or I might jut start with one pair and nit tons and tons, or maybe just two pairs. For my setup for one pair I woul have, for broodstok a 10g tank, then for hatchery a 10g and for GO a 29g, if two pairs, one 20L tank split the. For hatchery I woul have two 10s and then for GO two 29s

FLNanoReefer
Wow that's a lot!! Won't be starting anytime soon!!! Or I might jut start with one pair and nit tons and tons, or maybe just two pairs. For my setup for one pair I woul have, for broodstok a 10g tank, then for hatchery a 10g and for GO a 29g, if two pairs, one 20L tank split the. For hatchery I woul have two 10s and then for GO two 29s

That sounds good. The most costly part for me is going to be the skimmer and return pump. The LR is going to be a lot too.

I just saw this pair of Half Black Sanjay's Photon clowns on Live Aquaria: Diver's Den Section. They look pretty nice.

That sounds good. The most costly part for me is going to be the skimmer and return pump. The LR is going to be a lot too.

I just saw this pair of Half Black Sanjay's Photon clowns on Live Aquaria: Diver's Den Section. They look pretty nice.

Yeah I see how that could get costly, thanks!!!! Those look awesome! JBJ I just don't have the money :( I need to get a job

FLNanoReefer
Yeah I see how that could get costly, thanks!!!! Those look awesome! JBJ I just don't have the money :( I need to get a job

Yes. It is quite costly. I hope to get the broodstock system set up this summer though with at least 1 of the 20L's.

Yes. It is quite costly. I hope to get the broodstock system set up this summer though with at least 1 of the 20L's.

Should be vey fun and prosperous

FLNanoReefer
Should be vey fun and prosperous

Yes it should. I am hoping to get my aquaculture permit and start a small business.

Yes it should. I am hoping to get my aquaculture permit and start a small business.

Haha at leSt I don't have to get a permit when I get a small breeding project going :D

FLNanoReefer
Haha at leSt I don't have to get a permit when I get a small breeding project going :D

Why not?

FLNanoReefer
I live in Arkansas and there is no law like florid or cali

Cool. I kind of stinks for me because I can't start selling until someone inspects the facility and certifies it. It also costs $100 per year and thy are only good from July to June. How did you know I lived in FL or CA?

Cool. I kind of stinks for me because I can't start selling until someone inspects the facility and certifies it.

Yeab I see, you in florda right?

Can't you two have this conversation in a general breeding thread or PM instead of filling up 2 pages of Kims thread :mellow:

Yes. How did you know? :huh:

Cause FL I one of the only states you uav to hav an aquaculture permit

Sorry Lani if we were bothering you, I was curious, you never answered my question so me and tenniswildcat started talking, I guess I will leave like every othe thread I'm never welcomed into

FLNanoReefer
Cause FL I one of the only states you uav to hav an aquaculture permit

Sorry Lani if we were bothering you, I was curious, you never answered my question so me and tenniswildcat started talking, I guess I will leave like every othe thread I'm never welcomed into

I'm sorry too. I guess it kind of got out of hand.

Lalani, We need some pictures of the baby clowns. How are they doing? Have you hatched any new eggs?

Archived