Cultivated Reef

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4
Your digis look great. I need some top down tips!

Ohh man, mike is going to try some top down shots??? I gotta see this with my own eyes as well...

Great pic! I just got a couple new digi's myself. Looking forward to them growing out like that. What's the status of your air filter? I've had mine running for about a week and the ph is constant at 8.0. Skimmer is foaming but I'm not getting good skimmate.

Your digis look great. I need some top down tips!

Thanks man. Have you tried to take any yet?

Great pic! I just got a couple new digi's myself. Looking forward to them growing out like that. What's the status of your air filter? I've had mine running for about a week and the ph is constant at 8.0. Skimmer is foaming but I'm not getting good skimmate.

Thanks psy. I still have it running.. its been working pretty well. Although i find it works best if i keep the room closed off.

Was your skimmer running better before you installed the filter? I honestly cant tell a difference in bubble production when the filter is on or offline. I did however notice an almost immediate increase in skimmate when i first put it online. You may have to use a supplemental air pump if your not getting enough foam production.

Thanks man. Have you tried to take any yet?

Thanks psy. I still have it running.. its been working pretty well. Although i find it works best if i keep the room closed off.

Was your skimmer running better before you installed the filter? I honestly cant tell a difference in bubble production when the filter is on or offline. I did however notice an almost immediate increase in skimmate when i first put it online. You may have to use a supplemental air pump if your not getting enough foam production.

What do you think if I T split the air line - one running to the filter and one to the silencer. Would that be enough air flow through the filter to make a difference?

eddiecorrea

Got the high res. Thanks a lot man! I love your tank. Keep up the amazing work.

What do you think if I T split the air line - one running to the filter and one to the silencer. Would that be enough air flow through the filter to make a difference?

That may help.. i say give it a shot.

lovely digis hype

Thanks pat

Amazing as always

Maybe my sps will be like hypes someday

Thanks alot bud. Im sure they will im not doing anything special.

Got the high res. Thanks a lot man! I love your tank. Keep up the amazing work.

Np ed i appreciate the feedback.

MasterMind9

Can't stop watching this tank over and over again, true inspriration. :bowdown:

I have a question dude, my tank used only one MP10 and have problem with strong water current, but I saw you have two so I just wonder that how do you adjust vortex mode? Because I wanna have some seahorse like you but seahorse don't like strong current right? So need some advice?

Can't stop watching this tank over and over again, true inspriration. bowdown01.gif

I have a question dude, my tank used only one MP10 and have problem with strong water current, but I saw you have two so I just wonder that how do you adjust vortex mode? Because I wanna have some seahorse like you but seahorse don't like strong current right? So need some advice?

Thanks alot man yours in next up for TOTM for sure.

Well i dont run them at 100% they run between 30-40 and i run all of the modes through the course of the day. Well depending on the species some can tolerate flow better than others but the flow would have to be dialed back in order to accommodate a seahorse. i definitely wouldnt recommend a seahorse in your current tank because you have alot of stinging corals(brains,scoly,frogspawn,gsp etc) all of which would be a nightmare for a seahorse.

That Digi pic is amazing. Holy crap.

Thanks man

In other news ive been seriously thinking about breaking this tank down ive just been really busy lately and dont have much time to even look at this tank(all i keep up with is maintenance) Im also kind of bored with it at this point as ive pretty much accomplished everything ive set out to do with this build. There was a heck of alot of setbacks with this tank but for the most part it came out ok. So im thinking i might break it down and just give the hobby a rest for a bit...Ive been going nonstop for the last 4 years. It will give me some time to come up with some new ideas..

buddythelion

That's sad to hear! Will you still be on the forum though?

Dibs on the pink with green polyp milli. :P

Bummer. But at least you know what you're capable of. Better to take a break and come back then get burnt and the community loses the knowledge you posess. Put me on the list too.

Awe that's a bummer. But if you need a break, you have to take it! No point in continuing if it doesn't offer it's full enjoyment at the moment. Don't stay away too long :)

Deleted User 4

Aww, will you be on the forums at least though?? If you do really plan on breaking it down, hope it passes down to someone who will pay you a good price and take good care of it...

Maybe the next tank could be a crappy ugly tank w just fish. Then you wouldn't have 205 pages of people saying how awesome your tank is. And it is awesome!!! Just trying to help.

In other news ive been seriously thinking about breaking this tank down ive just been really busy lately and dont have much time to even look at this tank(all i keep up with is maintenance) Im also kind of bored with it at this point as ive pretty much accomplished everything ive set out to do with this build. There was a heck of alot of setbacks with this tank but for the most part it came out ok. So im thinking i might break it down and just give the hobby a rest for a bit...Ive been going nonstop for the last 4 years. It will give me some time to come up with some new ideas..

Blasphemy!

That sucks!. I guess you're doing the smart thing and taking break before it becomes a chore!. Is it wierd that I'm already super excited to see what you come back with????.

Edit; Thanks for the new background that latest pic is gorgeous, id you have a higher res available?

altolamprologus

What a shame. Breaking down one of the most beautiful tanks I've ever seen :( Make sure you get a whole bunch of pics before you break it down ok?

That's sad to hear! Will you still be on the forum though?

Yep ill check in every now and then to help or offer advice. If i decide to ship ill definitely let you know

Bummer. But at least you know what you're capable of. Better to take a break and come back then get burnt and the community loses the knowledge you posess. Put me on the list too.

Thanks dude i think i just need an extended break. Will do

Awe that's a bummer. But if you need a break, you have to take it! No point in continuing if it doesn't offer it's full enjoyment at the moment. Don't stay away too long smile.gif

Thanks paigee for understanding where im coming from. Thats captures it in a nutshell. Ill still be aroundwink.gif

Aww, will you be on the forums at least though?? If you do really plan on breaking it down, hope it passes down to someone who will pay you a good price and take good care of it...

Yep i hope so too

Nice digis Hype!

Not enough though. More TDS shots needed...

Thanks man ill try to post a few more

Maybe the next tank could be a crappy ugly tank w just fish. Then you wouldn't have 205 pages of people saying how awesome your tank is. And it is awesome!!! Just trying to help.

Ha. i appreciate the feedback as its the only reason why ive kept updating the thread this long

Blasphemy!

ninja.gif

That sucks!. I guess you're doing the smart thing and taking break before it becomes a chore!. Is it wierd that I'm already super excited to see what you come back with????.

Edit; Thanks for the new background that latest pic is gorgeous, id you have a higher res available?

Yea i think some time off will make it alot more enjoyable the next go round.

thanks..sure just pm me your email

What a shame. Breaking down one of the most beautiful tanks I've ever seen :( Make sure you get a whole bunch of pics before you break it down ok?

Thanks alto. will do

Id like to see a picture of the stand and tank with the front doors open and with an outside light source so we can see everything. I dont think a picture like that that has ever been posted. Maybe a cell phone pic from about 10 feet away with the lights on in the room.

Archived