inTank Media Baskets

マングローブラグーン

Giga

move only a hand full-and not exaggerating-I don't recommend sea-chem pearl beach sand ever!

sandyfts0336128.jpg

by the was the aqua scape is done lol

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
move only a hand full-and not exaggerating-I don't recommend sea-chem pearl beach sand ever!

sandyfts0336128.jpg

by the was the aqua scape is done lol

Holy crap! The only time a tank should ever look that cloudy is right after a move or new set-up.

Does this really happen after every water change or mere slight disturbance!? If so, something's wrong with your sandbed.

Thought this was funny, I guess this is seachem nice way of calling me a idiot lol,but I've never rinsed sand for my other tanks and I've never had this problem before

Dear Brian

I am very sorry to hear that you have been disappointed with Pearl Beach. It is always important to rinse any substrate thoroughly before adding it to an aquarium. The labels for all of our substrates have this printed on them. As substrates, especially softer types such as aragonite, are moved from place to place movement causes the granules to grind against one another. This causes dust to build up. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent this without altering the product in a way that would not be beneficial to an aquariums ecosystem. Again, I apologize that you were unhappy with the product but it is not abnormal to see large amounts of dust in a natural substrate. This is why rinsing it is so important. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

I know this might mess with your cycle a little but, stir it up and do a water change 30-50% while at it this should reduce the amount of dust overtime. Now is a great time to do it since you don’t have much livestock.

I know this might mess with your cycle a little but, stir it up and do a water change 30-50% while at it this should reduce the amount of dust overtime. Now is a great time to do it since you don’t have much livestock.

what I'm goona do is just drain the water through a filter sock into a plastic bin then just remove the sand bed manually. Then put in a new sand bed and pump the water back in

do to the fact that I have to change my sand bed I might change the aqua-scape to something even more epic but we will see and I'll wait like a month or two, to do it-mainly because I'm not in the mood to put all that work into it lol

anyway it's been a month since I've planted my black mangroves and a update is in order-all are growing and the super one is about 3" tall now.I'm gonna let them grow for a little while longer in my pseudo planter before I transplant them in the mud. sorry for the crappy pic

blackmangroves002.jpg

Very to cool to see that things are growing well. This is probably one of the coolest ideas I have seen for a tank and I can't wait to see how you execute it.

That sucks you have to change out the sandbed. I usually have cloudy water when I do a mix of sand sizes and fiji mud. Usually a couple of water changes will help clear it up.

Can't wait to see the new scape.

- B

can't wait to see some new pics. did you change the substrate?

I didn't change it yet. I don't hqve the motivation to change it right now so I'm going to wait a couple months and just let my mangroves grow in. I will add all my fish but no coral till I change the sand and do my new aquascape. I will eventually call the new aqua scape the Mangrove island

Update time-though with a bad camera :happy:

I thought this was cool because on the right island tree there is always 2-4 astria's(sp?).

newshots001.jpg

a better shot of the black mangroves

newshots005.jpg

new left island-I'm still not happy with this but again I will change it a couple months from now as I'm just goona let things grow in for now

newshots012.jpg

sky shot

newshots019.jpg

I'm getting very good growth with all my mangroves.One weeks growth

newshots008.jpg

FTS

newshots007.jpg

side shot

newshots003.jpg

other side

newshots004.jpg

I'm hoping I'm getting my wrasse on Tuesday but my lfs has been hit or miss lately and they said there getting more blue spots-BUT they been saying that for a month.

Great idea using the acrylic rods for the root growth!

yeah that way you kinda can't see them :huh: but once the roots are crazy enough I don't think I'll need the rods

Archived