ReefCleaners.org

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

My room mate has a go pro so we decided to try it out on my tank. This is just a quick video that we took to see if there was any potential with this little camera. I will definitely be taking a better video later on but this is something to hold everyone over until then. let me know what you think.

th_008.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i LOVE your tank :wub:

it has many of my favs in it

and i love the tiny zoas, when you get that frag tank going, you'll have to let me know when you have a frag of them!

Thanks ash I appreciate it. What are your favorites that I have in there? I wish my frag tank was already up so I could have some stuff in there growing out. I'll definitely let you know when I have a frag of those tiny zoas ready. They are kind of finicky so I'm trying to figure out what flow/light they like the best.

I stayed up last night about an hour after my lights turned off so I could catch all the little a hole pyramid snails that I didn't see the night before. I pulled about 10 tiny snails off of my maximas shell and some egg sacks. Pyramid snails suck! I'm going to keep repeating this process until I don't see any more.

:wub:

Nice Tank

is that a Scoly in there? like the colors. And do i see clams?! in a 3 gallon?

Wow

Thanks frost I appreciate the compliment. That is a bleeding heart scoly and yes you do see clams in there. Ones a derasa and the other is a maxima. They have done surprisingly well despite what others say. They will eventually be moved to my larger system though since they are definitely going to out grow this tank.

Love the goPro video, needs to be longer/slower with some music over it and would be epic!

That scoly really stands out nicely.

The video was just a Teat to see how it would come out. I will definitely be doing a longer more planned out video with some music though. Stay tuned, I'm hoping it turns out really nice. As far as the scoly standing out you are correct, its the first thing you see when you loook at the tank. The colors are amazing in real life.

Thanks ash I appreciate it. What are your favorites that I have in there? I wish my frag tank was already up so I could have some stuff in there growing out. I'll definitely let you know when I have a frag of those tiny zoas ready. They are kind of finicky so I'm trying to figure out what flow/light they like the best.

neon green toadstool, fungia, candy cane...

i want a pompom soo bad but i'm not sure I will be able to find one around here. I didn't know that ones shipped often don't have their poms :(

Happy belated birthday to this pico!

I love the red mithrax, too cute.

For nps? Tubasteraea faulkneri would look very awesome in your tank. It's got more opaque tentacles that other species & the color is a wicked orange yellow.

I hope my picos last a year. :)

L

neon green toadstool, fungia, candy cane...

i want a pompom soo bad but i'm not sure I will be able to find one around here. I didn't know that ones shipped often don't have their poms :(

The toadstool and the candy cane were two of my first corals. They have lasted the whole time in my tank. The orange plate has been in there for a while too and it is still one of my favorites. I love the pom pom when I see him. It's hilarious to watch him wave his nems at the other tank inhabitants.

Happy belated birthday to this pico!

I love the red mithrax, too cute.

For nps? Tubasteraea faulkneri would look very awesome in your tank. It's got more opaque tentacles that other species & the color is a wicked orange yellow.

I hope my picos last a year. :)

L

Thanks lljdma06. It amazes me that I have kept this tank up and healthy this long. Now the real challenge is keeping up and healthy past this point, or so I've heard. I love my red Mithras he has such a cool don't mess with me personality. He is actually reaching towards the camera in that picture lol. I will definitely look at getting my hands on the nps you mentioned. Nps is something I have never attempted and I really want a new challenge. I think you will have no issues keeping your tanks up for a year or more ;)

Thanks lljdma06. It amazes me that I have kept this tank up and healthy this long. Now the real challenge is keeping up and healthy past this point, or so I've heard. I love my red Mithras he has such a cool don't mess with me personality. He is actually reaching towards the camera in that picture lol. I will definitely look at getting my hands on the nps you mentioned. Nps is something I have never attempted and I really want a new challenge. I think you will have no issues keeping your tanks up for a year or more ;)

I got very lucky with my nps. When my lfs got them, the owner spent the better part of a month feeding them and training them to open when lights are on. Many don't take the time to do this and you have to coax the sun coral to eat and that's a process, or you get a starving coral that isn't very healthy. Because she did this, I have sun corals that consistently open and eat. The challenge with them is keeping the water clean yet providing a ton of food. I don't regret starting out with them, even though I'm just starting out with SW, but I'm used to planted tanks, so I'm already heavy-handed with maintenance and was always fiddling with water quality and such. I was used to it. She's still working on a red sun for me. I've had that on hold for almost 2 months. It opens a little, but not enough where she feels confident selling it. She'll ask for pictures of my suns too and she's very happy that mine are staying open.

I sure hope so. I've worked very hard on my systems. Lots of inspiration in this forum. I feel great posting here.

L

The cool thing is I work part time at a fish store so I think I am going to have some nps ordered and me and the manager will work on training them. That way I can have my pick of the best one and then we will have trained nps to sell.

this makes me want a 3g jbj

If my tank has made you want a 3 gal jbj I have accomplished what I never thought I would, inspiring someone with my tank lol. Get one jrmiller I have loved mine from the start.

You guys probably can't tell but this clam has grown so much since is has been in the tank. I have posted similar pics to this one but even since the last pic it has grown quite a bit.

IMAG0481.jpg

I can tell. A very happy clam. :D

And people said I we were crazy for having clams in this size tank. He is doing great, so it my maxima. The maxima just doesn't have as much noticeable growth.

Archived