Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

I think I am definitely going to get another goby/shrimp pair and put them in the 14 gallon. I miss watching that relationship.

I am almost positive the snail is a pyramid snail but Newman wanted me to post a pic to see if it might be something other than a pyramid snail. The reason I think it was a pyramid snail is because I have been picking tons of these tiny white devil snails off of my maxima shell for the past month.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

idk why i keep confusing sundial snails with pyramid snails...both are bad though so it works to be cautious about both of them. The ones you have are surely pyramid snails, so you will definitely want to keep picking them off.

idk why i keep confusing sundial snails with pyramid snails...both are bad though so it works to be cautious about both of them. The ones you have are surely pyramid snails, so you will definitely want to keep picking them off.

Thats what I figured. you wouldn't beleive how many of these bastard snails I have pulled off of the maxima. Using the tooth brush last time helped a lot becuase I haven't seen any snails in the past 4 days and my maxima looks the happiest it has looked in a while. It makes me wonder if the pyramids had anything to do with the death of my derasa. I checked it everyday as well for snails but never saw any. I was never able to check the foot though so It makes me wonder.

yes, maybe they ate their way into the clam :(

I think that might be what happened. I really can't think of anything else that would have caused the random death of the derasa. I will not stop until I crush every pyramid snail in my tank. I want to know what they came in on. I dip everything, not only once but twice at least. at least once at the store where I get all of my stuff and once before it goes into my tank. I also dip if I'm moving something from my 3 to the 14 gallon. Doesnt make sense at all...

they likely came from either snails or clams. they prefer molluscs i think.

Also i would be interested in a frag of that merletti, and i would not be interested in selling my welsi colony just yet lol. I think I'll let it grow a bit more. maybe someday it will make it into a large tank if i set one up. I want to see how old this blasto can get before i either sell it or something bad happens to it.(it is a pretty sensitive sucker)

You know what you just made me realize...I have been having a stupid amount of my snails just die lately. Its like I cant keep them alive in my tank anymore. Do you think this is the pyramid snails as well?

that too, but it could be the pyramid snails. i remember someone on here had trouble keeping snails and later found out that there was a mollusk eating flatworm in their tank. maybe some people have trouble keeping snails because of parasites and predators?

I doubt it. Some people just have rotten luck with snails. -_-

I have kept snails in this tank with no problem up until recently. Up until I started having issues with pyramid snails...

Hopefully you can get the pyramid snails under control. I really am digging your scoly. I am looking for one here but LFS want like 180 for one and im not willing to pay that. I guess i need to get a job at a fish store to get the employee discount. Tank is looking great tho. I like the toadstool and clam. How much did you get the clam for?

I think the clam was $40 with my employee discount. Not a bad deal at all considering its a gold maxima which usually go for about $80. If I didnt have the employee hook up I wouldnt have the scoly in my tank thats for sure. Its an amazing coral but definitely not $180 cool. I'm really thinking about trying to get my hands on an ADA 60-F and transferring everything over to that because I have really gotten a little bored with the pico. Its going to be a while until I can set up the 120 gallon so I need something to hold me over until then.

ADA tanks are really nice but it seems like a no-no to paint the back and that would be the first thing i would do haha. I wish I could get an employee discount on corals haha.

ADA tanks are really nice but it seems like a no-no to paint the back and that would be the first thing i would do haha. I wish I could get an employee discount on corals haha.

Well i would be doing a peninsula style tank with the ADA so i wouldn't have to paint much. Maybe ill make a tank. I haven't done that yet.

Nooo, keep the pico! Do an ADA too ... but keep the pico =0)

I really don't want to take down the Pico but i don't think ill be allowed to have 5 tanks at the house lol. Ill have tobtakebone down.

OK so we decided we want to set up a 40 with a 40 sump. Peninsula style. We decided smaller is better right now since we have the human frag on the way. I'm going to make a coast to coast overflow for it and build a stand. I'm keeping the Pico up because my fiance won't allow me to take it down.

Sweet. Are you going for a standard 40 or 40 breeder?

definitely a 40 breeder. This was the setup I originally wanted to do and then we ordered the 120 gallon because we both wanted to be able to keep more fish. I love the dims of the 40 breeder and one of my buddies has a 40 peninsula and I love it. This will hold us over until we have the funds and time to set up the 120. I think it will be cool to do that setup with the kid once they are big enough.

You didnt even bother to save him...lol

I didn't see the murder from the beginning. I probably walked up about half way through the crime being committed. I tried snatching the poor little guy out but the scoly wouldn't let go and i didn't want to hurt the scoly. My snails are being taken out one by one.

Im just messing with you bud i know your not coldhearted ;)

It was actually pretty funny to watch lol. Now all I'm wondering it what the heck happens to the shell...

Archived