Coral Vue Hydros

20xL mixed rimless - SELLING?

d9hp

OMG nice :)

that goby is awsome :wub:

Winston is still my favorite fish. He is a badass that never leaves his little sand mound.

Looking good man, those Zoas are awesome, and glad to see the tank is recovering nicely. I'll be back in town in a couple days, I'll get in touch then.

Sounds good man!

Tank is looking awesome!

That clam has some massive growth! I don't ever think I have seen that much of a gap between the shell and flesh.

Thanks...I love the clam and from the top is has the most brilliant coloration of just about anything I've ever seen.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
urastupidchimp

Winston is so plump! Maybe I should be feeding my guy a little more. I was hoping he would chase down some of the many copepods in the tank but I guess they are too small for him...or too far from the safety of the rock, lol.

Anyway...cough cough...let me know if you ever want to sell me some tiny frags :D Now that I have my LEDs finished my tank needs some more life :)

I didnt notice the cyano until i read it in your post. I think it looks great. Nice clam and the zoanthids are nice and bright. ++++

Winston is so plump! Maybe I should be feeding my guy a little more. I was hoping he would chase down some of the many copepods in the tank but I guess they are too small for him...or too far from the safety of the rock, lol.

Anyway...cough cough...let me know if you ever want to sell me some tiny frags :D Now that I have my LEDs finished my tank needs some more life :)

Thanks...Winston is a fatty but he's happy. I can definitely cut you some small softies but I think there's a short line of people I've made promises to first! I'll see what I have after they take their pick.

I didnt notice the cyano until i read it in your post. I think it looks great. Nice clam and the zoanthids are nice and bright. ++++

Thanks! Much appreciated.

So I just ordered some kalkwasser mix, phosban, and a fish trap. I'm going to breathe new life into this tank! First start, reducing the bioload. The chromis and the anthias have to go!

Then I can drop back to one dry feeding per day and one frozen feeding.

The new phosban should help and once I get my hands on some more MB7 (I need to place an order for salt in about 2 weeks) I'll kick back into vodka dosing to try and slap those nutrients down completely.

Stay tuned.

urastupidchimp
Thanks...Winston is a fatty but he's happy. I can definitely cut you some small softies but I think there's a short line of people I've made promises to first! I'll see what I have after they take their pick.

Not a problem! I plan on making my rounds to a few places this weekend and hopefully find a few frags :)

Have you been out to The Reef Farm? I think I'm gonna go there, not sure if they sell small frags, though...

Down Under is also having a sale, but they usually don't have small frags...

I like to sit in front of my tank too, but usually with chocolate milk B)

Not a problem! I plan on making my rounds to a few places this weekend and hopefully find a few frags :)

Have you been out to The Reef Farm? I think I'm gonna go there, not sure if they sell small frags, though...

Down Under is also having a sale, but they usually don't have small frags...

I like to sit in front of my tank too, but usually with chocolate milk B)

How did the trips work out?

Another idea for you is to visit carolinafishtalk.com

Their marketplace is busy busy busy. I've met some nice people there but there are plenty that seem a bit aloof when it comes to best practices so be careful of advice there.

Grace (owner of the reef farm) is a very sweet lady that knows quite a bit and has been doing this for a long, long time. I've never been but imagine its a fun place that has really great prices.

Dubey's is a place in Burlington, NC....it rules.

Down Under is only 5 minutes from my house so I am in there pretty often...they are great as well and I have them order me fish pretty often.

I don't care for many others.

urastupidchimp
How did the trips work out?

Another idea for you is to visit carolinafishtalk.com

Their marketplace is busy busy busy. I've met some nice people there but there are plenty that seem a bit aloof when it comes to best practices so be careful of advice there.

Grace (owner of the reef farm) is a very sweet lady that knows quite a bit and has been doing this for a long, long time. I've never been but imagine its a fun place that has really great prices.

Dubey's is a place in Burlington, NC....it rules.

Down Under is only 5 minutes from my house so I am in there pretty often...they are great as well and I have them order me fish pretty often.

I don't care for many others.

Picked up a few things from The Reef Farm, those guys are awesome! Can't wait till my tank is ready for some LPS, I'll probably give it another month to make sure everything is completely stable :)

I got my former :( fish (he jumped) and shrimp from Down Under. Their livestock always looks great :)

I'm planning on making a trip to Lexington this weekend so I'll try to stop by Dubey's on the way back to Raleigh :)

Hey Dustin I"m back from my pre-class vacay! Let's do this swap!

I kind of got a little carried away with my rescape the other day and glued your frag down real good! Don't worry though I made a little multi frag with green and pink birdsnest and a little acro. still have the green and orange monti frags too. If you want I can hold onto the multi frag and let it grow out a bit. I would have mounted individually but I ran out of plugs.

Hey Dustin I"m back from my pre-class vacay! Let's do this swap!

I kind of got a little carried away with my rescape the other day and glued your frag down real good! Don't worry though I made a little multi frag with green and pink birdsnest and a little acro. still have the green and orange monti frags too. If you want I can hold onto the multi frag and let it grow out a bit. I would have mounted individually but I ran out of plugs.

that tank is something to be proud of!

How about Friday at lunch? I haven't actually fragged any of my corals yet...do you mind them not being on frag plugs?

-Dustin

OH one more thing! Tank will have been up and running for a year in just a few weeks!!!! So pumped. Going to get a coral to celebrate. And hopefully another clam.

Friday sounds good man, and congrats on a year! I'll be coming up on a year since the move in a few months! I shot a new video too, you should check it out. I'll be bringing green and orange digitatas and an acro that will color up nicely, its a little brown right now. I can bring the pink and green birdsnests if you want, but I think I should hold onto them for a couple more weeks and let them heal a bit, your call though. Just bring whatever zoa's you feel is a fair trade. You want to meet at downunder?

Thats awesome D!Congrats!

Thanks Hype! And there's a chance I'll be staying in Raleigh after December so this thing could make it to 1.5 years...no sweat.

Friday sounds good man, and congrats on a year! I'll be coming up on a year since the move in a few months! I shot a new video too, you should check it out. I'll be bringing green and orange digitatas and an acro that will color up nicely, its a little brown right now. I can bring the pink and green birdsnests if you want, but I think I should hold onto them for a couple more weeks and let them heal a bit, your call though. Just bring whatever zoa's you feel is a fair trade. You want to meet at downunder?

Really sorry to have to push this back man...I totally forgot I'm moving my girlfriend in on Friday and over the weekend. Don't tell her I forgot though :P

We can definitely get up next week and we can meet at down under or my place if you want. I'm up for anything...I'll check with you next week on when.

I saw your video over at CFT and your tank looks great...video was fantastic. You have a good eye for focusing...I never could take video without auto-focus.

Those cardinals also look fantastic. Have you seen how HUGE their mouths open up when they attack food? I saw one eat a piece of salmon that was literally half its size and then after that one died I was inspecting it and opened his mouth up. It was like a damn largemouth bass!

Congrats on making it to the one year mark! The new FTS looks great too!

Thanks a lot schreiba!

Much appreciated. I attribute my 1yr success to me keeping my hands out of the tank as much as possible!

Oh its no problem, I wouldn't mind checking out the filefish in person, and it'll give the fresh frags a little more time to heal up. Thanks for the compliments too!

I JUST CAUGHT HER! THE WORLD'S FASTEST FISH!

Oh wow. What a challenge. The trap was so big I had to rig it up to hang on the inside glass with fishing line and a mag float.

Then the door wasn't dropping fast enough for my liking so I super glued a piece of line to that and tied weights to the end of it. Then I waited.

Days.

I would squirt mysis and brine into the end of the tube with a baster to encourage them to go in. I caught the chromis on the second day...boy was he in bad shape. I haven't seen him in the FOWLR since introduction so I'm not holding out hope. The sixline had beated him up pretty good.

Anyways, the anthias wouldn't even go within an inch of the trap for the first two days. She would sit there and hover at the entrance waiting for food to fly out. She ate pretty good.

The sixline was the bravest, going in and out and in and out all the time. The rest of the fish didn't really get it.

I remained patient though! I fed little, but often. To try and build their confidence in the UFO floating in the column.

Then today the female clown figured out how to enter the trap and was eating everything I put in there. The anthias got a little closer. She got closer.

She finally followed the female clown into the trap and BOOM! I released the line.

Well ####! She rocketed out of the trap like a missile. I had caught the clown. Not her.

I set it back and figured it would be another 3 days before she entered.

I added more food about 3 hours later and the sixline and clown went in to have a bit to eat. They came and left as the anthias hovered at the door.

Then the clown and sixline entered and ventured to the back of the trap. There was no food left in there so I wasn't holding out hope...but then the anthias went in!

She made her move but I made mine faster. The second I felt she was clear of the door and heading INTO the trap I released the line!

CURSE WORDS RAINED DOWN ON MY HOME.

The dogs went nuts too.

I had caught three fish...but she was one of them! I dumped them all into a pitcher and carefully netted the clown and wrasse back into the tank after a few drops of stress coat.

She's acclimating now. Alice the lyretail, you're mine!!!!

lol awesome story d i was totally captivated! Glad you were able to catch her. Its probably one of the most triumphant feelings in the world when you catch a fish without dismantling your tank.

Great story man! Would you by chance be interested in 2 cardinals? Maybe taking i different route with my cube, not sure though.

lol awesome story d i was totally captivated! Glad you were able to catch her. Its probably one of the most triumphant feelings in the world when you catch a fish without dismantling your tank.

Haha thanks hype I was so excited last night once I caught her because now I can stop feeding the reef so much and really take care of the cyano problem for good. She has such great color and size though so I definitely know she is healthy. She is already swimming around in the 75g and doesn't seem to know what to think!

Great story man! Would you by chance be interested in 2 cardinals? Maybe taking i different route with my cube, not sure though.

Hah thanks Patrick...I tend to ramble on when I get excited like that.

I definitely would take them from you if the price isn't too steep. What are you looking to get for them? You don't want a small blue spot toby puffer do you? ;)

Let me know...we can work something out.

I was thinking $30 for both would be fair, they are healthy eat like pigs. BTW, have you tried New Life Spectrum pellets? I was feeding a varied mix of frozen stuff before, and my fish were fat, but I switched to mostly pellets now and the colors are amazing. I've for a crazy idea for the Biocube, and I'm pretty sure I"m gonna pull the trigger.

I was thinking $30 for both would be fair, they are healthy eat like pigs. BTW, have you tried New Life Spectrum pellets? I was feeding a varied mix of frozen stuff before, and my fish were fat, but I switched to mostly pellets now and the colors are amazing. I've for a crazy idea for the Biocube, and I'm pretty sure I"m gonna pull the trigger.

Oh yeah man...that's fair. I'll take em'.

I love NLS pellets. That and PE mysis are my two go to foods other than the Rogger's that the filefish eat.

I've seen fish that ONLY eat NLS pellets that look incredible. My clowns at those for the longest time and I swear they have some of the best color of any mocha clowns I've ever seen.

How crazy?! I love crazy ideas. Let me know if you want a hand or anything...I'm close and have the itch for a new build that can't be scratched until I get a house.

Dustin! How have you been? Fts please?

Drift what's up man!

There's one from the 9th of this month on the previous page! Still kicking but I've been on RC a lot reading loads of fish related things. I'm planning a massive massive FOWLR for when I move.

How have you been man? I need to get caught up on everyone's tanks!

Archived