Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

i hope i won't do anything to him in the long run :unsure: ...but it's been a while.

and today i got around to making a pedastal for my skimmer, but not sure if it will help with the bubbles..

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
devilsadvocate
Friggint skimmer is still bubbling like crazy! And I still need a new fuge lamp.

is it pulling nice skim out now?

The skim is yellow, but it pulls out a ton of solid waste.

Did a water change, and tested the water:

alk: 7-8

ph: 8

cal: 420

na: 0

phos: 0-.25

mag: 1410

Everything seems fine, but there is something wrong with one of my acans. Maybe a snail sat on it...

The skim is yellow, but it pulls out a ton of solid waste.

Did a water change, and tested the water:

alk: 7-8

ph: 8

cal: 420

na: 0

phos: 0-.25

mag: 1410

Everything seems fine, but there is something wrong with one of my acans. Maybe a snail sat on it...

Thanks for the article G, gonna start a new tank thread tomorrow, think I can transfer my stock after I put in my year old rock?

i have a $100 + shipping budget for some fancy rimless tank. any ideas? and is pico reefs still selling the naked tanks?

yeah i love that tank but 100+60 is a buttload

im going to see how much a custom rimless viso is through my LFS, should have asked when i was there, now i have to wait. it probaly won't be too much cheaper...but it'll be local. and maybe i could get it a little bigger tank for the same price.

Deleted User 4
most likely :D

and it's going to be 100% LPS, and i don't want a single zoa polyp in sight

lolol When is your new tank coming?? What kind of tank is it?

You should add an emerald crab to eat those gha..

id do it in a minute

+1 at least they're fancy than ordinary rimless.... at a great price too.

i had an emerald, but i caught him eating my favia. moved him to the fuge, crawled out to the other compartments, and died...

as for the tank, i want a 15g rimless, but it would be dumb of me spend $150 on a custom tank when i can get a mr. aqua for $80...and just two inches taller.

im going to need to continue to use T5s until i can afford to buy two PAR bulbs.

im trying to go for a "minimalist" look, no sand, and interesting rock scape, and only a few nice pieces.

maybe a fish or two.

albertthiel

I don't think that will be a problem ... notice that your magnesium is a bit on the high side (a bit) normally IME 1200 is the recommended but if all looks good I would not worry about it, just keeping an eye on it should be fine so it does not keep creeping up ...

Good luck with the move

Albert

Thanks for the article G, gonna start a new tank thread tomorrow, think I can transfer my stock after I put in my year old rock?

Yes why spend more when you can spend less :) :)

Bare bottom or are you going to put something else than sand down ?

Albert

i had an emerald, but i caught him eating my favia. moved him to the fuge, crawled out to the other compartments, and died...

as for the tank, i want a 15g rimless, but it would be dumb of me spend $150 on a custom tank when i can get a mr. aqua for $80...and just two inches taller.

im going to need to continue to use T5s until i can afford to buy two PAR bulbs.

im trying to go for a "minimalist" look, no sand, and interesting rock scape, and only a few nice pieces.

maybe a fish or two.

thanks

might need something on the bottom, so i don't scratch it wit the rocks, and so my LPS don't grow on the glass.

albertthiel

Maybe crushed coral or crushed limestone although when you use that you need to watch the alkalinity and pH ...

Albert

thanks

might need something on the bottom, so i don't scratch it wit the rocks, and so my LPS don't grow on the glass.

I separated the coral im keeping from the coral im giving away/throwing away, the GHA is just that bad.

albertthiel

After bad comes good so things do get better with a little help from the tank keeper :) I am sure you'll get things under control ...

Albert

I separated the coral im keeping from the coral im giving away/throwing away, the GHA is just that bad.

Archived