Innovative Marine Aquariums

20xL mixed rimless - SELLING?

d9hp

Drift what's up man!

There's one from the 9th of this month on the previous page! Still kicking but I've been on RC a lot reading loads of fish related things. I'm planning a massive massive FOWLR for when I move.

How have you been man? I need to get caught up on everyone's tanks!

Whoops! i missed it scrolling between the close ups.

Things look like they're growing in nicely :D

I like that monti digi growing in a bed of zoas!

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoops! i missed it scrolling between the close ups.

Things look like they're growing in nicely :D

I like that monti digi growing in a bed of zoas!

Damn. I did too! It had been there since December and there were actually zoas growing up the stalk. When I was pulling the fish trap out the other day I snapped it off completely. I had to glue it to a frag plug and then glued that to the back glass under the AC70. I hope it branches out over the reef to make sort of a natural !shaded area. Looks pretty cool!

I was thinking $30 for both would be fair, they are healthy eat like pigs. BTW, have you tried New Life Spectrum pellets? I was feeding a varied mix of frozen stuff before, and my fish were fat, but I switched to mostly pellets now and the colors are amazing. I've for a crazy idea for the Biocube, and I'm pretty sure I"m gonna pull the trigger.

Hey man I hate to jump back on taking those cardinals but I just read that I might have some issues housing them in my nano-reef with the bangaii and I'm worried I may already have too many for the FOWLR. Have you listed them on CFT?

If they don't sell I can definitely take them and keep them fat and happy for a while. I can find them another good home. I don't think they would be that hard to rehome though..they are very hard to find most times of the year.

Sorry again.

What day works for you with the frag swap?

I'm free on Wednesday around lunch?

WOW D, the growth in the reef is amazing man, those LEDs seemed to get the job done. Who said LEDs can't grow corals!! True reef feel man, great job.

WOW D, the growth in the reef is amazing man, those LEDs seemed to get the job done. Who said LEDs can't grow corals!! True reef feel man, great job.

Thanks brother.

Much appreciated!

It's a patient man's hobby and I am really happy things have progressed so well.

No kidding....I'm already beating cyano.

The reduced feedings alone I believe are helping me tackle it so quickly. I wish that was the case in the FOWLR...but I have a few secret weapons I'm going to unleash over there!

Special blend. We'll see how it goes!

Hey man I hate to jump back on taking those cardinals but I just read that I might have some issues housing them in my nano-reef with the bangaii and I'm worried I may already have too many for the FOWLR. Have you listed them on CFT?

If they don't sell I can definitely take them and keep them fat and happy for a while. I can find them another good home. I don't think they would be that hard to rehome though..they are very hard to find most times of the year.

Sorry again.

What day works for you with the frag swap?

I'm free on Wednesday around lunch?

I can't do wed, would have to go straight to class, thurs would work for me also. TRAC(?) is also having a frag swap at the fish room on saturday if we can't meet during the week.

I can't do wed, would have to go straight to class, thurs would work for me also. TRAC(?) is also having a frag swap at the fish room on saturday if we can't meet during the week.

Thursday is rough for me because I have class too...but I could do like 4:00 or so if you don't mind coming over and I can just frag stuff once you're here?

Friday may be best honestly, if you're available then.

Saturday won't work because I have family in town.

Thursday or Friday will work. LMK what's best for you.

Let's do Friday. How about 2PM?

Meeting here? I'll make sure I have the fish hungry for you.

I'll PM you my address too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought some Aiptasia X today. Got the ones in the reef that were killing off my zoanthids. They had come in on my blasto and I had just let it go. One of them turned into about 10. Hopefully this stuff works.

Yeah I can do friday, see you then, can't wait to see the FOWLR!

Just remembered the tank lights come on at 2PM...what about 3PM so you can see everything a bit better?

Patrick just came by and gave me some sweet new SPS frags.

I'll get some pictures later but right now my tank is going crazy.

I finally pulled out a bucket and cleaned off both of my powerheads, which were both compeltely covered in hair algae (no where else in the tank...weird?)

Anyways, after putting them back in the entire tank is going bananas and the surface of the water looks like the Atlantic (see Irene) right now. I am hoping I don't piss off the LPS too much with all the added flow but I imagine they will get used to it quickly. The SPS will certainly like having it all back.

cant wait to see some new pics.

This week for sure!

Did you have to use that generator? I haven't lost power yet, keeping my fingers crossed.

Haven't lost power! It has flickered at least 10 times though...I haven't cared though. It's amazing how much less stressful it is now that I have power no matter what!

OH GUESS WHAT?

winner[1].jpg

I BEAT CYANO.

Seriously overnight. It must have just been flow related as well as overfeeding to a lesser extent.

I just cleaned the pumps and today there is literally no cyano anywhere but the corals are a little pissed. I am guessing it is from the die off. I'll do a water change on Monday and that should take care of it.

So cyano...eat it.

loser.jpeg

Now I just have to tackle it in the other tank...I'm thinking about getting a MP10 and putting it on the other side of the 40 and just rocking the hell out of the tank 24/7.

We'll see. Money is tight.

Good stuff man!

I am so pumped!

I'm having my first octoberfest of the year today as well.

This is a big deal people!

Top 5 favorite beer...easy!

Picture update now please.

Tonight probably isn't good but I will have a few hours tomorrow and I'll make it happen.

I have rededicated myself to the nano-reef in the past few weeks. I haven't ever really stopped taking care of it but I just sort of let things go on their own. Well...I scraped all the algae off the left side, front glass and am working on the back glass over a few days (don't want to suspend too much gunk at once).

The tank looks way, way cleaner now but not quite as natural as it did when it was all sorts of wild.

I still like it more now though.

Cool stuff - I am local to you guys so next time there is some kind of meetup let me know.

Go Pack! '08 alumni

Sweet man! Wolfpack 09' alum here!

We can definitely meet up.

1 yr. That means my 20L is about the same, we started around the same time.

Ding ding today is the reef's birthday!

Big update tonight or tomorrow I'm planning.

Congrats Buddy, I've got a sweet acro colony yesterday, I'm gonna frag it up.

Sweet man I can't wait!

Archived