Cultivated Reef

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

i agree, if you set it up around that time frame, it should be fine. moving it out after that would be the best choice. I would be concerned about the other tanks you have too. tops are good but preventing things getting thrown at the glass is harder lol...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to say that John from reef cleaners is a great guy to do business with. Its the second order I have made from him and he is on top of it every time. Within minutes of ordering I already got an email saying thanks and I had to email him a couple times to make sure he knew it was freezing here in colorado. I thought it would be ridiculous of me to request a heating pack for my penny macro but he had no problem with it. I will continue to do business with him from here on out. Once I am ready to set up my 120 gallon he will get an order for some rock and a cuc.

new FTS and a couple top down pictures. Let me know what you think.

IMAG0532.jpg

IMAG0533.jpg

IMAG0534.jpg

IMAG0535.jpg

IMAG0536.jpg

IMAG0545.jpg

I still dont have a decent camera or a way to edit the photos so they are super blue.

fancy scoly coral & every thing else looks great too

what kind of flow are you keeping your toadstool in?

Thanks I love my bleeding apple scoly. The toadstool is in an area where it gets medium to high flow.

I really want some kind of chalice in my tank. The only spots I have in my tank are high. Should that be ok for a chalice or are they more of a low light coral?

My Hollywood stunner chalice likes the botttom of the tank but is getting direct light and is growing and looking good. I think as long as you acclimate some chalices will do fine a little higher up.

A lfs close to me has some frags of Miami hurricane chalice and I might pick one up. From here on out all I can really fit into my tank are tiny frags. For the most part I will just let everything grow out and fill in the empty spaces but I have a couple spots for some decent sized stuff. I think a frag of some kind of sps and a chalice and then I'm out of room. Help me decide what kind of sps frag to get. I'd like a fast growing and colorful frag. The red monti cap I have now has grown like crazy so I think another sps frag will do good in the tank.

I've seen an ad on a local forum for some Strawberry Shortcake acro frags. From what I can find they are pretty cool and quite pricey in the US ... but he is only asking $20-30 so I might pick one up and try my first SPS too.

Strawberry shortcake is a very cool sps. I had a frag in my tank a very long time ago but I was not ready for sps yet so I took it back. Good luck with your first sps. I have come to the conclusion that montipora is a good beginner sps.

I like digitatas. I'm trying to get my hands on a green one and a purple one. fast growing and easy to keep sps

Send a frag of each my way. Infact I might be in Vegas sometime soon.

Archived