Pod Your Reef

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

MIne hasnt split yet or dragged any tissue.But when its closed up it does look like a zoa.This pet store by my house has about 20 thoughout the store.Mines been doing well i sometimes feed it flake food or shrimp.They however do have more of a ball tip to them.

Are they hard to take care of? How often do you feed?

Builder Anthony

Na this things easy it just doesnt like bright light.I feedit about every 3 days.It uasually takes it a while to digest stuff.He doesnt move round at all either its kind of cool because hes inside a real small shell so i can move him around.It does open up more after lights are out.My tanks in a closet so i shut the door for complete darkness.I pop open the door sometimes to check out whats going on and hes uasually more open.

The ones they have at the petstore here are all in lose sand or attacthed to real small rubble.I had it abiout 3 weeks and it hasnt split or mulitiplied.Im cureius as to the growth rate.

Na this things easy it just doesnt like bright light.I feedit about every 3 days.It uasually takes it a while to digest stuff.He doesnt move round at all either its kind of cool because hes inside a real small shell so i can move him around.It does open up more after lights are out.My tanks in a closet so i shut the door for complete darkness.I pop open the door sometimes to check out whats going on and hes uasually more open.

The ones they have at the petstore here are all in lose sand or attacthed to real small rubble.I had it abiout 3 weeks and it hasnt split or mulitiplied.Im cureius as to the growth rate.

And you're sure it's the same thing? Cause it sounds like LA just got these in from Africa, they're a new thing

Maybe you have an orange ball mushroom?

Added some sand yesterday

DSC04476.jpg

DSC04477.jpg

DSC04478.jpg

Wow just went through this whole thread (looking for FTSs) :mellow:

I hope I never have to read through all that spam and useless stuff again

Anyways, I'm making a gif with all the FTS in order, thought it might be kinda cool to see the tank progress in a couple seconds

:lol::P:lol:

I also never want to see Kazooie's sig again <_<

i was just curious because i have some...and they're not corals

That pic looks like a collimorph(sp?)

It's sad that gif ruins the image quality, but here's a one of all the FTS I could find

FTSgifFINAL.gif

altolamprologus

it's a white ball anemone (psuedocorynactis sp.) they're the tropical cousins of strawberry anemones. i think i have 8 or so of them. i read on another site that they can be just as bad as aiptasia but i've had them for months and they just stay put and eat whatever i shove into their mouths. they haven't multiplied either, even though i feed them so i highly doubt they are a nuisance

and i like the picture/movie thingy :D

it's a white ball anemone (psuedocorynactis sp.) they're the tropical cousins of strawberry anemones. i think i have 8 or so of them. i read on another site that they can be just as bad as aiptasia but i've had them for months and they just stay put and eat whatever i shove into their mouths. they haven't multiplied either, even though i feed them so i highly doubt they are a nuisance

and i like the picture/movie thingy :D

Nooo they are cool, I had one in this tank, then it disappeared :huh:

Anyways,

I can't wait to get sponge(s) for this tank tomorrow! I think I'm getting more and more obsessed with sponges the more I look at them...

altolamprologus
Nooo they are cool, I had one in this tank, then it disappeared :huh:

Anyways,

I can't wait to get sponge(s) for this tank tomorrow! I think I'm getting more and more obsessed with sponges the more I look at them...

i can give you one if you want

and did you see the thread about the person with purple sponges growing all over their tank?

Ya it looks very similar except the mouth is white and its red

mine have white mouths too, i just pulled that pic off the internet really quick because i don't have any pics of mine

Ya it looks very similar except the mouth is white and its red

Hmm it's mouth is white? I don't think I've seen one like that then

You ever hear of those nudis that eat sponges? You should try one. They are pretty.

That would be neat, but just about impossible. They may eat sponges, but I would never have enough. Plus, they tend to also eat other things, sorry.

i can give you one if you want

and did you see the thread about the person with purple sponges growing all over their tank?

mine have white mouths too, i just pulled that pic off the internet really quick because i don't have any pics of mine

:D That would be cool, but they usually are on the underside of rocks, could you even get one out? (Without it coming with a huge rock)

Yes, I did, I'm totally jealous! :lol: But they're alot of sponges like that growing on the eggcrate and rocks in ATL's coral system, so I could just get some off there and hope they grow :P Or just enjoy them there lol

Maybe I just have a bad memory, but I don't remember mine having a white mouth

reserch. i remeber the ones with yellow and black stripes eat some kind of red sponge? somthing like that, would be worth looking into.

Squared, nudi's are extremely hard to keep, and with the ones you're thinking of(and most nudis) like starfish, no one really knows their exact diet. Basically what I'm trying to say is that those nudis = impossible

altolamprologus
Hmm it's mouth is white? I don't think I've seen one like that then

That would be neat, but just about impossible. They may eat sponges, but I would never have enough. Plus, they tend to also eat other things, sorry.

:D That would be cool, but they usually are on the underside of rocks, could you even get one out? (Without it coming with a huge rock)

Yes, I did, I'm totally jealous! :lol: But they're alot of sponges like that growing on the eggcrate and rocks in ATL's coral system, so I could just get some off there and hope they grow :P Or just enjoy them there lol

Maybe I just have a bad memory, but I don't remember mine having a white mouth

some of them are in completely inaccessable places, but some are reachable and there's one on a small peice of LR rubble at the front so i can just reach in and grab it. it's kinda small but it's healthy and will grow

and i believe there are several different species that look slightly different so it's possible that yours was just a different species in the same genus

ok random thought. picture this: a tiny little white ball anemone (like 1/4 of an inch in diameter) with a tiny little clownfish hosting it (kinda like the whole thing about mixing guppy dna with whales to make them mini sized :D )

some of them are in completely inaccessable places, but some are reachable and there's one on a small peice of LR rubble at the front so i can just reach in and grab it. it's kinda small but it's healthy and will grow

and i believe there are several different species that look slightly different so it's possible that yours was just a different species in the same genus

ok random thought. picture this: a tiny little white ball anemone (like 1/4 of an inch in diameter) with a tiny little clownfish hosting it (kinda like the whole thing about mixing guppy dna with whales to make them mini sized :D )

It'd be cool if you could bring it to Atlantis tomorrow ;)

Hmm maybe

Haha that'd be cute (if it couldn't eat the clownfish)

you never know. couple decades ago keeping coral was "impossible".

Then I guess I'll have to wait a while before I can keep a sponge eating nudi :) Do public aquariums even keep them? I've never seen them

the cabrillo aquarium has a tank full of nudis, but they are coldwater. still pretty. i think i aked what they ate, forgot what they said but it might have been hydroids?