Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

Thanks guys... well the power went out and the vortech battery backup kicked in but unfortunately the temps dove into the 40's and the tank cooled way too much by morning. Its my fault as i should have been prepared but i dropped the ball.

Ill come back sooner or later this hobby is in my blood

Sorry again Eugene and yes I know how it is, once the bug has bitten us, we always come back. Look at my own experience, after being a manufacturer and developer of products and author and newsletter publisher, I got out of the hobby for several years but ...

I am back at it, and am starting today, in fact, at a rewrite of "Small Reef Aquarium Basics", one of my books, with a new name: Nano Reef Aquariums. I estimate the publication date to be in about 3 months, and have started taking pre-orders and have one already.

This time the book will have color pics and more than likely from members of this forum, with full attribution and their permission of course. So if you have any pictures you would like me to include, post them to my thread with a note that I can use them in the book. Those who submit pics will get a free copy, signed of course.

So if you want to have some lasting pics of your tank in publication, do post the pics. Thanks

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MeanGreenEyes

Really sorry to hear...I've been a fan and silent lurker of your tank for a long time...when you do decide to come back and if you ever make it to Brooklyn...I'd be honored to donate frags toward your new build...you can't honestly make amazing tanks like this and walk away from this hobby forever...

Hype,

If you were willing to start a small cube, I/Nano Box would be willing to donate a 6" Nano Box unit ( brand new off the mill :) )

Check out the little guys.

http://www.facebook.com/NanoBoxReef

-Dave

Wow that is a nice offer indeed and I hope Eugene takes you up on it. He is too good to get out of this hobby ! And I really mean that.

Albert

Congratulations on "photo of the month", now your going to have to stick around for a while Eugene.

Hope your safe with the storm and all. :)

This sucks hype, but as others have said I know you will come back with a vengeance! Your tanks are always amazing and very inspirational to all of us nano-reefers. Thanks for all of the help you have given me and I really hope to see you back much sooner than later.

Oh yeah congrats on potm.

Sorry again Eugene and yes I know how it is, once the bug has bitten us, we always come back. Look at my own experience, after being a manufacturer and developer of products and author and newsletter publisher, I got out of the hobby for several years but ...

I am back at it, and am starting today, in fact, at a rewrite of "Small Reef Aquarium Basics", one of my books, with a new name: Nano Reef Aquariums. I estimate the publication date to be in about 3 months, and have started taking pre-orders and have one already.

This time the book will have color pics and more than likely from members of this forum, with full attribution and their permission of course. So if you have any pictures you would like me to include, post them to my thread with a note that I can use them in the book. Those who submit pics will get a free copy, signed of course.

So if you want to have some lasting pics of your tank in publication, do post the pics. Thanks

Thanks alot Albert I appreciate the gesture ill be sure to post some pics in the thread

Really sorry to hear...I've been a fan and silent lurker of your tank for a long time...when you do decide to come back and if you ever make it to Brooklyn...I'd be honored to donate frags toward your new build...you can't honestly make amazing tanks like this and walk away from this hobby forever...

Thank man I really appreciate the offer. I'm really moved by all the kind gestures. I don't plan to stay away forever. I'm kind of in "angry ex-girlfriend" mode and just want to get rid of everything that reminds of this relationship. Lol

any pics of the crashed tank?

Nah

Hype,

If you were willing to start a small cube, I/Nano Box would be willing to donate a 6" Nano Box unit ( brand new off the mill :) )

Check out the little guys.

http://www.facebook.com/NanoBoxReef

-Dave

Awwww man thanks Dave I appreciate that man..I'm almost getting choked up. I don't think I'm ready to start a new build....still pretty sore you know.

Wow that is a nice offer indeed and I hope Eugene takes you up on it. He is too good to get out of this hobby ! And I really mean that.

Albert

Yea it's an awesome offer I'm very gracious

Sorry for your loss! At least you are safe though.

Thanks man I'm grateful alot of people weren't so lucky

Congratulations on "photo of the month", now your going to have to stick around for a while Eugene.

Hope your safe with the storm and all.

Thanks so much and thanks to everyone that voted for it.I plan to lurk around and contribute where I can

Congrats on the photo of the month.

Thanks Kat :)

Sorry for your loss, the tank that got me to take up reefing is gone.

Thanks... I'm glad I could help inspire your build.

This sucks hype, but as others have said I know you will come back with a vengeance! Your tanks are always amazing and very inspirational to all of us nano-reefers. Thanks for all of the help you have given me and I really hope to see you back much sooner than later.

Oh yeah congrats on potm.

Thanks alot jg I appreciate it brother

Congrats on photo of the month! Very well deserved!

Thanks alot D

and i have a jbj picotope that you can have too hype.

Thanks alot jr I really appreciate the offer man

Wow I'm so sorry to hear about the tank.. I hope you dont stay out of the hobby to long, we need great reefer's like you to inspire the rest of us.

I hope you re-consider and start another tank!

I had a tank crash a while back due to a heater exploded. I had a sick feeling and the"smell of death" was almost too much to take. But I decided to start over and glad I did. I am after all, an old man and one never knows how much time they have left on this earth. I just enjoy this hobby way too much to give up and I hope you don't!

Eugene I know what happened is indeed terrible and must have hurt you deeply after all the efforts you put into that tank and all its creatures ... and I feel for you and with you on the hurt it has created.

It was nice to be able to follow your thread and see your wonderful aquarium and how stupendous it looked.

I guess you have indeed decided to give up for a while (and I hope it is just a while) as I see that you have already sold most of the equipment.

We will miss you ! Hopefully the bug that bit you will get you to come back soon Eugene.

And even if you try something different (I did too a few times) do create a new thread and let us all see what you are up to ... maybe some very colorful "African Rainbowfish", or Super nice Lake Tanganyika Cichlids, or maybe even very nice strain high end Discus, or whatever you decide to get in to.

Thanks for your great contributions to this forum, and I am sure that a lot of members have learned a lot from you and your practices.

Again, so sorry to see you go. But ... it happens unfortunately, and in this case the "way" it happened was and is a most unfortunate way. God Bless

Albert

Extremely sorry to hear about this Hype. A real tragedy, as this tank was my favorite.

Unfortunately the storm took my tank as well, due to the low temperature and no power. It's just rotting right now in my basement as I have no electricity with which to clean it out. This storm really destroyed NJ.

Good luck to ya Hype. Hope to see you around here with another tank in the future.

NOOoooooo don't leave me!!!!!!!

I am sorry E :(

That really sux, Everyone needs a break every now and then,,,I know you will come back in full force soon...Salt is in the blood!! :P

Wow I'm so sorry to hear about the tank.. I hope you dont stay out of the hobby to long, we need great reefer's like you to inspire the rest of us.

Thanks sdart ill be back sooner or later

I hope you re-consider and start another tank!

I had a tank crash a while back due to a heater exploded. I had a sick feeling and the"smell of death" was almost too much to take. But I decided to start over and glad I did. I am after all, an old man and one never knows how much time they have left on this earth. I just enjoy this hobby way too much to give up and I hope you don't!

Thanks alot basser ive had a tank crash on me in the past and i thought i was done but ended up coming back in a year. So check on me next year this timecool.gif

Eugene I know what happened is indeed terrible and must have hurt you deeply after all the efforts you put into that tank and all its creatures ... and I feel for you and with you on the hurt it has created.

It was nice to be able to follow your thread and see your wonderful aquarium and how stupendous it looked.

I guess you have indeed decided to give up for a while (and I hope it is just a while) as I see that you have already sold most of the equipment.

We will miss you ! Hopefully the bug that bit you will get you to come back soon Eugene.

And even if you try something different (I did too a few times) do create a new thread and let us all see what you are up to ... maybe some very colorful "African Rainbowfish", or Super nice Lake Tanganyika Cichlids, or maybe even very nice strain high end Discus, or whatever you decide to get in to.

Thanks for your great contributions to this forum, and I am sure that a lot of members have learned a lot from you and your practices.

Again, so sorry to see you go. But ... it happens unfortunately, and in this case the "way" it happened was and is a most unfortunate way. God Bless

Albert

Thanks so much albert the sentiment is greatly appreciated. Im glad to be part of such an awesome community and its great to know that my efforts were not only appreciated but helped inspire some in their own builds. I doubt ill be gone forever just need to recharge my batteries. Im sure you will continue to help reefers old and new alike and keep this community thriving.

-Eugene

Extremely sorry to hear about this Hype. A real tragedy, as this tank was my favorite.

Unfortunately the storm took my tank as well, due to the low temperature and no power. It's just rotting right now in my basement as I have no electricity with which to clean it out. This storm really destroyed NJ.

Good luck to ya Hype. Hope to see you around here with another tank in the future.

Thanks zero im soory to hear about your tank as well....that storm was a mother..But hey were still here right?happy.gif

Look forward to seeing the next project you have up your sleeve.

NOOoooooo don't leave me!!!!!!!

I am sorry E :(

That really sux, Everyone needs a break every now and then,,,I know you will come back in full force soon...Salt is in the blood!! :P

Ill be right here.. (in E.T voice) :D

Thanks maria. you know they cant hold me back for long :lol:

I just bought 2 car batteries and an inverter and have put them in my garage, all because of you!

Very sad. Hope to see you begin work on an even better tank in the near future!

Thanks so much albert the sentiment is greatly appreciated. Im glad to be part of such an awesome community and its great to know that my efforts were not only appreciated but helped inspire some in their own builds. I doubt ill be gone forever just need to recharge my batteries. Im sure you will continue to help reefers old and new alike and keep this community thriving.

-Eugene

Thanks Eugene and I wish you all the best and I am sure we will see you back here soon ...

And thanks for the kind words. Do recharge your batteries ... and then let's see what your next project is going to be ... and btw I just noticed an error I meant Australian Rainbow fish not African ...

Godspeed ... be good !

Thanks Eugene and I wish you all the best and I am sure we will see you back here soon ...

And thanks for the kind words. Do recharge your batteries ... and then let's see what your next project is going to be ... and btw I just noticed an error I meant Australian Rainbow fish not African ...

Godspeed ... be good !

Thank you....likewise sir

blizzardscout2

Your reef was one of the most beautiful I have seen on here. I am so sorry to see so much hard work ruined by something out of your control. I am sure time will help. Sorry man.

Archived