• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hype,

Your SPS are just SCREAM'n!

Nice to see such healthy corals.

Thanks TJ im trying to get them to scream even louder fingerscrossed

TheNordCelt

Long time no post! I've been absent, the tank has done well despite it! looking good as always.

Long time no post! I've been absent, the tank has done well despite it! looking good as always.

Thanks pat its time for you to update your thread...matter a fact imma go bump it.

buddythelion
7143250971_048667b29c_z.jpg

I swear I made a post about this much earlier, but my GOD this is beautiful. Happen to know a name? I'm getting into SPS too and this for sure is my current fav and a goal to obtain. Only milli I have now is a sunset.

I swear I made a post about this much earlier, but my GOD this is beautiful. Happen to know a name? I'm getting into SPS too and this for sure is my current fav and a goal to obtain. Only milli I have now is a sunset.

Thanks buddy.It was sold to me as a pink with green polyp millipora.

+1. Put me on the list when it touches your glass.

Will do.

bwoodward0012

I've been staring at your thread for the past hour because of your amazing pictures and now i am late for work... thanks a lot hype.

This is the best tank i've seen on nano-reef. no offense every one else (:

No worries.

We realize your XP is limited to the last 6 months.

Singlefin
No worries.

We realize your XP is limited to the last 6 months.

Wow. It is a pretty nice tank though.

Oh man! I can never get enough pics of your tank.

Thanks sprio

I've been staring at your thread for the past hour because of your amazing pictures and now i am late for work... thanks a lot hype.

laugh.gif Sorry bwood

This is the best tank i've seen on nano-reef. no offense every one else (:

Thanks alot klein for the complement but theres alot of incredible tanks on this site and definitely dont think mine is is the best

Wow. It is a pretty nice tank though.

Thanks singlefin

Just wanted to give you a guys an update. I recently put my skimmer back online because of some issues i was having with my PH. Asureef made me aware of how low my PH was dipping at night. Im not sure why i hadnt noticed before but my PH was dropping as low as 7.50 at night which is totally unacceptable. So i did some investigating and long story short found out my tank had to much Co2 which causes low PH. I initially tried just opening the windows which helped considerably but whenever i closed the windows PH would drop uncomfortably low at night. So i decided to put the skimmer back online and invest in a Co2 scrubber which is connected to the air intake of my skimmer. Since installing the scrubber my PH hasnt dropped below 8. One of the effects of adding a Co2 scrubber is a larger production of skimmate which i noticed immediately. I also redid the center chamber of my sump with a deep sand bed and mangroves(for giga :D ) lit by a Innovative marine skkyle led.

Updated sump shot

sump-1.jpg

thats sick hype.

Thanks man. The higher and stable PH should result in faster SPS growth...at least thats what im hoping for.

TheNordCelt

Hype, have you considered simply running an airstone in the fuge section at night to mitigate the C02 increase? I've considered it myself just because of the benefits of aerating the water column. The only reason I say this is because I am thoroughly convinced of the benefits to the microfauna of going skimmerless. Good luck! :D

o hey you had a midas blenny right? i was wondering how it would act with the talbot that i have

You shouldnt have a problem as they mostly ignore one another.

Hype, have you considered simply running an airstone in the fuge section at night to mitigate the C02 increase? I've considered it myself just because of the benefits of aerating the water column. The only reason I say this is because I am thoroughly convinced of the benefits to the microfauna of going skimmerless. Good luck! biggrin.gif

I tried it but the problem is the air pump is still pulling in air filled with Co2 especially if the pump intake isnt pulling air directly from outside... As a result it didnt make a difference at all. I agree with you about the benefits of running skimmerless although i cant say i saw a difference in my corals coloration or growth while it was offline.

Just wanted to give you a guys an update. I recently put my skimmer back online because of some issues i was having with my PH. Asureef made me aware of how low my PH was dipping at night. Im not sure why i hadnt noticed before but my PH was dropping as low as 7.50 at night which is totally unacceptable. So i did some investigating and long story short found out my tank had to much Co2 which causes low PH.

You know it's one thing to have a series of indicators or read outs from your tank, quite another to research it to get to the bottom of it and then fix it. Hats off to you.

With my recent discovery of phosphates I am re-thinking the skimmer as well.

Me too and no need to ship. hehehehe.

Ill put you down for one as wellwink.gif

You know it's one thing to have a series of indicators or read outs from your tank, quite another to research it to get to the bottom of it and then fix it. Hats off to you.

With my recent discovery of phosphates I am re-thinking the skimmer as well.

Thanks kat. I tried a couple of things before deciding on a Co2 scrubber. Ventilation,Reverse lighting schedule,air pump and changing my dosing schedule to coincide with the nightly drop but none of which has worked as amazingly as the Co2 scrubber.

Im happy to have the skimmer back online because i was noticing more algae because of the extra organics not to mention its just great to have a security blanket.

Archived