Pod Your Reef

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

It has been forever since I have posted anything here. I have nothing really to post because nothing much has changed. I am thinking about moving a couple of the corals in this tank to my 14 gallon to clear a little bit of room. I would really like to try having a ric garden in this tank. I have always wanted one but I never come across rics. I know of a guy in my area who has hundreds of rics that I am going to go check out.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
take some pictures if u can when you go

I will definitely try but it just depends on if he will allow me to. He runs a frag business out of his house and he has some really sweet stuff. rics are one of his specialty. I have been meaning to make it down to his house but you have to make an appointment and I never have the time. Im hoping to make it up there soon.

I will definitely try but it just depends on if he will allow me to. He runs a frag business out of his house and he has some really sweet stuff. rics are one of his specialty. I have been meaning to make it down to his house but you have to make an appointment and I never have the time. Im hoping to make it up there soon.

I hope he allows it, I'm a huge fan of Ricordeas, gee, as if you couldn't tell.

Have you seen my Ricordea florida in my biotope? I got a few splits I think, you want them? If they haven't attached to anything, you're welcome to them.

L

I hope he allows it, I'm a huge fan of Ricordeas, gee, as if you couldn't tell.

Have you seen my Ricordea florida in my biotope? I got a few splits I think, you want them? If they haven't attached to anything, you're welcome to them.

L

Heck yeah I want them! I love that ric florida that you have. It's the orange one right? I would love a couple of those!

surgicalsense
Lol a little late and random on the snail snack thing ss. There was something good that came from the scoly eating that snail. One of my micro hermits adopted the sweet looking shell.

:P One of my micros did the samething. But, it is a clunky shell.

:P One of my micros did the samething. But, it is a clunky shell.

He ditched the cool looking shell for a clunky one. I'm a little disappointed in his fasion choices.

surgicalsense
He ditched the cool looking shell for a clunky one. I'm a little disappointed in his fasion choices.

It grew a little bit, I really do not think it had a choice :D

It grew a little bit, I really do not think it had a choice :D

Mine probably didnt have a choice either. Our crabs are probably angry at us because we dont have nice looking shells for them to grow into :lol:

Heck yeah I want them! I love that ric florida that you have. It's the orange one right? I would love a couple of those!

No the orange one didn't split. :( it's like a greenish color. I'll let you know as soon as my good ones split.

My massive orange one is a Ricordea Yuma. The ones that split are Ricordea florida.

No the orange one didn't split. :( it's like a greenish color. I'll let you know as soon as my good ones split.

My massive orange one is a Ricordea Yuma. The ones that split are Ricordea florida.

Oh ok I see. Well i am still interested. In my head I knew it was a yuma. I absolutely love that tbing lol.

I got home from work tonight and saw that my scoly ate a fly. Dont ask me how a fly got into my tank, or how there was a fly this time of year in the first place. Will this harm the scoly or can this have a negative effect on my tank?

I totally had a scuba fly lol. I saw it flying around my tank the night before and i wasnt able to swat it. Then i got home yesterday and saw the wing sticking out of my scoly's mouth. I swear my scoly will eat anything. He has a taste for snails and now flys. :lol:

Maybe your scoly has super ninja skills and grabbed the fly as it flew past the tank :o

Could you imagine seeing a sweeper tentacle shoot out of the tank and snatch a fly out of the air?! That would be awesome!

omgomgomg that is freaking awesome!

I agree. I am hoping I have better luck with the ricordia than I have had in the past with others. The pic definitely doesnt do it justice.

Nice additions.

Thanks pj. I hope they do well in my tank.

Archived