Cultivated Reef

Jgpicos Pico

jgpico

I like fiancées who buy coral for presents. Good fiancée.

Nice stuff, is that a Yuma? Interesting stripe pattern.

L

I love that she accepts my addiction lol. Im pretty sure its a yuma. I cant really tell yet. Cant really see distinct bumps on the mouth yet.

Pretty gifts ... Okay, fly eating scoly :huh: are you sure?

Lol yes im sure. I pulled one of the fly wings out of the scolys mouth.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
I love that she accepts my addiction lol. Im pretty sure its a yuma. I cant really tell yet. Cant really see distinct bumps on the mouth yet.

Lol yes im sure. I pulled one of the fly wings out of the scolys mouth.

:P ... I used to feed my Ciclids live crickets.

So I came home from work the other day and saw my chalice sitting on my scoly. I took the chalice off of the scoly and the scoly was in pretty bad shape. I put the scoly in an area where it got a decent amount of flow so all the gunk would be pushed away. The chalice looked fine but the scoly has some battle scars. I hope it has a full recovery, it is one of my favorite corals.

2012-02-22_20-26-02_344.jpg

Man hope it recovers too, it's a great piece. I was reading just last night about how most scolys don't survive in aquariums, hadn't realised they were that difficult.

My scoly seems to be doing great despite the recent mishap with the evil chalice.

Yeah there was an interesting note about overfeeding being a potential cause of their demise. I keep building up the courage to pay $100 for one ... maybe for the new tank.

Yeah there was an interesting note about overfeeding being a potential cause of their demise. I keep building up the courage to pay $100 for one ... maybe for the new tank.

I love my scoly so If you can get a nice one for around $100 I would do it. I Have never really spot fed my scoly so maybe that is one reasons why it has done so well.

So my tank turned into an invert tank last night. I got home from work yesterday and all was fine. My red head goby was swimming around making sure everyone knew it was his tank. Then we went to dinner, came home and watched a movie and then i did my usual tank check before bed. I walked out and saw something on my hardwood floor. At first it was kind of hard to tell what it was because it was so dried out and shriveled. The red head had been in my tank for a little over a year. It kind of sucks because i have had the fish for so long but i took a risk by not having a top. Not sure if ill have another fish in this tank, it might be an invert tank for a while. If you have any ideas on something cool i can put in the tank let me know.

Awww, that stinks!

:(

PS: I want a scoly for my Biocube. I like the red ones though. I guess I'm easy to please.

Yeah it really stinks. The thing that sucks the most is knowing that I could have prevented it by having a top on the tank.

The red scoly's are amazing! I want another one but for my biocube of course. I could probably squeeze another one in the pico but one is good enough.

nice crab. even though i dont have fish, i still have a ton on my tank. i dont want any of my inverts climbing/leaping out lol.

this tank could use a yellow coral banded shrimp if you have the room.

nice crab. even though i dont have fish, i still have a ton on my tank. i dont want any of my inverts climbing/leaping out lol.

this tank could use a yellow coral banded shrimp if you have the room.

Do you think it would do alright with the pom pom and emerald crab? How big do they get?

the coral banded shrimp i am thinking of (its the same one that brandon has in his 1gal vase so check with him) doesnt grow very large. and yes it can get along with those other two animals.

you are feeding the emerald right? because when not fed, the emeralds are able to go on rampage lol.

Newman you mean this one?

p-78491-shrimp.jpg

Max size: 1.5"

That would be cool, I really like banded shrimp but they are usually so huge.

This might be my next inhabitant inless i find something better.

Ooooooo, a Pom Pom crab. With very nice nems too. Good find.

Yeah the pom poms on my pom pom are nice. I was afraid that it would loose at least one when i moved it to my tank but it has been a while and they are still doing great. I love my pom pom crab! Its one of the reasons i have decided to do an all invert tank now.

the coral banded shrimp i am thinking of (its the same one that brandon has in his 1gal vase so check with him) doesnt grow very large. and yes it can get along with those other two animals.

you are feeding the emerald right? because when not fed, the emeralds are able to go on rampage lol.

I do feed the emerald. It gets a piece of algae every other day and snacks on leftovers the rest of the time.

Newman you mean this one?

p-78491-shrimp.jpg

Max size: 1.5"

That would be cool, I really like banded shrimp but they are usually so huge.

Oh yeah, that's the little one. I've got a mated pair of the standard banded in my biotope & my female is easy the largest thing in the tank. Always laden with eggs.

I like the little golden ones. No fishy then? I got lots of inverts with my panda goby.

L

Oh yeah, that's the little one. I've got a mated pair of the standard banded in my biotope & my female is easy the largest thing in the tank. Always laden with eggs.

I like the little golden ones. No fishy then? I got lots of inverts with my panda goby.

L

I would love to have another fish but I just dont think it would be the same. I really dont want to put a top on the tank even though it's probably the best idea I just hate how it looks. I have been eye balling some tiny green banded goby's at my lfs but I think I will go all inverts for the pico for now. I will save the cool fish for my 120 gallon build.

Archived