Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

And people said I we were crazy for having clams in this size tank. He is doing great, so it my maxima. The maxima just doesn't have as much noticeable growth.

People say I'm crazy too for some of the stuff I do with my tanks. It's ok. :)

How long have you had the clams?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had the derasa in the tank since 8/4/11 and the maxima since 9/29/11. Here's a pic of the first day the derasa was in the tank and a pic from today for comparison.

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

Anyone have any ideas why my captain America paly is staying closed? He opens a tiny bit bit other than that he stays closed for the most part. It has a tiny polyp that opens all the way but I can't figure out why the large one won't.

The clam really has grown. Thats pretty awesome. Cant say much about the paly since I dont have it. My green palys seem to close a lot when they are sprouting and new head though. So maybe thats it.

for some reason certain palys and zoas do not do very well in my tank. For the past week my new capt america paly wasnt doing very good so I moved it into some shade and it pretty much instantly opened up. I was also seeing some fading color from my rpe paly's so I actually moved those down to my 14 gallon bio cube to see how they do in that tank. I am beginning to think that the light I am using is a little too much light. Can you guys think of any other reasons I would be having these issues?

One of my feather dusters is an idiot and moved right next to my blastos. Can the crown of my duster get stung by the blastos or is it not an issue?

I have been noticing alot of the dark red coraline algae popping up in my tank lately but it's really weird because it is only growing in shaded areas. I didn't see any in areas where there is direct light. Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be?

I have been noticing alot of the dark red coraline algae popping up in my tank lately but it's really weird because it is only growing in shaded areas. I didn't see any in areas where there is direct light. Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be?

i have the same thing happining

One of my feather dusters is an idiot and moved right next to my blastos. Can the crown of my duster get stung by the blastos or is it not an issue?

watch out. my feather duster (RIP) sat next to a ric for a long time, but one day he somehow wound up getting killed by it. i'm guessing he tried to exit his tube and fell right into the ric and got stung to death.

i wouldnt put feather dusters near any corals that can sting them to death.

watch out. my feather duster (RIP) sat next to a ric for a long time, but one day he somehow wound up getting killed by it. i'm guessing he tried to exit his tube and fell right into the ric and got stung to death.

i wouldnt put feather dusters near any corals that can sting them to death.

I didn't put the feather duster there, it moved all the way from one end of the tank to the other and popped its tube right out of the sand by my blastos.

i have the same thing happining

It's really weird and its driving me insane. I just want my rocks covered in coraline and its only happening in the shadows lol.

Not too much happening with the pico. Just watching everything grow out. I have been wanting to work on my 120 gallon but we just recently found out we will have a little reefer running around soon so that project is being put on hold. Since that will be a lot more money than I will have right bow I have decided to get the frag tank project up and running. I am going to be building a stand and a fuge soon and I am going to drill the tank here in the next week. Hopefully that will keep my 120 dreams at bay.

Not too much happening with the pico. Just watching everything grow out. I have been wanting to work on my 120 gallon but we just recently found out we will have a little reefer running around soon so that project is being put on hold. Since that will be a lot more money than I will have right bow I have decided to get the frag tank project up and running. I am going to be building a stand and a fuge soon and I am going to drill the tank here in the next week. Hopefully that will keep my 120 dreams at bay.

Oh! Congratulations!! : :D

Look forward to the frag tank.

Oh! Congratulations!! : :D

Look forward to the frag tank.

Thanks. We are super excited to have a baby. Hopefully sitting in front of my tanks with the little guy/girl will get them interested in this hobby later on.

I can't wait to get the frag tank up so I can start growing out some awesome stuff.

congrats!! :wub:

now you have an excuse to set up another pico for the baby's room!

congrats!! :wub:

now you have an excuse to set up another pico for the baby's room!

Thank you. I'll have to see how well that idea goes over with the fiance lol. I already had the idea to paint the room with an underwater theme, maybe with some finding nemo characters lol. That will work for a boy and a girl. Maybe this will be my excuse to buy one of the innovative marine tanks and set it up in the baby's room.

I just made a little order from reef cleaners. I got some of the filter feeder food and a penny macro. I cant wait to see how the food is and see what kind of macro I get.

post a review of the food in this thread - I'm wanting to try their food out for my tank too.

o and btw, you're not afraid of the baby destroying his/her own pico? once it learns how to walk, destruction would be hard to avoid haha, or maybe even before that. we are just curious about everything at an early age. you're going to have to proof it somehow...that could be very tough.

post a review of the food in this thread - I'm wanting to try their food out for my tank too.

o and btw, you're not afraid of the baby destroying his/her own pico? once it learns how to walk, destruction would be hard to avoid haha, or maybe even before that. we are just curious about everything at an early age. you're going to have to proof it somehow...that could be very tough.

I will definitely post a review in this thread of the food. I'm really hoping that It will be as good as others are claiming.

As far as the tank in the babies room I will probably only set it up in there for about the first six months to year and move it out of the room after that. I have already been thinking of ways to baby proof the other tanks in the house. I have come to the cunclusion that I will need to put a top on my tanks which I really hate lol. It is only an idea at this point but it would be pretty cool to have a tank to look at while sitting in the baby's room. I guess we will see.

Archived