inTank Media Baskets

20xL mixed rimless - SELLING?

d9hp

I had promised pictures but I came home to my copperband butterfly's corpse. It was in QT and I just got it on Wednesday but I still hate losing fish.

I may not try one again for a while. This was for the 75g...

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
congrats on the 1 year!

lamesauce about the copper banded

Thanks cruz!

My mother lost her copper band as well last year... Its a very nice fish, sorry to hear you lost yours.

Yeah...it sucks losing any fish but especially one of my favorite species.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

And...there is nothing better than an updated FTS

DSC_0590%2520%25281%2529.jpg

Wow your tank is fantastic!! Love the colours :D

Also, are copperbands reef safe? Sorry to hear about the loss of yours :( Planning on getting another?

They are, even tho I know people have had them nibble on a few corals. But overall I would love to have another one, no real issues. Mine just stressed out after a move and didnt make it. Poor guy we had him for 6 months or so and was a joy to watch, and admire.

• 2 weeks later...

My clam died overnight. It was completely fine last night and today it's wide open and looking like hell. Foot uprooted...the works. Going to yank it in a few hours if it doesn't turn around...but it's looking pretty dead to me.

Everything else is fine. I'm hoping this isn't a sign of more to come.

No idea. None.

Sorry to hear about the clam. They aren't typically one to recover... update on it?

Loving your setup, though! Difficulties strike all of us in the hobby at some point and you've got a great looking tank so don't let it get you too down. Losing stuff for no apparent reason sucks, though.

Sorry to hear about the clam. They aren't typically one to recover... update on it?

Loving your setup, though! Difficulties strike all of us in the hobby at some point and you've got a great looking tank so don't let it get you too down. Losing stuff for no apparent reason sucks, though.

I left it in the tank for another two days because part of its mantle was still showing and that part retained its color until I moved it out. It was melting away though and I really feel terrible about it. I wasn't sure if it was dead or not (though it was seriously NOT going to make it through the night) so I put it into a bowl of ice water immediately after removing it. That was really tough. I kept the shell and I'm going to bleach it out and give it to my mother. She loves the ocean and shells and stuff and I give her all the coral skeletons and stuff I can find or get a hold of. It still sucks to see the clam go.

I do have a very nice LFS in North Raleigh that setup a clam tank recently so I might go take a look this weekend. The tank is looking nice with the open space on the sand bed though.

I am not sure what happened still but I think that I somehow contaminated one of my feeding cups with Cupramine from my QT environment for the other tank.

I'll update if I can find a crocea or maxima I really like. It had grown so much in the few months I had it. Even Dasani commented on this thread about it's rapid growth!

Thanks for the compliment!

I'm a big fan of white sand. Gonna try to keep that look wth my setup and minimize the number of things I put down there. I'm actually in a similar boat with my Crocea. That little bugger has survived things that no clam should, and is happy as can be. However, it's from my tank pre-crash and I'm terrified to reintroduce whatever caused the melt. Not quite sure what to do with it.

That suck's about the clam dude. Good new's though, your bta has doubled in size in the last to weeks. I've completely taken the zeo offline, mainly because the dosing was getting to be a hassle. Almost overnight the tank had an immediate growth spurt. It's really crazy, stuff just exploded.

hey big D!

Glad to see your tank has surpassed the 1 year mark & for the most part still going strong. In my recent absence i've been doing a bit of reading on corals & such. A recent study (forgot where or who, so take with a grain of salt). Corals are doomed to death just llike humans, many die with no reason or warning.

I wouldnt worry to much about about the clam.

Damn dude that sucks about the clam, sucks it happened with the renewed love with your reef. everyting else looks great. You coming up to Richmond anytime soon?

I'm a big fan of white sand. Gonna try to keep that look wth my setup and minimize the number of things I put down there. I'm actually in a similar boat with my Crocea. That little bugger has survived things that no clam should, and is happy as can be. However, it's from my tank pre-crash and I'm terrified to reintroduce whatever caused the melt. Not quite sure what to do with it.

I love a good clean white sand bed as well. I had some trouble with cyano but it has cleared up for the most part. I have been unbelievably busy with school and work recently but I do plan on doing a little work on the tank tomorrow including cleaning out the phosban reactor and adding fresh media.

That suck's about the clam dude. Good new's though, your bta has doubled in size in the last to weeks. I've completely taken the zeo offline, mainly because the dosing was getting to be a hassle. Almost overnight the tank had an immediate growth spurt. It's really crazy, stuff just exploded.

Man that's great news! I love when you have those periods of just incredible growth. Your green digi frag has settled in quite nicely and has some great polyp extension. The pink birdsnest is also doing pretty well.

I believe I'm ready for that BTA...my brain coral is really fighting to get enough light with my clowns basically laying all over it for 90% of the day. Are you in town this weekend?

hey big D!

Glad to see your tank has surpassed the 1 year mark & for the most part still going strong. In my recent absence i've been doing a bit of reading on corals & such. A recent study (forgot where or who, so take with a grain of salt). Corals are doomed to death just llike humans, many die with no reason or warning.

I wouldnt worry to much about about the clam.

JBM! How have you been man? I hope things are going well and I certainly like hearing you've been reading. I am looking forward to seeing you come back strong.

Damn dude that sucks about the clam, sucks it happened with the renewed love with your reef. everyting else looks great. You coming up to Richmond anytime soon?

Honestly I think it may have been related to the Curpamine dosing I was doing in the QT. I can't think of anything else it could have possibly been but maybe I contaminated a cup or something. It was fine one day....and basically dead the next.

Also, I have been researching LED build for the upgrade, what kind of crees did you go with?

I believe I used the XRE series. I'll check this weekend and let you know for sure though!

Congrats on TOTM - very well deserved! =0)

+1 Congrats D!!!!!!!!

Very well deserved. Sweet tank. Congrats!

Thanks everyone....I really appreciate it.

This was secretly a goal I had for the tank after the year mark and I am really honored to have it be recognized among all the other awesome aquariums here.

I am hoping to get a pretty extensive update done sometime this month with a longer video as well.

definitely a great TOTM. I have always loved checking into your thread and seeing the growth. I love the colors in your tank. Congrats man, you deserve it. Hopefully you find another clam for the tank!!!!! Can't wait to see what you get!

Archived