Top Shelf Aquatics

20xL mixed rimless - SELLING?

d9hp

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
definitely a great TOTM. I have always loved checking into your thread and seeing the growth. I love the colors in your tank. Congrats man, you deserve it. Hopefully you find another clam for the tank!!!!! Can't wait to see what you get!

Thanks...I appreciate all the comments.

I'm not sure why everyone things I deserve it but I certainly am humbled!

I am still looking for another clam...I have the time to be picky though

One of the best tanks here.

Congrats, well deserved.

Thank you very much, what a fantastic compliment.

Congrats! Nice job buddy! I'm pretty busy today, but if you want to meet tomorrow I'm free all day.

Sorry I'm just getting back to this man! I'm swamped this week due to a big FDA trial kicking off for work. Can we sort something out for this weekend?

Great job man, I knew this would come.

Thanks man...I really appreciate the comments and you always stopping by here.

wooT!

DRIFT what's up good buddy. Same as tundra...always nice seeing familiar heads pop in!

You truly deserve TOTM! Congrats, mate!

Thanks brother!

congrats congrats congrats... knew it was only a matter of time

nice write up too for the TOTM article!

Thanks cruz...I enjoyed writing it and I'm glad people enjoyed my novel :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So my clowns have been living in the wellso brain for months thinking it's hosting them for some reason. It has not grown or gained color at all in this time but it also hasn't really gotten any worse.

I don't want to get rid of the brain but I have to get the clowns to stop hanging around it. Patrick (the poster above) and I have done some frag trading and he offered me one of his RBTA clones for the tank.

Yeah...you caught that. He offered. What an asset to the hobby. People doing things like that are what kept me afloat in the hobby long ago and I love seeing things like that. I am really looking forward to adding it. Anyways, I'm working on a net type thing to keep it over on the right side of the tank while it settles down. I'll update with photos this weekend if we can sort out a suitable time!!!!

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate all the positive feedback.

Very well deserved buddy, to be honest when I first started prowling here your tank was the one I said "DAMN, I want a tank like that!!". Congratulations and keep up the good work.

Very well deserved buddy, to be honest when I first started prowling here your tank was the one I said "DAMN, I want a tank like that!!". Congratulations and keep up the good work.

Thanks for such a great compliment Pablo!

Congrats bro, I knew this was a TOTM type of tank. Makes me miss my 20L!

Thanks Swayd...set it back up!

congrats :D

Thanks Tim

CONGRATULATIONS!! Well deserved, and about time! An absolute honor 'knowing' you!

Wil!

Hope you've been well...thanks for stopping by and the kind remarks

Im just getting into Nano-Reefs, and your <6 Gallon success is inspiring me to continue! Congrats on the TOTM!

I know Im beating a dead horse by trying but I'm attempting to make a stock looking Fluval Edge Reef.

Im just getting into Nano-Reefs, and your <6 Gallon success is inspiring me to continue! Congrats on the TOTM!

I know Im beating a dead horse by trying but I'm attempting to make a stock looking Fluval Edge Reef.

Good luck!

Congrats on TOTM. This has been one of my favorite tanks since I joined and started looking around.

Thanks Iron. Much appreciated.

I moved a few corals around on Tuesday and things are doing well. I absolutely hate having to move anything because I inevitably always knock something over. I moved the big pink cap on the far right a little bit underneath the other one to try and create a little more vertical depth in the tank. It looks good so far I just hope it continues to grow well in that spot. It should have a little more flow as well. My green digitata is still exploding. I am still on the lookout for a piece of purple digitata but I honestly don't have anymore room in the tank.

I am hoping to meet up with Patrick this weekend to grab that RBTA. It will go on the far right of the tank and hopefully I can just leave a little piece of netting up overnight while it settles down and it won't move around after that. I hope...

There is a big frag swap next month that I might grab a clam from...it just depends if I can find a nice purple crocea or green maxima.

So your BTA escaped it's glass prison and attached to some rocks last week. Busted out the chisel and got it back in isolation. Here's a teaser pic, it's a little shrunken from being removed from the rock yesterday.

IMG_0147.jpg

Congrats on TOTM!

Thanks Med!

Big update on the tank!

Went by Patrick's place today and he totally hooked me up. Beyond that even. I don't think I've ever been that excited after leaving the LFS much less a guy's house!

He gave me a little birdsnest colony, an RBTA clone, a green pocci, a reverse pokerstar chip, and this other awesome SPS coral that already has better polyp extension than anything else in my tank!

I am definitely looking forward to getting his new 3-part dosing system setup because his tank is looking great. One of the best SPS collections I've seen locally.

I'm off to seminar then a long evening preparing for a day trip tomorrow. I plan on getting some pictures and a video over the weekend after a water change. I know I have been pushing updates back but they will come. This new stuff is just too awesome to keep from everyone here.

Thanks again Patrick!

Careful with that green poci! Sure, it looks all nice and pretty and then one day it goes sexual in your tank and instead of scraping coralline you're scraping poci off the glass, breaking it off the rocks, cutting your hands on tiny pieces that you couldn't see... <_<

It IS a voracious grower if nothing else, though!

Careful with that green poci! Sure, it looks all nice and pretty and then one day it goes sexual in your tank and instead of scraping coralline you're scraping poci off the glass, breaking it off the rocks, cutting your hands on tiny pieces that you couldn't see... <_<

I've heard that it can be a problem, but I've had this colony for 2 years with no problems..... hopefully it'll behave for Dustin.

No problem man, I thought I got an equally good deal when I came to your place!

Well next time you come by you'll get some more stuff plus an arduino board for that dosing system. That should help speed things up on that!

Thanks for the heads up...it's in a pretty safe spot right now and I wouldn't mind it growing like crazy for me. It's a brilliant neon green. Last night I was watching the tank when the white lights finally cut out and it was amazing to see some of the new pieces under just the blues. I am making water today and should have some updated photos tomorrow.

I've heard that it can be a problem, but I've had this colony for 2 years with no problems..... hopefully it'll behave for Dustin.

I'm sure it will...and even if it doesn't I won't mind. That's part of it!

• 2 weeks later...
Any pics yet man? And would you be interested in splitting a Mr coral order?

Sorry I'm just getting to you man.

I actually have been out of town this week and it looks like someone was feeding too much!

Cyano is back but not too terrible.

Here's an updated video...please pardon all the algae.

The anemone is on the float switches and is very happy...but it's hard to see without looking from the top of the tank. Hopefully it will move as it grows!

I can't go in on any aquarium stuff for a while. I had to spend quite a bit on the car last month and I need to save what I've got until I finish school.

Just 30 some odd days now...

I just read through the vast majority of your thread and Im very impressed. Your skills with the electrical and programming work on this tank show. Everything looks happy and healthy. Great job and a beautiful tank. Hats off to you sir.

Archived