ReefCleaners.org

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

That's an interesting discovery!

Im glad i was able to implement something that actually worked.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nano sapiens

I've heard of the PH drop that can occur at night, but 7.50 is really quite low. Are you running a reverse lighting schedule with your 'fuge Cheto? I have yet to see anything under Ph 8.2 in my little Nano, but each tank has its own peculiarities.

The CO2 scrubber on a Skimmer is an interesting way of mitigating this issue. Glad its working out for you.

so hype ive been looking into doing a lighting upgrade.

this is what i was looking at

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewitem.asp..._content=UZ3301

question is would i be just fine with 4 bulbs or do i need to go with 6?

thanks man <3

Nice...Id go with 6 but you could definitely get by with 4.

I've heard of the PH drop that can occur at night, but 7.50 is really quite low. Are you running a reverse lighting schedule with your 'fuge Cheto? I have yet to see anything under Ph 8.2 in my little Nano, but each tank has its own peculiarities.

The CO2 scrubber on a Skimmer is an interesting way of mitigating this issue. Glad its working out for you.

Yep i run a reverse schedule but it made no difference. Homes with gas stoves and/or lack of ventilation usually have the same issue. When i leave all the windows open PH rarely drops below 7.9 but the problem is since i rarely leave all the windows open(and summer is on the way) I needed a more practical solution. This is pretty easy as i just replace the media once its exhausted.

Jessy-Ray

That's awesome, I'm sure you've got plenty of pics for growth comparisons will be interesting to see how they go with a more stable ph etc. Got any decent info on the operation of the co2 scrubber???

That's awesome, I'm sure you've got plenty of pics for growth comparisons will be interesting to see how they go with a more stable ph etc. Got any decent info on the operation of the co2 scrubber???

Check out this thread on RC. Ill be able to tell in a few weeks if theres any noticeable growth differences.

steely185

Can you provide a better pic of your scrubber and how you have it running to your skimmer. I've seen them on bulk reef supply before but they discontinued them. I may make one myself but am interested to see how you have your scrubber set up. My pH has been dipping into the 7.5 range at night for several weeks more than likely from CO2 from my calcium reactor. I wouldn't mind seeing if this improves things a bit. I may also add some dolomite to the reactor to help with pH but not until refill time.

amazing photos!!!

Thanks marc!

Can you provide a better pic of your scrubber and how you have it running to your skimmer. I've seen them on bulk reef supply before but they discontinued them. I may make one myself but am interested to see how you have your scrubber set up. My pH has been dipping into the 7.5 range at night for several weeks more than likely from CO2 from my calcium reactor. I wouldn't mind seeing if this improves things a bit. I may also add some dolomite to the reactor to help with pH but not until refill time.

Heres a pic of the scrubber the out line goes into the air intake of your skimmer and thats it.

IMG_7289.jpgskimmerintake.jpg

You can get the scrubber from BRS its just labeled universal air filter and heres the media

Hype, know any good lfs around Princeton? Going up to my parents for the weekend and wanted to see what's around.

Nice mangroves, like the Innovative marine skkyle led as well!

Thanks twan i really like the skkyle LED as well. It the best LED fuge light ive seen so far...

Hype, know any good lfs around Princeton? Going up to my parents for the weekend and wanted to see what's around.

Sorry brad but i live north of princeton the closest LFS that i know of is 40 minutes away from there.

eddiecorrea

Your tank = what I hope my tank will eventually look like. Even if it looked 1/4 as good it would still look good! That tank is STUNNING. Great work.

Your tank = what I hope my tank will eventually look like. Even if it looked 1/4 as good it would still look good! That tank is STUNNING. Great work.

Thanks alot eddie i really appreciate it.

Between you and me, Hype, I may be setting up a new system in the not so distant future...

Looks like I may be moving out with the girlfriend sooner than expected and I am already starting to collect equipment.

I am going to be getting a 24" x 24" stand to start off (I wonder who inspired that move...)

;)

I will let you know if I start a thread for you to follow lol.

Between you and me, Hype, I may be setting up a new system in the not so distant future...

Looks like I may be moving out with the girlfriend sooner than expected and I am already starting to collect equipment.

I am going to be getting a 24" x 24" stand to start off (I wonder who inspired that move...)

;)

I will let you know if I start a thread for you to follow lol.

Awwwwww snap. Look forward to seeing the new build B)

I'm pretty sure you've been asked this question many times before so I'm sorry in advance. :P

What kind of lighting do you use? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you use T5s, but I wasn't sure if you had any LED or MH supplements. I ask because I'm thinking about switching from LEDs back to T5s for various reasons, and I'm wondering if a 4 bulb fixture on its own will be enough for SPS in a 20 gallon long tank. I was thinking of using ATI bulbs: A Blue+, an Aquablue Special, another Blue+, and a Purple+.

Any input on this is really appreciated! You're obviously doing a lot of things right so I figured this would be a good place to ask.

I'm pretty sure you've been asked this question many times before so I'm sorry in advance. :P

What kind of lighting do you use? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you use T5s, but I wasn't sure if you had any LED or MH supplements. I ask because I'm thinking about switching from LEDs back to T5s for various reasons, and I'm wondering if a 4 bulb fixture on its own will be enough for SPS in a 20 gallon long tank. I was thinking of using ATI bulbs: A Blue+, an Aquablue Special, another Blue+, and a Purple+.

Any input on this is really appreciated! You're obviously doing a lot of things right so I figured this would be a good place to ask.

Hey matt i have a 6 bulb ATI dimmable sunpower with (2) Blue reefbrite XHO LEDs and My corals have never looked better. A 4 bulb fixture is more than enough for a 20 gallon especially if you go with an ATI or Tek elite fixture.Id recommend swapping the Aquablue special with a Coral+ bulb

HTH

Hey matt i have a 6 bulb ATI dimmable sunpower with (2) Blue reefbrite XHO LEDs and My corals have never looked better. A 4 bulb fixture is more than enough for a 20 gallon especially if you go with an ATI or Tek elite fixture.Id recommend swapping the Aquablue special with a Coral+ bulb

HTH

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure what these look like in person, but won't 3 Blue+ and a Purple+ look REALLY blue? Like dawn/dusk actinic blue? I'm aiming for somewhere around a 15,000k look which is why I thought an Aquablue special would work.

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure what these look like in person, but won't 3 Blue+ and a Purple+ look REALLY blue? Like dawn/dusk actinic blue? I'm aiming for somewhere around a 15,000k look which is why I thought an Aquablue special would work.

If your looking for a 15K look id go with

(2)Blue Plus

(2)coral plus

The aquablue special is a very white bulb that can wash out some colors thats why it was replaced with the coral plus which has less white,more blue and a bit of purple.

If your looking for a 15K look id go with

(2)Blue Plus

(2)coral plus

The aquablue special is a very white bulb that can wash out some colors thats why it was replaced with the coral plus which has less white,more blue and a bit of purple.

Great thank you :)

Archived