Coral Vue Hydros

Squared's 29g reef

Squared

colormyheart

you make me laugh sometimes, and in a good way.

yeah i'd totally pay him for you, but i doubt you'd be willing to go through all that hassle and whatnot. but i'm sure you can find someone local to look after him

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im going to completely re-design my sump, and i had this idea where all the water falls into a filter sock right before going through the return, instead of at the beginning. problem is, a lot of water is going to need to flow though some bulkheads.

how many GPH can two 2" bulkheads handle? like just water flowing out into/out of it?

albertthiel

Yes that is IMO the best way to do it and allows you to remove anything that is unwanted ... worms, crabs you don't want, and anything else you feel does not belong in the new tank.

Good move and approach IME

Albert

DSCN1791.JPG

DSCN1794.JPG

DSCN1793.JPG

so i took all the rock that i wanted for the new tank and put aside to clean it of pests

albertthiel

What kind of plastic hooks (shape?)

Albert

is there any place i can get plastic hooks to put a lid on a rimless tank?

Yes but it is IMO not complete ... in the back horizontal egg crate maybe to support whatever material you want to put in the bio section unless you want to make it a particulate filter and use floss ... and in the front you may need to put some egg crate with mess over it and then make that into a refugium ... but I am sure that you will get lots of replies and suggestions ... :)

Albert

somesump.jpg

does this sump make any sense??

Is this sold by anyone or is this your design ... note : separation plate should go to the top IMO and the outflow of water should be at the bottom and a little extra piece of plastic should let the water rise through some material e.g. floss or sponge or chemipure or GAC bags and then overflow into the front compartment form where you would pump it back to the tank either using a submersible pump or by drilling a whole and putting in a bulkhead and then piping a pump to it (and screen off the intake or anything in that section will be sucked in ... but there are many variations possible as I am sure you realize

Albert

somesump.jpg

does this sump make any sense??

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

tank is not here yet!

i tired another mod on my skimmer but there are still bubbles! FFFFFFFFFUUUUU.....so i am going to have to make a special sump if i don't want to see bubbles in the dsiplay.

also as i was typing this the UPS guy showed up.

albertthiel

I guess a little more tweaking is going to be necessary to get those bubbles to stop getting in the tank ... Maybe slow the water flow through the skimmer down a little or reduce the air take ... which is probably better IMO

Albert

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

tank is not here yet!

i tired another mod on my skimmer but there are still bubbles! FFFFFFFFFUUUUU.....so i am going to have to make a special sump if i don't want to see bubbles in the dsiplay.

also as i was typing this the UPS guy showed up.

Archived