inTank Media Baskets

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol yes

do you think i can actually cure all that rock in a 5g bucket?

it has a heater and two powerheads

trying to make more places for the blenny to hide

don't be sad, i'll order the new tank today or tomorrow, and when school gets out next week, i can transfer everything. thinking about keeping my fish, but i want to run a fishless system for a while.

devilsadvocate
lol yes

do you think i can actually cure all that rock in a 5g bucket?

it has a heater and two powerheads

perhaps youd want to boil the rock first. itll speed up the process a lot.

don't be sad, i'll order the new tank today or tomorrow, and when school gets out next week, i can transfer everything. thinking about keeping my fish, but i want to run a fishless system for a while.

Looks exciting my mang. I just finished my transfer, and got some sensual new bulbs. You gonna put any sps in the new tank, or just lps?

perhaps youd want to boil the rock first. itll speed up the process a lot.

boil it? will that kill a lot of the bacteria?

Looks exciting my mang. I just finished my transfer, and got some sensual new bulbs. You gonna put any sps in the new tank, or just lps?

i might add a couple montis, and im keeping those birdsnests

devilsadvocate
boil it? will that kill a lot of the bacteria?

yes itll kill everything. do that and the hair algae wont be a problem, once its boiled just cure it in a bucket, with a tiny piece of LR, GHA free of course.

Deleted User 4

What kind of tank you getting??

Deleted User 4
i'll think about it

DSCN1796.JPG

getting a mr. aqua, not rich enough to get anything else

Nice. At least the Mr. Aqua is new and clean ahah.

devilsadvocate
blenny found the shipwreck and is using it now.

nice nice.

my blenny "host" my bed of shrooms.

devilsadvocate
didn't know you had a blenny..

yup i have a combtooth

photo1-12.jpg

i really want a midas blenny but I think my clowns would torment it. also, it's a bit big for my tank. bleh

how many gallons is it?

colormyheart

but even then, i have no idea what to buy as far as fish stocking goes. too indecisive.

are you going to put some hydrogen peroxide in that bucket with the lr?

@devil 34 gallons, but to be safe i'd say 29ish in the display. but remember i have the mandy and two clowns being hosted by an anemone, i know theyre going to be #####ez when it comes to territory and stuff

devilsadvocate
@devil 34 gallons, but to be safe i'd say 29ish in the display. but remember i have the mandy and two clowns being hosted by an anemone, i know theyre going to be #####ez when it comes to territory and stuff

no ####, you got a nem? nice.

id say youd be ok with one. go for it.

colormyheart
no ####, you got a nem? nice.

id say youd be ok with one. go for it.

yeah, i got one for $20 from some creepy craigslist guy. i'm completely in love with it, its small but it's really colorful. i'll try to get some pitchurs of the tank. for once it's looking nice.

a dwarf angelfish would be a no no right? liveaquaria says min tank size 30 but..

sorry for derailing the thread, squared :(

colormyheart
im just going to change the water and scrub the rocks

get a meaner midas

no peroxide? even a tad? whatever you do, don't let it sit without movement. i have a ton of lr in a bucket and it's growing a ton of nasty stuff. i'm terrified to take it out.

sigh. i really want a blenny, maybe i will get one

i've got two powerheads in the bucket

i really want to keep my blenny, but i really don't want to be feeding 2+ times a day in the new tank. hopefully i can find someone who can take care of it. i'd give him to you, but you're, like, in texas and stuff

Archived